Boys vs men today | The Boneyard

Boys vs men today

Reaction Score
Great learning and breakdown film in this game. Team could get alot out of

Reaction Score
Nova spanked us. Positive notes-- We played them even in the second half point- wise. The guys didn't lay down.. They gave some effort in second half.

Observation-- Refs hanging with Jay after the huddle broke a lot more than hangin' with Dan. Talkin' stuff I'm sure!

Jay was able to keep Adama and Isiah on the bench in the first half based on his charm with refs. Worked for Nova as usual. Ticky-tacky fouls..

Hope we can take something positive from this for our game in CT with them.

Reaction Score
Bottomline we are thin and no way Hurley thought he'd have this 5.5 man rotation at this point in the year. That could be on him and his staff not developing these kids I don't know, Nova another level we aren't at. Season in jeopardy I believe...not hard to prepare for with 1/2 scorers every gm. Have to accept when team is good not great...and we are good and not going to far with no bench.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Nova spanked us. Positive notes-- We played them even in the second half point- wise. The guys didn't lay down.. They gave some effort in second half.

Observation-- Refs hanging with Jay after the huddle broke a lot more than hangin' with Dan. Talkin' stuff I'm sure!

Jay was able to keep Adama and Isiah on the bench in the first half based on his charm with refs. Worked for Nova as usual. Ticky-tacky fouls..

Hope we can take something positive from this for our game in CT with them.
I’m sure I’ll hear it from the self righteous “refs don’t lose games crowd” but they were awful today. I wonder if Dan got Td up earlier (let’s say after Andre got straight up mugged on a dunk attempt no call) it would have influenced the whistle a bit.

Reaction Score
Besides Adamas foul on the block late in the game the blocking foul on Jackson that took away a 3 by Cole was the worst call of the day. It is amazing these refs get paid.

Reaction Score
I’m sure I’ll hear it from the self righteous “refs don’t lose games crowd” but they were awful today. I wonder if Dan got Td up earlier (let’s say after Andre got straight up mugged on a dunk attempt no call) it would have influenced the whistle a bit.
Worse than the creighton game? I feel I will never see that raw dealing again

Reaction Score
Great learning and breakdown film in this game. Team could get alot out of

yeaaaa we play like 4 or 5 super seniors and have not bothered to develop the players with upside - if the upperclassmen aint doing it by now they aint gonna start doing it cuz they watched another game of them not doing it.

We are what we are.

Reaction Score
Besides Adamas foul on the block late in the game the blocking foul on Jackson that took away a 3 by Cole was the worst call of the day. It is amazing these refs get paid.
They probably made a little extra.

Reaction Score
Boyz Ii Men Now 90S Pop GIF by NOW That's Music

Reaction Score
Today was deflating watching them back us down and make layups. One of their best players was injured as we closed to 11 at the end. This was not a close game though.

Reaction Score
Has anyone noticed how easily and often we go for the fake and end up fouling. Happens far to often.

Reaction Score
What's frustrating is being exposed defensively. I like Hurley, but some of his defensive principles in regards to hedging/doubling, help d, and defending in isolation leave a lot to be desired. The same thing happened in the Maryland game last year where our small/weak guards were exposed against Ayala.

Reaction Score
Has anyone noticed how easily and often we go for the fake and end up fouling. Happens far to often.
Ya got company- since the turn of the century, Nova does that to every single team they have played..and usually make free throws …ever since Scottie Reynolds’ “shot fake from behind the arc to get ya airborne and then you are screwed” bonanza of yesteryear. As irritating as it gets for opponents. Even More irritating than the “back ya down slowly and post ya up like your dad did in the driveway“ stuff. As a Nova guy -opposing fans‘ response is usually “how do we lose, when we clearly have better players”. no ya don’t , Some athletic but thin 18 yr old guy has a highlight reel dunk and their fans say “we are more talented than Nova…….”. sometimes it’s true, usually it isn’t.

after hearing this from my seton hall buddy once….I finally just told him- “how many times do you have to lose this way before you realize that you are NOT more talented. you may have created the more memorable play.. but style points are for figure skaters. Basketball is about buckets and you are not better at getting more of them. But, you have fun with all your “talent”. “ I def deserved the “oh, Go F#@k Yourself” I received, but I was kinda right...

SIDE NOTE: I don’t get the Hurley ripping in here. He is really good at his job. The guy comes off like a maniac who may give himself a heart attack. But, he is passionate and really good. He has turned this program around. Is it perfect? No. But neither is anyone else’s situation. You should read the criticism Jay Wright gets for not playing younger dudes or not recruiting tall dudes. Hurley is fine ..you are fine! Good luck the rest of the way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom