Bouknight's tip dunk | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouknight's tip dunk

Reaction Score
Amazing for a freshman. Does special things. One of the most talented players we have had in a long time. Put me in the Bouk Club.

Reaction Score
The Athletic had a great quote from Bouk about that play:

“I had turned the ball over before...and in my head I was just thinking, film. Film session,” Bouknight said. “He just happened to miss the shot, and I just tried to execute on the opportunity ’cause now (coach Dan Hurley is) going to have to cut that part out just to show the turnover.”

yep, @tcf15's film > Hurley's film

Reaction Score
This dunk was similar to the "Put that on your VCR!" - Toraino Walker dunk .

The ironic thing is that we wouldn't have seen that follow dunk if Bouk had not orginally lost control of the ball. Luckily it rolled to Whaley .
Toraino’s is one of my faves but I seem to remember a Tomahawk where he wasn’t looking at the rim? I give Toraino the win on his but this was great.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
At like 4:43 mark of this video. That tip dunk by Bouknight was ridiculous. He was way out past the three point line on the ground tangled with another player, just as the three was leaving Vital's fingertips James sprung up in an instant and sprinted seemingly knowing exactly where that ball was going to hit and the trajectory it would have off the rim. There are not a lot of players who could ever make that play. His combination of instincts and athleticsm is uncommon, when you pair that with all his offensive skill, wow...

Maybe it's because it's been a long time since I've seen a truly great player play here that makes me so bullish on his future but I watch a ton of non-UConn college basketball and I don't see these things. I try not to get too far ahead of myself but he just has a lot of things with him that can't be taught and the sky is the limit as far as I'm concerned.

Watch "UConn Men's Basketball Highlights v. USF 02/23/2020" on YouTube

SFU's Collins was entangled with Bouk. His look of disbelief once he stands and sees Bouk take off like a rocket for the slam is priceless.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Re-watching that play, it looks like Brendan Adams would have gotten to the rebound as well. Both dudes came running in for the miss and Adams deferred to Bouknight, who delivered the highlight.

Bouknight is such a special player. It's really been a joy to watch all season.

Well sort of. Adams was in position and was tracking the ball like a normal player. He likely would have gotten it, landed and gone back up. But while he was watching it, waiting for it to get to a point he could go get it, James had seen it and went to get it at a point Adams couldn't reach. I don't think Adams had any idea James was even coming in for the ball. He puts his hands up like "whoa, where did he come from".

So much happens in those couple of seconds. He's tangled up but still seeing the court at 4:43. Most players wouldn't be seeing everything. At 4:44 Vital shoots. James sees he has a lane to the rim, hops up. At 4:45 he's in full sprint at the 3 point line and the ball is 3/4 the way to rim. Still at 4:45 he's in the lane and he sees that Vital will miss on the right side. At 4:46 he jumps before Adams even has a chance to launch, catches that ball above the rim and flushes it. That's about 4 things that very few D1 players can do, and it happens in 3 seconds. It's really astonishing and easy to miss just how many out of the ordinary abilities he flashes there.

Reaction Score
Well sort of. Adams was in position and was tracking the ball like a normal player. He likely would have gotten it, landed and gone back up. But while he was watching it, waiting for it to get to a point he could go get it, James had seen it and went to get it at a point Adams couldn't reach. I don't think Adams had any idea James was even coming in for the ball. He puts his hands up like "whoa, where did he come from".

So much happens in those couple of seconds. He's tangled up but still seeing the court at 4:43. Most players wouldn't be seeing everything. At 4:44 Vital shoots. James sees he has a lane to the rim, hops up. At 4:45 he's in full sprint at the 3 point line and the ball is 3/4 the way to rim. Still at 4:45 he's in the lane and he sees that Vital will miss on the right side. At 4:46 he jumps before Adams even has a chance to launch, catches that ball above the rim and flushes it. That's about 4 things that very few D1 players can do, and it happens in 3 seconds. It's really astonishing and easy to miss just how many out of the ordinary abilities he flashes there.

To be fair to Adams, watch this replay...he gets there from farther away than Bouk. I’m sure he saw him and deferred as he could see something special was gonna go down!

Oh and BTW...could USF had done a more horrible job boxing out? Don’t think so...I bet their coach shows them this play until their eyes bleed!

Reaction Score
To be fair to Adams, watch this replay...he gets there from farther away than Bouk. I’m sure he saw him and deferred as he could see something special was gonna go down!

Oh and BTW...could USF had done a more horrible job boxing out? Don’t think so...I bet their coach shows them this play until their eyes bleed!

I would love to be on the court and hear the crowds reaction to a putback like that I don't think it can ever happen though because when I jump my toes still touch the ground.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I would love to be on the court and hear the crowds reaction to a putback like that I don't think it can ever happen though because when I jump my toes still touch the ground.
giphy.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom