Bouknight Recovery Augurs Well for Diarra | The Boneyard

Bouknight Recovery Augurs Well for Diarra

Reaction Score
Regarding Bouknight's meniscus tear, I note that although he sustained the injury in mid-January, he did not undergo surgery until February 26. Five months later, on July 23, he was pouring in 33 points at the Summer Jam Fest, seemingly in top form.

This seems to augur well for Diarra's return by mid-December. He underwent surgery on July 16. I persist in believing that Diarra, in good health, is the starting 4 on this team.

Reaction Score
au·gur
ˈôɡər/
verb
  1. 1.
    (of an event or circumstance) portend a good or bad outcome.
    "the end of the Cold War seemed to augur well"
    synonyms: bode, portend, herald, be a sign of, warn of, forewarn of, foreshadow, be an omen of, presage, indicate, signify, signal, promise, threaten, spell, denote; More

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Was it the same type of injury? I thought Diarra had a more severe tear than most.

Reaction Score
I don't see Diarra as a starter. I'm not sure if he has one attribute that stands out over the other bigs except maybe hustle. Carlton and Cobb are more skilled. Whaley is bigger and just as good at blocking shots and finishing. The new guy is apparently a better shot blocker. Williams is more athletic. It would be nice if one of these guys could make a jump shot.

Reaction Score
I would just count out Diarra for this season. He already has a history of knee problems, and serious Meniscus tears are no joke. If he is able to play later in the year in spot minutes, great. But honestly, lets think long term for the kids future.

Reaction Score
au·gur
ˈôɡər/
verb
  1. 1.
    (of an event or circumstance) portend a good or bad outcome.
    "the end of the Cold War seemed to augur well"
    synonyms: bode, portend, herald, be a sign of, warn of, forewarn of, foreshadow, be an omen of, presage, indicate, signify, signal, promise, threaten, spell, denote; More

Yeah he used it in the title and then the body as well. I have divined that 'augur' must have been the word of the day. The double usage is a portent for sure. It would not be difficult to presage the following days' terms based on his posts.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't see Diarra as a starter. I'm not sure if he has one attribute that stands out over the other bigs except maybe hustle. Carlton and Cobb are more skilled. Whaley is bigger and just as good at blocking shots and finishing. The new guy is apparently a better shot blocker. Williams is more athletic. It would be nice if one of these guys could make a jump shot.
Maybe, but I see him as a contributor. He plays with a ton of heart. He's an easy kid to like.

Reaction Score
Yeah he used it in the title and then the body as well. I have divined that 'augur' must have been the word of the day. The double usage is a portent for sure. It would not be difficult to presage the following days' terms based on his posts.

If only I was boneyardin in high school i may have done better on my SATs!

Reaction Score
Cobb the guy who is trying to be a guard? I don't think he is higher in the pecking order if both are healthy. Whaley does nothing better than Diarra except has a couple inches. Diarra was definitely a contributor on both sides of the ball finishing offensively and blocking when healthy. His problem was being overzealous on defense and committing dumb fouls. He barely got any pine time last year due to this issue and KO not having faith in him playing through this issue. He definitely could shoot better than Whaley as he showed on a few occasions last year on his 10 footer on the baseline. I don't have much faith in Diarra though as his knee injuries seem like it will be a recurring issue. Though if he comes back healthy he is definitely starting next to Carlton up front.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Carlton is more skilled scoring perhaps. Cobb in handling the ball. Whaley may be taller but certainly isn't "bigger". Diarra is the best rebounder we have, handles the ball better than anybody but Cobb, holds his ground on D better than probably anybody but Yawke and reportedly has a better jump shot than we've seen in his limited minutes. He was a more highly regarded HS recruit than any of those other guys and has a great energy level. I think he's being undersold because KO hasn't played him and he has been hurt.

Reaction Score
Carlton is more skilled scoring perhaps. Cobb in handling the ball. Whaley may be taller but certainly isn't "bigger". Diarra is the best rebounder we have, handles the ball better than anybody but Cobb, holds his ground on D better than probably anybody but Yawke and reportedly has a better jump shot than we've seen in his limited minutes. He was a more highly regarded HS recruit than any of those other guys and has a great energy level. I think he's being undersold because KO hasn't played him and he has been hurt.
And committing stupid fast fouls last year when he did get in there.

Reaction Score
Thought for sure that was a typo. Thanks for the word of the day!

Reaction Score
I like Diarra - he showed decent improvement as year went on and gives us a good size body and tough approach down low. To me, the only big from last year that made strides the last few weeks of season. Too bad about the injury.

Reaction Score
Excited is a hell of a stretch for the SAT no? haha

I do appreciate the alliteration though
In high school we had “SAT word(s) of the day” and those were all on the same day because they are synonymous

Became a kind of running joke

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom