Bracket Breakdown: Jimmy V Classic | The Boneyard

Bracket Breakdown: Jimmy V Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No love for Purvis...

Despite a star turn from senior guard Ryan Boatright, the Huskies followed 2013-14's surprise national title run with a thoroughly disappointing 2014-15. This team will look different. Sterling Gibbs (who was playing great before Seton Hall self-combusted in February) will take over for Boatright. Four-star guard Jalen Adams should start ahead of Rodney Purvis, who actually regressed as a sophomore after his transfer from NC State. Rising sophomore Daniel Hamilton showed flashes of his NBA potential a year ago. Center Amidah Brimah is the nation's best shot-blocker.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/108164/bracket-breakdown-jimmy-v-classic

Reaction Score
No love for Purvis...

Despite a star turn from senior guard Ryan Boatright, the Huskies followed 2013-14's surprise national title run with a thoroughly disappointing 2014-15. This team will look different. Sterling Gibbs (who was playing great before Seton Hall self-combusted in February) will take over for Boatright. Four-star guard Jalen Adams should start ahead of Rodney Purvis, who actually regressed as a sophomore after his transfer from NC State. Rising sophomore Daniel Hamilton showed flashes of his NBA potential a year ago. Center Amidah Brimah is the nation's best shot-blocker.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/108164/bracket-breakdown-jimmy-v-classic
I guess he didn't watch the last quarter of UCONN's season were RP became a leader of the team and lot more consistent. I'm expecting a great year for him!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I mean if you want to call finishing the year averaging 17 ppg on 46% shooting (41% from 3) over your last 8 games regression, be my guest, but you probably shouldn't write about sports for a living.

The last player to light up at the end of their Sophomore year like that was Daniels, and he was the missing link between a borderline tourney team in 2013 (we were just north of 20 wins I believe and limping home literally) and a national champion in 2014.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
I mean if you want to call finishing the year averaging 17 ppg on 46% shooting (41% from 3) over your last 8 games regression, be my guest, but you probably shouldn't write about sports for a living.

The last player to light up at the end of their Sophomore year like that was Daniels, and he was the missing link between a borderline tourney team in 2013 (we were just north of 20 wins I believe and limping home literally) and a national champion in 2014.
These ESPN "articles" really are atrocious. They offer no insight and their reporters have a basic handling on the overall sport. I would expect nothing better from them though as they continue to spew out trash on their website.

Reaction Score
These ESPN "articles" really are atrocious. They offer no insight and their reporters have a basic handling on the overall sport. I would expect nothing better from them though as they continue to spew out trash on their website.

Sadly college fans (think not hard core) buy into this crap.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
More Eammon Brennan spewing nonsense... this guy doesn't know . Honestly, I can't believe he is considered an expert and gets paid to put out stuff like this.

To say that Rodney 'regressed' last year is so FAR from truth, it's just plain WRONG.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't think Purvis regressed at all. He was basically a continuation of the player he was at NC State. Now, you could argue that frosh NC State Purvis was a "regression" or disappointment relative to his HS ranking, but anyone who soberly assessed his game at the time he transferred knew exactly what we were getting last year.

I think he could give us a reined-in-Jerome-Dyson sort of year, like in 2009, with Sterling Gibbs playing the role of AJ Price keeping everything in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom