Bouknight | The Boneyard

Bouknight

Reaction Score
From Borges' new piece: UConn's Dan Hurley is feeling good - about his health, and his team

"Then there’s James Bouknight, the 6-4 wing who may be the most talented of them all. [...] On Saturday, Bouknight made some athletic moves that simply haven’t been seen in the Werth Family Champions Center since it opened five years ago. He may not begin the season in the starting lineup, but there’s a good chance he ends it there."

I feel like we've been collectively holding off getting too excited about the kid, tempering expectations. Enough of that, I'm ready to dream

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
From Borges' new piece: UConn's Dan Hurley is feeling good - about his health, and his team

Then there’s James Bouknight, the 6-4 wing who may be the most talented of them all. [...] OnSaturday, Bouknight made some athletic moves that simply haven’t been seen in the Werth Family Champions Center since it opened five years ago. He may not begin the season in the starting lineup, but there’s a good chance he ends it there."

I feel like we've been collectively holding off getting too excited about the kid, tempering expectations. Enough of that, I'm ready to dream
Not me! One of the reasons I pushed hard to convince my wife to go to College of Charleston Tournament.

Wifey has not been happy since we went to Battle of Atlantis. A lot is riding in the Fleudy home with this team.

Reaction Score

"Then there’s James Bouknight, the 6-4 wing who may be the most talented of them all. [...] On Saturday, Bouknight made some athletic moves that simply haven’t been seen in the Werth Family Champions Center since it opened five years ago. He may not begin the season in the starting lineup, but there’s a good chance he ends it there."

I couldn't read the whole article, it shut me down, but if this is Hurley being quoted on James Bouknight, it bodes really well for JB's freshman season. Definitely excited to watch him play this year and see how Hurley utilizes his scoring skills, and how much freedom he gets within the offense.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I couldn't read the whole article, it shut me down, but if this is Hurley being quoted on James Bouknight, it bodes really well for JB's freshman season.

Clearly not a hurley quote lol. That's a borges observation

Reaction Score
Clearly not a hurley quote lol. That's a borges observation
You're probably right, that's funny, I guess I thought Hurley might have been having a really optimistic moment.

Reaction Score
Not me! One of the reasons I pushed hard to convince my wife to go to College of Charleston Tournament.

Wifey has not been happy since we went to Battle of Atlantis. A lot is riding in the Fleudy home with this team.
There will always only be ONE fluedy ever.......and folks he is a BY legend. Lets do this...:)

Reaction Score
I'm really looking forward to seeing Bouknight, Gaffney and Akok this season. I'm starting to get excited about the season without any real expectations other than I know I will be happy, sad, disgusted, thrilled, angry, meh, and probably surprised at various points.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm really looking forward to seeing Bouknight, Gaffney and Akok this season. I'm starting to get excited about the season without any real expectations other than I know I will be happy, sad, disgusted, thrilled, angry, meh, and probably surprised at various points.
Attributes of a real fan as opposed to the casual ones who don’t have their needle moved one way or the other.

C

Chief00

Take it from Chief - he’s a stud.

Reaction Score

Samesies, I'm eagerly awaiting the first games to get a sense of how much I may have to temper my expectations for Charleston. I'm ready to blow the roof off of that place

Reaction Score
My post didn't say that wasn't true? I am well aware

My post didn't say you said that wasn't true lol. I quoted you to elaborate on what you said in general, not really to respond to you.

Reaction Score
Bouknight will become the bail-out bucket guy for the team. Iso him 1v1 on a side and tell him to get his own shot. Besides Vital shooting a 30 footer, no one else can play that role.

Reaction Score
Bouknight will become the bail-out bucket guy for the team. Iso him 1v1 on a side and tell him to get his own shot. Besides Vital shooting a 30 footer, no one else can play that role.
You are assuming no one has improved their game from last year.

Last year Gilbert was clearly the best one on one player on the sqaud. If he is better this season, he would be like a smaller version of Kemba.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score

Last year Gilbert was clearly the best one on one player on the sqaud. If he is better this season, he would be like a smaller version of Kemba.
I don't think we should just go throwing out Kemba comparisons...

Reaction Score

True, I am assuming no progression. Gilbert will get the last shot and have the ball in his hands at the end of the game, no question. His size limits his ability to create his own shot though. Shot clock running down, two or three rotations through and nothing works, give ball to Bouk on wing will be a top option is what I was getting at. If Polley all of a sudden has a face up game or Vital makes a big jump in ball handling, things could be different but Bouk has the offensive package right now.

Reaction Score
Seems like other D-1 teams start freshman all the time, but suggest such a thing here, and you gotta be kidding. Polley's shortcomings are a list we all know by heart, but he still starts at the 4 ahead of Akok. Wilson is still learning that the ball is round, but He or Polley or some returnee to be named later get the nod at the 3 ahead of Bouknight.

Based on everything our eyes tell us, Bouknight is our starting 3 and Akok our starting 4, and not in January but in November, right out of the gates. It is not close. I was around back in the fall of 2001 when we were told that a royal battle for the 5 was being fought between the freshman Okafor and the senior Justin Brown. Such are the battles that will be fought for the 3 and 4 come October.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
AG and Bouk are the only 2 that can create their own shots. Dumping it down to Carlton is another option when we need points, hopefully with his added weight and muscle he can bully his way to more high % looks. I’m not confident in CV hitting as many deep contested shots as he hit last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom