Boy, Syracuse is so very .... | The Boneyard

Boy, Syracuse is so very ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthTampaBill

20" Neck
Reaction Score
cocky (well I guess I shouldn't use that word Bernie!) on their board.

Some are predicting 3 or 4 losses the whole year. Seriously?

They always over inflate all their teams anyway.

Wait till they start playing some good teams away.

Florida won in OT at home against a not great Arizona team so that was no great win for Syracuse

In college you need a star to go all the way and they don't have one

At the end of the year Syracuse will end up where they normally do.

Watching the final four on TV

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
compared to tampa, syracuse is a beautiful city.

Reaction Score
Tampa is probably the worst city I have ever been to. I feel bad for those stuck there.

Reaction Score
Can someone please explain something to me, Boeheim was so smug right after the entire Fine situation comes out. Then, he apologizes, which I had no problem with whatsoever.

However, now the DA says Davis is credible. Davis explicitly stated that Boeheim SAW HIM IN FINE'S BED IN A HOTEL ROOM, shook his head, then left.

Also, statute of limitations on child molestation? You have got to be kidding me.

Reaction Score
"bleeny72, post: 102479"Also, statute of limitations on child molestation? You have got to be kidding me.
I don't defend child molesters, but I do defend justice.
Statutes of limitations exist for this single purpose:
The ability to mount a defense diminishes with time.

It's really as simple as that.

If they come to you 10 years after a guy fixed your roof and he's suing you, do you still have receipts? Is the company that fixed the roof after it leaked the first time still in business? And so on.

Criminally, it's worse. Exonerating witnesses disappear. Your alibi witnesses and evidence are discarded or lost.

Frankly, it's rather egregious that, in most states, there is no SOL for murder.

IMO, an accused's ability to make a defense should come before our communal need to convict somebody.

Have no doubt that Bernie is going down. The Feds are GUARANTEED to find something that will stick.

I'd bet my career on it.e

EDIT - meeeh. ducked up drukn quote sh-it.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
We get it, you hate Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Aside from a miracle 1 man gang title run the Cuse has done next to nothing the past 20 years. I think they have 3 elite 8's since 1990? Without Melo (whom we absolutely dominated twice that year) they are on Pitt level. Their program is so inferior to ours it's not even worth discussing at this point. But hey... they have 2 "Helm's National Championships" from the 1910's LOLOLOLOL.

Reaction Score
Aside from a miracle 1 man gang title run the Cuse has done next to nothing the past 20 years. I think they have 3 elite 8's since 1990? Without Melo (whom we absolutely dominated twice that year) they are on Pitt level. Their program is so inferior to ours it's not even worth discussing at this point. But hey... they have 2 "Helm's National Championships" from the 1910's LOLOLOLOL.

this is just comical...96 title game is nothing huh? Cuse could easily have 3 titles but happens, been to as many title games as the farrrrr superior Uconn, kudos to u guys for winning em tho thats all that matters ....u say without melo, umm u guys dont win 10 games without Kemba...u guys sure talk a lot about Syracuse tho ill give u that

Reaction Score
this is just comical...96 title game is nothing huh? Cuse could easily have 3 titles but **** happens, been to as many title games as the farrrrr superior Uconn, kudos to u guys for winning em tho thats all that matters ....u say without melo, umm u guys dont win 10 games without Kemba...u guys sure talk a lot about Syracuse tho ill give u that

Bernie-fines-wife.jpg

caw

Reaction Score
National Championships: UConn 3, Cuse 1
Final fours: UConn 4, Cuse 4
NCAA Appearances: UConn 30, Cuse 33
Helms Trophies: UConn 0, Cuse 2
Big East Tourney Championships: UConn 7, Cuse 5
Big East Regular Season Winners (or shared): UConn 10, Cuse 8
Sole BE Regular Season Winners: UConn 3, Cuse 1

Overall pretty close, though Cuse will never surpass UConn for BE titles and has a long way to catch UConn for National Championships which is the main reason the season is played. It's kind of a joke how much people have been complaining about the one and done format recently.

Reaction Score
Every time I hear Cuse fan come with their shoulda could woulda whining I shed a little tear

Every team shoulda coulda woulda won 2 more championships than they have... so pathetic

You have 1 championship. Uconn has 3. We are in a whole different stratosphere

Reaction Score
Tampa is probably the worst city I have ever been to. I feel bad for those stuck there.

Went to college in the Tampa area. If you think it is bad now, you should of seen it then. An industrial city with no personality with the possible exception of Ebor City, the Bud and Schlitz free beer breweries.
The airport was like Brainard Field in Hartford. Clearwater was fun though on the right weekend.

Reaction Score
Went to college in the Tampa area. If you think it is bad now, you should of seen it then. An industrial city with no personality with the possible exception of Ebor City, the Bud and Schlitz free beer breweries.
The airport was like Brainard Field in Hartford. Clearwater was fun though on the right weekend.
I guess you didn't spend much time in Ybor City. :)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I guess you didn't spend much time in Ybor City. :)

+1 and funny.

Who would ever want to spend any time in Tampa compared to Syracuse? I mean once you get past the pro football, Busch Gardens, PGA Tour golf courses, Gulf of Mexico beaches, New Year's Day bowl games and stuff, it's garbage.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
It's really just SouthTampaBill ...

SouthTampaBill sucks. One of the worst posters on this board. Every time he posts, he's just trying to provoke someone into replying. I'm not sure if he thinks he's being witty or what with the title followed by ....

He always does that and his posts are all awful.

What's the status on an ignore button on these forums?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Bill's a dips***.

But on it's worst day, Tampa is better than Syracuse. I don't care what either city looks like, in one of them you can get in a car and be on a sandy beach in about three minutes. The Syracuse Chamber of Commerce could hand out gold bricks to every visitor and still not be able to make up for the fact that they are about a three-day drive from anything resembling warm and sandy.

As for the UConn vs Syracuse thing...I kinda like our resume there. We seem to have spent the last twenty years hoisting more and better stuff into the rafters than they have.

Reaction Score
Really, the comparisons in the tournament do not come close. Syracuse has 1 championship versus UConn's three. In addition, since 1989, Cuse has been past the sweet 16 twice. In that same time, UConn has 8 times. UConn has more championships than Cuse has played in the elite eight in over 20 years.

It isn't comparable in postseason success.

Still, they will be in the ACC and we will not (for now).

Reaction Score
My idea of hell on earth...flying from Tampa to Syracuse and back again...As far as Syracuse basketball goes, I guess I find it hard to believe that they had a child molester on the bench for 30 years but nobody is going take a hit for it. Sheesh! And apparently the child molester's wife is banging players...again nobody is taking a hit. Unbelievable. Sgt. Schultz would be so proud.

Reaction Score

Hey guys, Cuse fan here. I'll preface this post by saying I think you guys have a fantastic team and a very good chance of repeating this year. 4 titles in 13 years would be an incredible achievement.

Now, Husky999, in reference to your above post.... where to begin?

While we were fortunate to have the best player in college basketball that year, to say we were a one-man gang is ridiculous. Melo was absolutely garbage in our 2nd round game vs. Oklahoma State and did not score a field goal until late in the 2nd half. We came back from a 17 point deficit thanks to Josh Pace, Billy Edelin and Jeremy McNeil. To bash us for winning a title with Melo is silly, as Calhoun has had access to way more NBA talent than Boeheim.

You're right, you guys handled us twice in 2003. We beat you in 1999, 2004 and 2011. What's your point?

Done next to nothing since 1990? We were tied with arguably the greatest college basketball team ever in the 1996 title game with 4 minutes left. We were considered by many the best team in the country in 2010 until AO went down. And in 1987, we were a freakish off-balance Keith Smart jumper from having a ring before UConn was nationally relevant.

Without Melo we're on Pitt level? Syracuse is 5th all-time in wins. Pitt is 46th all-time in wins. One more time... Syracuse is 5th, Pitt is 46th.

Finally, re: the Helm's National Titles, obviously they don't hold as much weight as an NCAA tournament championship, but what's wrong with honoring accomplishments in the early years of our program?

Good luck the rest of the year.

Reaction Score
Hey guys, Cuse fan here. I'll preface this post by saying I think you guys have a fantastic team and a very good chance of repeating this year. 4 titles in 13 years would be an incredible achievement.

Now, Husky999, in reference to your above post.... where to begin?

While we were fortunate to have the best player in college basketball that year, to say we were a one-man gang is ridiculous. Melo was absolutely garbage in our 2nd round game vs. Oklahoma State and did not score a field goal until late in the 2nd half. We came back from a 17 point deficit thanks to Josh Pace, Billy Edelin and Jeremy McNeil. To bash us for winning a title with Melo is silly, as Calhoun has had access to way more NBA talent than Boeheim.

You're right, you guys handled us twice in 2003. We beat you in 1999, 2004 and 2011. What's your point?

Done next to nothing since 1990? We were tied with arguably the greatest college basketball team ever in the 1996 title game with 4 minutes left. We were considered by many the best team in the country in 2010 until AO went down. And in 1987, we were a freakish off-balance Keith Smart jumper from having a ring before UConn was nationally relevant.

Without Melo we're on Pitt level? Syracuse is 5th all-time in wins. Pitt is 46th all-time in wins. One more time... Syracuse is 5th, Pitt is 46th.

Finally, re: the Helm's National Titles, obviously they don't hold as much weight as an NCAA tournament championship, but what's wrong with honoring accomplishments in the early years of our program?

Good luck the rest of the year.

A resonable response and some good points. I would agree with you that Syracuse is not in the same league as Pitt in regards to post season under performance. I think your point about incoming talent that I highlighted above is off-base. Without checking I have the impression that Boeheim has pretty consistently gotten higher level recruits than Calhoun. I believe the difference is that Calhoun is much better at developing players. He routinely takes second tier recruits and turns them into NBA players. Boeheim takes top recruits and prepares them to play in Europe. I am open to being wrong about who gets higher rated recruits but that is really the way it seems. I'm too lazy to look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom