Bowl game coming to Fenway Park? (Blaudschun? | The Boneyard

Bowl game coming to Fenway Park? (Blaudschun?

Reaction Score
Sigh... Bowl game coming to Fenway Park? - TMG Maven

>>The most logical candidates would be the Atlantic Coast Conference (Boston College is a member team), the Atlantic Athletic Conference (Conference office located in Providence, R.I) and has northeast teams such as Temple, Navy and UConn or the Mid-American Conference (if it can host a bowl game in Detroit, Boston would be an upgrade).

Any bowl game at Fenway would most likely be a second or third tier game for the participating conferences.<<

Reaction Score

>>The most logical candidates would be the Atlantic Coast Conference (Boston College is a member team), the Atlantic Athletic Conference (Conference office located in Providence, R.I) and has northeast teams such as Temple, Navy and UConn or the Mid-American Conference (if it can host a bowl game in Detroit, Boston would be an upgrade).

Any bowl game at Fenway would most likely be a second or third tier game for the participating conferences.<<
good lord.

Reaction Score
Whats wrong with that? Would be good for UConn if they could get to a bowl game close to home.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Whats wrong with that? Would be good for UConn if they could get to a bowl game close to home.
To each their own...I want our Bowl Games in recruiting territories...Florida, Texas, down south anywhere, before Boston, NY, Toronto and Detroit.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
yes-yes-yes. seems like ESPN would terminate one of those other bowls in nowhere locations and move it to fenway. yes, the weather is lousy, but I think the pinstripe bowl is slowly taking off with an identity. why not the same for boston.

and wow, what a miss by Blauds....."Atlantic Athletic Conferece?"

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think these baseball stadium bowl games up north are dumb, but if Yankees can pull it off, Red Sox should be able to do it too.

Reaction Score
This bowl should be for the last place teams in each conference. Nothing like frigid Boston in December!

Reaction Score

Boston would be an upgrade from Detroit?? Heck, the North End of Hartford is an upgrade...

The CVS bowl?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
A game at Ford Field >>>>>>€>>>>€>€>€>>€> a game at Fenway.

Other than you can drive to Fenway wanting to go to a Bowl Game there is insane.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Football games in baseball stadiums are awful experiences. Football games in baseball stadiums, played in late December. in freaking New England? Yeah that sounds triple awful.

There was a Pinstripe Bowl a bunch of my friends got stuck attending a few years ago. Cuse/WVU I think. After nearly freezing to death in Yankee Stadium... they almost crashed their cars a few dozen times in the storm on the way home.

Yeah let me head to most expensive cities in the country to sit in a baseball stadium to watch an exhibition football game. Great idea.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Football games in baseball stadiums are awful experiences. Football games in baseball stadiums, played in late December, in freaking New England? Yeah that sounds triple awful.

Yeah - all that is true, but I still want this to happen. I smell an AAC seat at a bowl here. I smell famously lousy weather games that could be legendary. Snowball bowls and cold rain pneumonia inducing bowls!

Reaction Score
and wow, what a miss by Blauds....."Atlantic Athletic Conferece?"
On top of huskymedic and you highlighting Blauschun's swing and miss on the "Atlantic Athletic Conference" name, the conference HQ's also moving to football-central Dallas. Addionally, it's dubious for him to contend the MAC and its' midwest-dominated schools would view an outdoor game in a crappy Boston baseball stadium over a far more accessible, relatively new, indoor NFL football stadium. Maybe the novelty would work for some MAC and fewer American conference fans, but less likely for ease of travel leading up to or around Christmas time versus locations closer to more of both conferences' schools.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The “Frisco Bowl” is an orphan, just bring it to Fenway.

Reaction Score
Another bowl? Yawn. Even with a local team, it won't draw well as eyes have turned towards basketball and hockey (pro or college) in the Northeast by then and will be directly competing with the end of the NFL regularo season or playoffs.

Reaction Score
Yeah let me head to most expensive cities in the country to sit in a baseball stadium to watch an exhibition football game. Great idea.

Been there, done that and the game “counted” - I’d most likely pass.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
On top of huskymedic and you highlighting Blauschun's swing and miss on the "Atlantic Athletic Conference" name, the conference HQ's also moving to football-central Dallas. Addionally, it's dubious for him to contend the MAC and its' midwest-dominated schools would view an outdoor game in a crappy Boston baseball stadium over a far more accessible, relatively new, indoor NFL football stadium. Maybe the novelty would work for some MAC and fewer American conference fans, but less likely for ease of travel leading up to or around Christmas time versus locations closer to more of both conferences' schools.
There is a tweet out there post recently from an AAC communications director refuting the idea the conf is a lock to move out of RI. I was surprised by the post, maybe he is last to knowz

Reaction Score
A game at Ford Field >>>>>>€>>>>€>€>€>>€> a game at Fenway.

Other than you can drive to Fenway wanting to go to a Bowl Game there is insane.

LOL. Detroit is a dump. Sister cities with Bridgeport.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom