Boy did ESPM screw up by letting CBSSN have Uconn vs Cinci | The Boneyard

Boy did ESPM screw up by letting CBSSN have Uconn vs Cinci

Reaction Score
Just watched the replay, after listening to the original game on radio, and what a great game. ESPN should be ashamed to let CBSSN take that game. Cinci vs UConn is always almost a rivalry game. Why do they treat us so badly?

Now its time for Geno's team to play an A game vs USC.

Reaction Score
Just watched the replay, after listening to the original game on radio, and what a great game. ESPN should be ashamed to let CBSSN take that game. Cinci vs UConn is always almost a rivalry game. Why do they treat us so badly?

Now its time for Geno's team to play an A game vs USC.

So far, so not good...

Reaction Score
ESPN doesn’t care about anything other than the ACC and Dook. They totally miscalculated the biggest college basketball brand which was in their own state and now they get to watch Fox cash in on their mistake.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I think the CBSS announcers were good. They got excited calling a great game. ESPN announcers most of the time seem they don't want to call a AAC game.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I think the CBSS announcers were good. They got excited calling a great game. ESPN announcers most of the time seem they don't want to call a AAC game.

The CBSsports announcers are better than Len Elmore who called the Nova game on Fox and couldn't figure out who was Gaffney and who was Bouknight for the entire game.

Reaction Score
i think going to fox will be great when it comes to conference play. we get to hear gus johnson who's awesome in his own right. i honestly didn't mind Len Elmore when he commentated with Mike Patrick during the first couple of years of AAC conference games on ESPN. that call when Jalen Adams hit that 3/4 court heave against cincy was one of his best calls

Reaction Score
For all the reasons to bash the AAC, TV coverage isn't one of them. Every game we have played this year with the exception of home games against overmatched mid majors has been on national television. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Not on a regional sports network, or internet only like ESPN3, but over the air television or a national cable channel.

We don't get nationally known announcers, and play on Sundays instead of Saturdays. Boo friggin hoo. Every meaningful game is available on your cable box anywhere in the country, and every meaningless game is available on SNY. Surely we have something better to whine about, because it's not at all clear that our overall tv coverage will be better (or even as good) in the Big East. Because the possibility of internet only coverage exists for next year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ESPN thinks that Duke-UNC is the greatest rivalry in SPORTS! Forget college basketball - in all of sport.

In reality, UNC-Duke is not even the greatest rivalry in North Carolina. Dale Earnhardt versus Jeff Gordon was a much bigger deal in the state (and Gordon was from California). Any time NASCAR has two drivers in a bitter feud at the top of the standings that the biggest buzz in in the state and in the south.

Reaction Score
ESPN thinks that Duke-UNC is the greatest rivalry in SPORTS! Forget college basketball - in all of sport.

In reality, UNC-Duke is not even the greatest rivalry in North Carolina. Dale Earnhardt versus Jeff Gordon was a much bigger deal in the state (and Gordon was from California). Any time NASCAR has two drivers in a bitter feud at the top of the standings that the biggest buzz in in the state and in the south.
So it isn’t Hurricanes vs Flames?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
For all the reasons to bash the AAC, TV coverage isn't one of them. Every game we have played this year with the exception of home games against overmatched mid majors has been on national television. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Not on a regional sports network, or internet only like ESPN3, but over the air television or a national cable channel.

We don't get nationally known announcers, and play on Sundays instead of Saturdays. Boo friggin hoo. Every meaningful game is available on your cable box anywhere in the country, and every meaningless game is available on SNY. Surely we have something better to whine about, because it's not at all clear that our overall tv coverage will be better (or even as good) in the Big East. Because the possibility of internet only coverage exists for next year.

While I agree, I don’t think the Big East has any internet only games. My understanding is that all men’s hoop games are on FS1, Fox or CBS. Now football, yeah, not sure what coverage will be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom