Bouknight? | The Boneyard

Bouknight?

Reaction Score
There's 500+ guys who can do what Bouknight can do, and about 490 of them don't have the legal issues James does. Hopefully he gets another chance but at this point it's unlikely

Reaction Score
If his NBA dreams are over for now why not make some $$ overseas while he still can?

Reaction Score
Does he get picked up by an nba team or is he destined to play overseas?

As a UConn fan I want that 2-way for another shot, but I can understand why a team wouldn't think he's worth it. Too much of a legal/personal headache. That only flies if you're a star.

Also, at the end of the day, there's a ton of players who can score out there. But there can't be 10 stars on a team taking a ton of shots, and Bouk never learned to pass at all or be that connecting 3rd or 4th option on the floor.

Reaction Score
He certainly has had his issues but he is still one of ours and I am rooting for him. Not playing in the summer league was not a good sign.

Reaction Score
As a UConn fan I want that 2-way for another shot, but I can understand why a team wouldn't think he's worth it. Too much of a legal/personal headache. That only flies if you're a star.

Also, at the end of the day, there's a ton of players who can score out there. But there can't be 10 stars on a team taking a ton of shots, and Bouk never learned to pass at all or be that connecting 3rd or 4th option on the floor.

I don’t think he qualifies for 2-ways. Need to be 3 years in the league or less

Reaction Score
I know he’s had issues, but would think some team would give him a min contract. Amazing how far he’s fallen from being a lottery pick.

Reaction Score
If he was a better shooter and defender someone would give take a chance on him. He just hadn’t improved in his time in the league.if James really wanted it he would have worked his ass off and also lobbied to play on a summer league team

Reaction Score
I know he’s had issues, but would think some team would give him a min contract. Amazing how far he’s fallen from being a lottery pick.
There’s just so many talented players (and now many are younger than Bouk) and just about all of them aren’t going to cause problems. He wore out his welcome and kept messing up. He was in CT telling people that he was having nba workouts for teams this spring around the playoffs but I think it may have been a lie because that timing didn’t make sense. Also, I don’t think he has a powerful agent. If he did he would probably get that chance.

Reaction Score
James will be 24 in September. He is still young enough to have a good career. It looks like he probably needs to take care of some mental health issues before he can focus on basketball 100%. I'd imagine that is what pro teams are thinking. Hopefully he figures this out.

Reaction Score
So weird he isn’t playing anywhere. Like not even in Europe, Canada, South America. I know he has serious problems but it’s extremely rare for a lottery pick to literally not playing anywhere a few years after being drafted.

Reaction Score
If he was a better shooter and defender someone would give take a chance on him. He just hadn’t improved in his time in the league.if James really wanted it he would have worked his ass off and also lobbied to play on a summer league team
With James, I think he’s got to start with getting his off the court stuff in order first. Then work on his conditioning and skills.

The problem is so much of the perception/reality is already baked in. He’s not going to get an opportunity of a series of second chances like he had in Charlotte.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom