Boyle - See Upside | The Boneyard

Boyle - See Upside

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

The kid was poise overall, has a big time arm and the boy can run.
I think the receivers need to adjust to his velocity, the ball comes out with some major D1 speed. He also was probably a little pumped so a couple balls were overthrown and several drops. He gave the team an opportunity to win. I am very pleased that we have him on our side.
Also good to see the return of Foley to the OL group.

Reaction Score
The kid was poise overall, has a big time arm and the boy can run.
I think the receivers need to adjust to his velocity, the ball comes out with some major D1 speed. He also was probably a little pumped so a couple balls were overthrown and several drops. He gave the team an opportunity to win. I am very pleased that we have him on our side.
Also good to see the return of Foley to the OL group.

This is the third positive post from you in 3 days. Fishy...someone has hacked Chief00's account. Damn hackers.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yeah, I agree. Despite the drops, the losses and whatever happened there with 18 seconds left, I am giddy with what I saw out of Boyle today. Big body with deceptive speed (I didn't expect to see him chew up so many yards on the ground) and a really good arm. Needs to work on accuracy a bit but could have been bailed out by his receivers on a number of occasions. Also needs to learn to throw the ball away instead of running out of bounds for a needless 4 yard loss and nobody is around him. He'll correct these mistakes I'm sure. But man oh man, I love the arm.

Reaction Score
We now have a BCS QB. Big arm. Poise under fire. Flick of the wrist and ball is there. Needs to learn to "feather the ball" on short throws. F' ing receivers need to learn to catch the ball delivered from a legit D-1 arm. This kid was high on throws all day and too hard on many throws, but that was probably nerves. He will be terrific. Now can we get 21 other players?

C

Chief00

This is the third positive post from you in 3 days. Fishy...someone has hacked Chief00's account. Damn hackers.
I am stating the obvious to folks who actually watch and understand the game. It was hard to find analysis positive during the GDL and P era. Besides I don't usually think of analysis as positive or negative but rather what happened and why. Using that method it did not take forever to realize GDLs OLs were not blocking like Foley's. As for Boyle it is very easy to see, but contrary to a few posters here, he is a future star.

Reaction Score
I think he was good. His mobility alone makes him a better choice than Whitmer. Look back to the final drive of the Michigan game when Whitmer threw the ball away with 8-10 wide open yards ahead of him.

Reaction Score
Other than the game result, it looked a lot like a previous CT QB's first start at home 12 years ago, both visually and statistically.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Other than the game result, it looked a lot like a previous CT QB's first start at home 12 years ago, both visually and statistically.
Care to put together the analysis? I'm not saying that you are wrong, I'm just saying that I haven't looked.

Reaction Score
Care to put together the analysis? I'm not saying that you are wrong, I'm just saying that I haven't looked.

I can tell you as a freshman filling in for keron Henry he finished 128 for 269 47.6%. 9 TD 11INT

Reaction Score
He was 14-32, but did have a touchdown pass. I remember seeing a QB who was poised in the pocket, read the field, but didn't always make the right throw (or an accurate one).

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I thought Tim showed us some promise. Sure I would like to have seen a little more, but there is promise here.

Glass 1/2 full view
I) Needs to work on the touch for short passes
ii) Would have like to see more check down routes and throws. I understand that is difficult given the backs generally have to stay in for protection.
iii) His receivers need more time working with the flight of his ball. He throws higher and harder than Whitmer.
iv) I am hoping that nerves explain some of his inaccuracy.
v) I am hoping the play book gets a little bigger in the next game.

Tim Boyle and Weist give us a reason to watch the balance of the season. And at 0-6, to me it makes sense to get all the kids out there. Screw the redshirts, these kids need to play, learn on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom