Box Score. | The Boneyard

Box Score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The defense looked tired.

Tiff did not look tired. She looked really fast and really effective. I saw her shoot with her right at least twice. She's getting close to having her name on the wall.

Sherri looked really good.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Amazing that no one fouled out. Had 5 fouls in the 2nd half. The 1st half they were called for 12

I'm surprised there were only 8 turnovers, sure seemed like more.

Reaction Score
Amazing that no one fouled out. Had 5 fouls in the 2nd half. The 1st half they were called for 12

I'm surprised there were only 8 turnovers, sure seemed like more.

I like turnovers; we should aim for about 20. They are a by-product of our best games when we are flying up and down the court with reckless abandon, winning by 30 - 40. We are not that effective [not to mention less entertaining] when we play careful like last night.
Fans don't like turnovers because it makes them nervous, but I see through it.

Reaction Score
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncw/boxscore?gameId=320440201

Too many minutes for Tiff, Bria and Kelly. Gotta get more from Brianna.

CD saying good things post game... team was tired, but they gutted it out. But post play was "horrendous".
I am still concerned about lack of offensive production from Farris and Doty. Everyone loves them both , but they have to at least hit a few open shots. One of the two has to score a few points to get to FF. Kelly also made some poor passes last night. The team looked tired.

Reaction Score
I like turnovers; we should aim for about 20. They are a by-product of our best games when we are flying up and down the court with reckless abandon, winning by 30 - 40. We are not that effective [not to mention less entertaining] when we play careful like last night.
I like turnovers too but I can't eat more than two (apple). I do agree that a few turnovers are worth the positives that accrue when the ladies are fast and precise. That's when the 20-0 runs seem to occur in a blink of an eye.

Reaction Score
I'm with you guys. The wishbone was a high risk offense with a lot of turnovers; But, with a lot of offense also.

BTW: I am partial to pineapple turnovers.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
I like it Sonny...I'd just modify the statement to "when we are flying up and down the court with abandon...", sans "reckless". :)

“Would you like me to give you a formula for... success? It's quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure. You're thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn't at all... you can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it. So go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because, remember that's where you'll find success. On the far side.” - Thomas J. Watson, Founder of IBM

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
There's no one shorter than Bria, yet ironically she got the most rebounds. Says a lot.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm with you guys. The wishbone was a high risk offense with a lot of turnovers; But, with a lot of offense also.

BTW: I am partial to pineapple turnovers.

I had pineapple upside-down pancakes in Maui last month. You would have loved them.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Geno's comment after the game about the OK shooting was a classic that could definitely about another team be seen as a backhanded compliment instead of a tribute to Sooner grit after the early 17 point deficit. "Oklahoma is a lot better than their record. If they had made a lot more shots tonight, it would have been a different story."

Yeah, making a lot more shots can help any team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom