Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
if Banks can score 20 everyone is in trouble, including Baylor

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Colgate is not a team that has any business having UConn on the sched. That was really painful to watch. I would not take anything from that box score to heart other than Colgate is atrocious and UConn is good. Next week's games will be more interesting and tell us more, even if it's likely UConn will win both of those games handily. This might as well have been an exhibition game.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Colgate is not a team that has any business having UConn on the sched. That was really painful to watch. I would not take anything from that box score to heart other than Colgate is atrocious and UConn is good. Next week's games will be more interesting and tell us more, even if it's likely UConn will win both of those games handily. This might as well have been an exhibition game.

Very true. A serious mismatch. Still, I've seen other UConn teams lose focus in games against over-matched opponents, particularly after returning from a trip to the Islands. It was business-like and a mature performance.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Not a very productive 12 minutes from Stokes. Heather was actually much better tonight than Kiah was.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I was expecting Stokes to come back this year and really show up in a big way. Has she just not put in the time to improve? I would think that with the knowledge that minutes were going to get harder to earn this year that she would have come out like gangbusters.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kiah has had some good games already this season. Tonight's game was not one of them.

Let's see how she does against Maryland's strong rebounders.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
It isn't very often that a player can enter a game sporting a 73% field goal average and improve the average by the end of the game. Last night, two players did that. Faris and Stokes entered the game shooting 72.7 % and both ended the game shooting 75.0% That's impressive.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Dolson also entered the game with an impressive percentage, shooting 62% on the year, and needed the game shooting 63%. Not bad. Not bad at all.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
It isn't very often that a player can enter a game sporting a 73% field goal average and improve the average by the end of the game. Last night, two players did that. Faris and Stokes entered the game shooting 72.7 % and both ended the game shooting 75.0% That's impressive.
Sad thing is that on Kelly's 6 attempts, it's still not getting her much closer to the 5 FG attempted per game necessary for recognition - again she goes under the radar. ;0)

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
It's worse than that, the hurdle isn't 5 attempts, it is five made, which she did, but that's treading water.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
It's worse than that, the hurdle isn't 5 attempts, it is five made, which she did, but that's treading water.

Phil - how is Kelly doing (cumulatively) in points, assists, steals and rebounds? I remember reading in a JA piece that she was on possible pace to achieve some significant goals before this season is over. I saw her stats thru LY, but haven't seen her total stats this year to add to them.

Thank you!!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I assume you mean career? Not sure OTTOMH and I'm in a meeting, but I'll check. Poke me if I don't follow up.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score

Your point is true, and in a way it was a exhibition, more a favor, really, to the Colgate coach. Geno knows her from her days working with Doug Bruno at DePaul, and he told her any time she needed a game, just call. So she did.

Yes, UConn's talent is far superior, but I give the Colgate kids credit for never backing down, keeping to their game plan, and never showing defeated body language like so may other mis-matched opponents.

Since there are only so many teams that will play us out-of-conference, sometimes we get a bunch of desserts before we have to play a meat-and potatoes game.

(Next week=2 dinners, no cupcakes!)

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Yeah, I assumed it was a favor becasue of the Bruno connection, then when I saw the dueling presidents, I thought maybe that was the drive, but it appears that was lagniappe.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Yeah, I assumed it was a favor becasue of the Bruno connection, then when I saw the dueling presidents, I thought maybe that was the drive, but it appears that was lagniappe.

Serendipity for Susan, Jeffrey not so much....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom