Box Score for Minny/Sun last nite | The Boneyard

Box Score for Minny/Sun last nite

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
LINK

Looks like Tina DNP for the Sun. Lots of minutes for the bench players on both sides.

Lynx #3 pick Dev Peters with a nice line in her 14 mins: 7 rebs (4 off.) 3 blk, 9 PTS

Reaction Score
IMO, Peters was the difference for Notre Dame the past two years. I was inclined to agree with the many posters who believed that Kelly Faris was robbed of the Big East Defensive Player of the Year Award season before last. Under more careful scrutiny this past season, Ms Peters more than deserved to repeat as DPOY. It is incredible that she has been able to maintain a level of quickness and explosiveness in the wake of her three knee surgeries. I do not recall much from her freshman year other than Maya lighting her up early in that game in South Bend, so cannot assess or even guess as to what abilities were lost as a result of the surgeries. Hopefully, she will be part of a WNBA Championship team her rookie year.

Reaction Score
BTW: Milford Husky and VAMike23, the Mystics left a message which will be returned this morning stating that I will definitely be at the game on the 30th. Will I get the opportunity to treat you guys to a refreshment or two? Anyone else plan to attend the game?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Tina did NOT play last night -- was still nursing a groin injury. I wonder whether she will play with the Olympic team over the weekend?

An interesting sidelight of last night's game was watching Kalana guard Maya -- I doubt that happened even in practice at UConn, since they would both have been on the "blue" (first) team most of the time. Kalana did a reasonable job, but no one is going to stop Maya when she takes a pass behind a screen and gets a jump shot up in an instant.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
this is how KG stopped Maya

images

Reaction Score
IMO, Peters was the difference for Notre Dame the past two years. I was inclined to agree with the many posters who believed that Kelly Faris was robbed of the Big East Defensive Player of the Year Award season before last. Under more careful scrutiny this past season, Ms Peters more than deserved to repeat as DPOY. It is incredible that she has been able to maintain a level of quickness and explosiveness in the wake of her three knee surgeries. I do not recall much from her freshman year other than Maya lighting her up early in that game in South Bend, so cannot assess or even guess as to what abilities were lost as a result of the surgeries. Hopefully, she will be part of a WNBA Championship team her rookie year.

Maya lit it up from the 3 in that game. Can't say I remember all the details of that game, but doubt they were guarding each other. Moore finished w/ 15pts, 3rbs, 1 A, 1B, 1S, 3to, 3pf in 31 minutes. Peters had 10pts, 12 rbs (7off), 2 A, 1B, 1to, 4pf in 19 minutes

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Tina did NOT play last night -- was still nursing a groin injury. I wonder whether she will play with the Olympic team over the weekend?

An interesting sidelight of last night's game was watching Kalana guard Maya -- I doubt that happened even in practice at UConn, since they would both have been on the "blue" (first) team most of the time. Kalana did a reasonable job, but no one is going to stop Maya when she takes a pass behind a screen and gets a jump shot up in an instant.

I was following the Gamecast and saw Maya had a cold start - and no rebounds told me she was playing more on the perimeter last night.

Any observations you'd care to share about the game and any of the former Huskies?

Reaction Score
Maya lit it up from the 3 in that game. Can't say I remember all the details of that game, but doubt they were guarding each other. Moore finished w/ 15pts, 3rbs, 1 A, 1B, 1S, 3to, 3pf in 31 minutes. Peters had 10pts, 12 rbs (7off), 2 A, 1B, 1to, 4pf in 19 minutes

Ms Peters had a better game than I remember. My lasting memories of Peters in that that game are of her fouling Maya during a 3 pt atempt which Maya converted for a four point play, and of a frustrated Peters going to the bench after that foul.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
BTW: Milford Husky and VAMike23, the Mystics left a message which will be returned this morning stating that I will definitely be at the game on the 30th. Will I get the opportunity to treat you guys to a refreshment or two? Anyone else plan to attend the game?

I will definitely try to make it down to Verizon for that game :D Haven't even got my ticket yet

[Edit: Just got my ticket! Section 121 front row, right behind the Minny bench, just like last year.]

" ...Must be in the front row!!!"

tumblr_lxlhzuOhKS1rn41ld_1326220278_cover.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
You don't need to treat, but it would be great to meet you and Mike. I hope to be there. I saw the Lynx in D.C. last summer.

On second thought, do they serve Opus One at the Verizon Center? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer