Bracketology - 1/15 | The Boneyard

Bracketology - 1/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
A lot of AAC fans think we'll get 5 teams in but I have consistently stated just 3 will get in. Lunardi has Cincinnati as a 7 seed, SMU as a 9 seed and Tulsa w/ the auto bid as an 11 seed. My belief is Cincinnati and SMU barring a collapse are in, they both had good OOC schedules and got solid wins. Then, 1 out of Temple, Tulsa and UConn will get in too. The committee has no respect for the AAC. Temple and UConn had good schedules but didn't get the wins (UConn still has Stanford), Tulsa didn't have a good schedule or good wins. No one really has an idea of how good the AAC is so getting OOC wins is imperative.

Reaction Score
A lot of AAC fans think we'll get 5 teams in but I have consistently stated just 3 will get in. Lunardi has Cincinnati as a 7 seed, SMU as a 9 seed and Tulsa w/ the auto bid as an 11 seed. My belief is Cincinnati and SMU barring a collapse are in, they both had good OOC schedules and got solid wins. Then, 1 out of Temple, Tulsa and UConn will get in too. The committee has no respect for the AAC. Temple and UConn had good schedules but didn't get the wins (UConn still has Stanford), Tulsa didn't have a good schedule or good wins. No one really has an idea of how good the AAC is so getting OOC wins is imperative.
Temple losing back to back at home versus Tulsa and SMU hurt, they will need to grab the away games versus them, which I am not sure they can. Oh, and going to Cincy saturday will not ease the pain.

But I do not get the statements Temple and Uconn did not get the OOC wins. Temple beat Kansas, a better win anyone else in the league has, and UConn has wins over Dayton and at Florida, probably the next 2 best OOC wins in the league.

Edit: I forgot Cincy beat SDST that is up there with Florida.

Reaction Score

AAC will get 2 teams unless the 3rd seed or below wins the AAC auto-bid. Also, we do have an idea of how good the AAC is, it is a little below the Atlantic-10 now that Louisville has left.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
AAC will get 2 teams unless the 3rd seed or below wins the AAC auto-bid. Also, we do have an idea of how good the AAC is, it is a little below the Atlantic-10 now that Louisville has left.

Please point out the A10 teams in the listing below
1BestHoopsWinPct.png

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Pleasantly surprised to see Cincinnati there especially since we've had a 11-19, 13-19 and 19-16 in that stretch.

Reaction Score
Please point out the A10 teams in the listing below
1BestHoopsWinPct.png

Okay but that table is irrelevant to what was being said... The guy above was talking about how good the AAC is and if you had to compare to any other conference it would be a step below the A-10. Its great seeing our past success though, thank you for that.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Okay but that table is irrelevant to what was being said... The guy above was talking about how good the AAC is and if you had to compare to any other conference it would be a step below the A-10. Its great seeing our past success though, thank you for that.

If you don't think what Memphis did in Conference USA 14 years ago is predictive to the future of the AAC I don't know what to say other than you are LAWST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom