Bouknight should start | The Boneyard

Bouknight should start

Reaction Score
Bouknight is clearly our best offensive player. And should start, agreed.

But the whole anti Gilbert thing is overblown. He’s making the same mistake repeatedly and needs to be coached. He is easily the best ball handler, passer, and penetration guard on the team, and it is not close. He needs to adjust to his role, and let his shot come to him.

Reaction Score

But the whole anti Gilbert thing is overblown. He’s making the same mistake repeatedly and needs to be coached. He is easily the best ball handler, passer, and penetration guard on the team, and it is not close. He needs to adjust to his role, and let his shot come to him.

Exactly right.

Reaction Score

If he’ll do it.

Reaction Score
Without a doubt he has starting skills with two college games under his belt. For myself personally I would like to see him be the 6th man for a little while before we give him the reigns to takeover. I’d like to see him adjust defensively to college ball bc he is so valuable and we don’t need him in foul trouble early on.

Reaction Score

I agree. Bouknight should start in place of CV to give AG a better option. CV would be better off the bench. BA should back up AG. That’s how I see this ending up.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I agree. Bouknight should start in place of CV to give AG a better option. CV would be better off the bench. BA should back up AG. That’s how I see this ending up.
Hurley isn’t going to bench CV, CV is averaging 10 rebounds and almost 4 steals per. He’s been our best player thus far. It is far more likely Hurley goes 3 guard and starts Bouk in place of either Polley or Akok.

Reaction Score
Coaches don’t abandon their seniors Or veterans. We saw it with KO and we’ll see it with Hurley. They give them a lot of rope. Not saying it’s right but thats the way it is.

Matthews, Martin, Garrett, and Dowtin, all as freshmen, took over starting roles from older, more experienced players at URI. They made sure the timing was right- chemistry wasn’t negatively impacted and the team got better. Bouknight starts soon.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Maybe he's our offense off the bench? All of the guys on the starting lineup serve distinct roles that Bouknight can't really replace.
Bouknight should continue playing crunch time, but killing other teams benches in the meantime.

Reaction Score
He's by far our best player but he's not a point guard. We have to give him so much more duties, he's an absolute superstar in the making.
So a 5’10” non point guard who’s shooting 20% from the field is “by far” our best player? We’re in trouble.

Reaction Score
Bring him in off the bench, when our opponents have a lower dose of energy. He may be starting by mid-late season, but if we are not playing poorly then he will energize our bench and demoralize opponents.

He and Brandon may just give us the best bench in the conference especially if Sid and Gaffney pick up their game.

Reaction Score
So a 5’10” non point guard who’s shooting 20% from the field is “by far” our best player? We’re in trouble.
No, Bouknight is by far our best player. Alterique has been awful.

I can't believe there are people who watch Bouknight and think he shouldn't start, of course he should. He should touch the ball every time down the court.

Reaction Score
No, Bouknight is by far our best player. Alterique has been awful.

I can't believe there are people who watch Bouknight and think he shouldn't start, of course he should. He should touch the ball every time down the court.
He’s played two games, lol. Let’s let this play out organically. Hurley has a great understanding of basketball, not sure benching Gilbert after 5 games is the way to go about it.

The reality is for us to do big things this year Gilbert is going to have to be a major piece & most likely the starting point guard considering the only other true point guard on the roster is Gaffney.

Let it play out, the next 5-7 games should give us a better idea about of what we have for this year & where all the pieces fit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom