Bouknight Preseason Debut | The Boneyard

Bouknight Preseason Debut

Reaction Score
Charlotte @ Oklahoma City in 20 minutes. The preseason is still a place where coaches are gonna test out a lot of different lineups, but James should get plenty of run. Can't wait to see him out there!

Reaction Score
Bouk off to a great start. Couple assists, and just had a great steal into an impressive and-one for his first basket.

Reaction Score
hit a couple floaters after a turning it over a few times. seems like they have been playing him as a point guard, as they were in summer league.

Reaction Score

Highlights from the game, including a few Bouknight plays as one might expect. Bouk led all scorers with 20 (@elmcityboy tried to short change 'em a basket). Was kind of surprised to see how much he played at PG. Curious if that will continue in the regular season, seems like it could be a real challenge.

Reaction Score
bUt I tHoUgHt hE wAsN't rEaDy ?

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
bUt I tHoUgHt hE wAsN't rEaDy ?

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA
He looks good but needs to do a better job of finding the open man, help is coming over and he doesn’t know where it came from. Tunnel vision is pretty big flaw for a pro guard. Tough shots in college are impossible shots in the pros, need to make the extra pass.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score

His full game highlights

Effortless scoring ability & the spacing is allowing for his offensive game to flourish even more. Any "tunnel" vision concerns will be alleviated as he continues to practice with pros & gain experience as a combo guard in the league.

I don't buy in the least that he can't pass the ball, but I don't think point is his long-term position. I believe the Hornets staff see's how dynamic he can be & want to get him on the floor to spell as many positions as possible off the bench to start. I hope his defense continues to improve as well - he could be a monster 2-way player if that end develops. Excited for him!

Reaction Score
A few years back the Twolves played Zach LaVine at back up point guard. He sucked at it but it was awesome for his development. It appears the hornets want Bouk to handle the ball more for the same reasons...however, the difference is the Hornets have real playoff aspirations and have a natural point guard on the team...so in real games I believe that bouk will just get spot minutes in this role...but anything helps.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I really like this Hornets team Bouk is on. They go legitimately 11 deep. Ball, Washington, Rozier, Bridges, Ish, Martin, Hayward, Oubre. These guys are competitors who have have been playing together all summer. Reminds me of the Celtics a few years back. I can see this team making a run. Jordan may have his best team yet.

Reaction Score
I know it’s nothing new, but it continues to impress me how effortlessly James can score the ball. I feel like every time he plays it feels like he’s have a quiet night and then all of a sudden you look down and he has an efficient 20 points. He is just an unreal bucket getter. As Terry said his game will translate well to NBA play.

Reaction Score
I don't buy in the least that he can't pass the ball, but I don't think point is his long-term position. I believe the Hornets staff see's how dynamic he can be & want to get him on the floor to spell as many positions as possible off the bench to start. I hope his defense continues to improve as well - he could be a monster 2-way player if that end develops. Excited for him!
I think this is right and a very good move by the Hornets. Playing point will help Bouk to know where everyone is one the court. It force feeds him.

We all know who will man the point for the Hornets and it ain't James.

Reaction Score
I know it’s nothing new, but it continues to impress me how effortlessly James can score the ball. I feel like every time he plays it feels like he’s have a quiet night and then all of a sudden you look down and he has an efficient 20 points. He is just an unreal bucket getter. As Terry said his game will translate well to NBA play.
Another rookie who can just flat out score is Cam Thomas. Unfortunately he on a team where he might not get much of a shot

Reaction Score
I don't buy in the least that he can't pass the ball, but I don't think point is his long-term position
who ever said PG was his long term position? even if they hadnt drafted lamelo he would not be playing PG

Reaction Score
I am in a fantasy NBA league, head to head, auction draft, where we are required to play a rookie. It is a great innovation and makes the draft much more interesting.

I'm looking at possibly drafting Bouknight as my rookie. Anyone want to hazard a guess on minutes/points/3's per game? I can spend a lot more to pick up Cunningham, Green, Stubbs, but think Bouk may be a value pick.

Reaction Score
Another rookie who can just flat out score is Cam Thomas. Unfortunately he on a team where he might not get much of a shot
To think we could have had both on the same team if we simply ponied up many hundreds of thousands of dollars

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
who ever said PG was his long term position? even if they hadnt drafted lamelo he would not be playing PG
They’re playing him more at point right now than the two. I agree that it’s not his long term position, but Charlotte seems to want him there for some of his minutes. Who knows - long as he gets a lot of minutes, it’s fine by me.

Reaction Score
I'm looking at possibly drafting Bouknight as my rookie. Anyone want to hazard a guess on minutes/points/3's per game? I can spend a lot more to pick up Cunningham, Green, Stubbs, but think Bouk may be a value pick.
i've been prepping for my draft too. his espn projections are:

.435 fg%.809 ft%1.4 3pm2.3 rebs2.1 asts0.9 stls0.3 blks9.7 pts

that actually seems really accurate to me if he's getting mins at PG. would make for a great rookie year but i'm most skeptical about his fg%

Reaction Score
I am in a fantasy NBA league, head to head, auction draft, where we are required to play a rookie. It is a great innovation and makes the draft much more interesting.

I'd go for Green. Hornets want to make the playoffs and I'm a little worried about how infrequently he played with the main rotation. He only played 5 minutes of the first 31 minutes of the game. That should go up, but Green is guaranteed to get minutes and shots.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom