Boyle isn't ready. | The Boneyard

Boyle isn't ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Because he couldn't have beaten Stoney Brook by two? WTF is Diaco thinking?

Reaction Score
Kid threw two passes and one was a terrible INT. Whitmer actually did okay. We just suck. Hle never should have taken off Boyle's RS off for how he is using him. He certainly isn't "developing".

Reaction Score
there are many things to hate Diaco for, but burning Boyle's redshirt when there is no other scholarship QB on the roster isn't one of them.
He's #2 on the depth chart. As much as I like Weist, he burned the year that should've been saved.

I've been a big Boyle fan since his HS days, but he hasn't shown anything positive in college.

Reaction Score
Heads up, guys, sportsart should be along shortly to insult and demean you.

Reaction Score
We can't pass block and our QB's don't seem to have the recognition or the authority to check off. Where do you go from there? Forget about Boyle because he isn't allowed to make mistakes and will never get the experience he desperately needs.

Reaction Score
Thinking I might start deleting every post and every thread from Pal. What a ducking clown he is

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Kid threw two passes and one was a terrible INT. Whitmer actually did okay. We just suck. Hle never should have taken off Boyle's RS off for how he is using him. He certainly isn't "developing".

Whitmer delivered 3 points and no TD drives of any sort. For some fans that passes as okay.

Not for me.

I'll take Boyle going Dave Kingman. Three strike outs and one monster HR a game. Whitmer is four groundouts to the second baseman.

Reaction Score
Whitmer delivered 3 points and no TD drives of any sort. For some fans that passes as okay.

Not for me.

I'll take Boyle going Dave Kingman. Three strike outs and one monster HR a game. Whitmer is four groundouts to the second baseman.

I don't even watch baseball and I understood that analogy.

Reaction Score
You're not being fair.

For Whitmer (and grade on a curve) ... that was a good performance. He did not let the ball slip out of his hands nor did he throw it to the other team. He had several really nice runs. And despite constant pressure, he actually made quick decisions. And OK ... we had no scores despite being in the opponent's field 8 times.

To beat the drum for Boyle takes a different personality. If the criteria today really is who can lead us best, you really have a tough time picking Tim Boyle.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
You're not being fair.

For Whitmer (and grade on a curve) ... that was a good performance. He did not let the ball slip out of his hands nor did he throw it to the other team. He had several really nice runs. And despite constant pressure, he actually made quick decisions. And OK ... we had no scores despite being in the opponent's field 8 times.

To beat the drum for Boyle takes a different personality. If the criteria today really is who can lead us best, you really have a tough time picking Tim Boyle.
I had to laugh a little on this. Not sure if you were being serious but he did drop back to pass on a third down late in the game when we needed to move the ball and had so much time that he DID drop the ball right put of his hand. Not sure if he was surprised with the pocket holding or what but the ball just slipped straight down to the ground, he picked up, and was sacked.

I agree that Boyle has shown nothing to make me think he could turn this team around. However, pulling him after he throws an INT and not letting him learn how to bounce back from mistakes is not helping him develop if he truly is our future QB.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I had to laugh a little on this. Not sure if you were being serious but he did drop back to pass on a third down late in the game when we needed to move the ball and had so much time that he DID drop the ball right put of his hand. Not sure if he was surprised with the pocket holding or what but the ball just slipped straight down to the ground, he picked up, and was sacked.

I agree that Boyle has shown nothing to make me think he could turn this team around. However, pulling him after he throws an INT and not letting him learn how to bounce back from mistakes is not helping him develop if he truly is our future QB.
I don't see Tim as the future at all. That's coach speak about him being the future.

Reaction Score
Bonehead said:
I don't see Tim as the future at all. That's coach speak about him being the future.
If not Boyle, then it's an unknown 5th year transfer, a JC transfer, the NC State transfer, or the current QB verbal commitment or some other currently unknown frosh recruit for next year. Lots of unknowns in that list of alternatives.

Reaction Score

Whtimer put up three points and has lost 9 of his last ten starts. And you think that is okay? Wow.

Reaction Score
Palatine said:
Whtimer put up three points and has lost 9 of his last ten starts. And you think that is okay? Wow.

No. It's not ok. I'm ok with playing Boyle 100 pct the rest of the way. But it is also quite likely he goes 0-6 and transfers at the end of the season because he throws 3 picks a game. I think the reason people have issues with you is that they think you think he will be great.

And while he can be worse, losing is losing. And Whitmer can't win.

Reaction Score
I am ready for 100% Foxx at this point. So we get shut out, it's not like we can won 3-0.

Reaction Score
You're not being fair.

He did let the ball slip out of how hands. Either that or it was Tulane's invisible linebacker.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You're not being fair.

Those throws 10-15 yards past Davis were just terrible. 14 points left on the field.

Reaction Score
He did let the ball slip out of how hands. Either that or it was Tulane's invisible linebacker.

Sounds like a video game glitch ("invisible linebacker"). Priceless.

Reaction Score

Sounds like a video game glitch ("invisible linebacker"). Priceless.

Reaction Score
Maybe he let it slip. I'm grading on a curve: it did not lead directly to a TD by the opponent. That's progress for CW.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
The team lost 9 of 10. STFU

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Not for me.

Are you sure that there is a home run in there? At this point it may possibly be four groundouts vs three strikeouts and a popup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom