Bouknight | The Boneyard

Bouknight

Reaction Score
Let's not the tough L and poor play by our senior leaders distract from his coming out party. Second game of his career against the #18 team in the country and he drops 19 points on 6/10 shooting, 1/2 from deep, and 6/7 FT. Incredible clutch play to tie us up too. Kid is no joke.

Reaction Score
I may have my man-card revoked for saying this, but I get giddy watching some of the plays he makes. He looks like a complete basketball player. I'm sure there have been other freshman that made me feel that way (Drummond, Gordon, Rip), but the one that comes to mind first is Ray. I'm not saying JB is gonna be as good as Ray, but some of what he has done in his first two games and the way he has done it, reminds me of him.

Reaction Score
I said BEFORE the season started that Vital would have to defer to more talented freshman eventually. And i got crap for it especially from @DaveHuskiesFan. Soon you will see the true light.

Didn’t realize Gilbert was going to be playing this bad though. But my point remains.

I think BOTH our freshman guards are better players than our senior guards. Gaffney better than Gilbert at the 1 and Bouknight is better than Vital at the 2.
This is gonna be tough for Hurley to manage without damaging chemistry but it’s true.

We have weaker Ollie recruited players that eventually need to be phased out. Hurley has got to be a little more brave about benching them. Though I do understand it is still early and we are only on 10 scholarship players so everyone will get a lot of minutes regardless

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He is 1000% our best player. AG and CV need to accept this. If they don’t, their legacy will be the only 4 year players to not play in the tournament since???? If they accept it and let him take the big shots we go 14-4 in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Let's not the tough L and poor play by our senior leaders distract from his coming out party. Second game of his career against the #18 team in the country and he drops 19 points on 6/10 shooting, 1/2 from deep, and 6/7 FT. Incredible clutch play to tie us up too. Kid is no joke.
He's by far our best player since the second he stepped on the court. He's got it all, my guess is he'll be one of the best players in the country next season.

Reaction Score
It would be helpful if Hurley instructed his other players, that when Bouk comes in their job is to get him looks or baseline shots. Can't believe how long he was in the game in the early stages before he took a shot. AG should be sacrificing all his shots to get Bouk involved.

Reaction Score
He oozes talent, his shot is wet as can be, he can drive, dish really special. You can see how much better he is than anyone on the floor in seconds. Once he puts it together and realizes how talented he is he will dominate offensively. Then he will be gone. Enjoy him while we can.

Reaction Score
Can gaf get to the lane in the half court one on one, right now? Honest Q
I think he can. He has the skill set. He just needs to keep building confidence. At this point he’s not going to be worse than AG.
I say we play him over him soon. We have to start turning the page on the Ollie era.

Reaction Score
I think he can. He has the skill set. He just needs to keep building confidence. At this point he’s not going to be worse than AG.
I say we play him over him soon. We have to start turning the page on the Ollie era.
Only IF by SOON, you mean against Miami.

Reaction Score
It would be helpful if Hurley instructed his other players, that when Bouk comes in their job is to get him looks or baseline shots. Can't believe how long he was in the game in the early stages before he took a shot. AG should be sacrificing all his shots to get Bouk involved.
The sad thing is Gilbert can be pretty damn good if he would just try and find people instead of playing like an out of control street baller. He can beat his defender off the dribble at will.

Reaction Score
That's my thing. Yes AG gets killed in the lane but I'm not sure if we have someone who challenges a defense on the dribble.

When he's not in we do the weave and no guards look to drive.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This is gonna be tough for Hurley to manage without damaging chemistry but it’s true.
It's gonna be tough for us fans not be jerks about it too. I want all these guys playing with maximum confidence & healthy pride. I hope the coaches and the fans can have a good season too.

Reaction Score
A star in the making.
His body control while in the air around the basket is unbelievable. He changed his shot angle a handful of times tonight while being contested taking it to the rim.

Reaction Score
It's gonna be tough for us fans not be jerks about it too. I want all these guys playing with maximum confidence & healthy pride. I hope the coaches and the fans can have a good season too.
I don’t know what you mean by this. I live in California and I’m an introvert so I certainly couldn’t be a “jerk” to any of these players in person if I tried.

Nor would I behave that way and I don’t think any other UConn fans would either...

So if you are implying my internet rants about Vital and Gilbert not being good enough to start may harm their egos then that would only further prove my point that we need other guys playing more bc that would make them extremely mentally weak

I don’t think they are though and I don’t get your post

Reaction Score
He's kind of raw on defense and gets caught out of position. But he has the talent to become a good defender.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom