Bouknight Preseason Debut | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Preseason Debut

Reaction Score
Very obvious in this thread that people don’t actually follow the Hornets. Player development under Borrego is an emphasis unlike the previous coaching staff(s) with Cliff that was much more veteran oriented. Every needs to chill, it was one game lol. I know coaches who know that Hornets staff well, everything I’ve heard is that they are really impressed with Bouk. He’s a rookie and it’s the first game, chill. He’s going to get to run… And of late, they’ve developed players well. Rozier, Ball, Bridges, Graham etc. A place where players go to die isn’t the Hornets anymore.
Thank you for at least trying to justify things. Rozier was out and Bouk still doesn't get to play is a massive red flag no matter what. He led all rookies in PPG over preseason. Cody Martin, who has career averages of 4.5 ppg, plays 24 minutes. Who cares if Bouk is a rookie. He is better than Cody Martin. He should play over Cody Martin. Plain and simple. Borrego is a bad coach for not playing his best available players.

If Rozier was healthy and Bouk got the DNP and Rozier got those 24 minutes, I could at least attempt to live with that. But no competent organization plays Cody Martin over a lottery pick who has done nothing but torch opposing defenses since he's been on the team.

Reaction Score
Not reading too much into this unless we get 3 or 4 games in with no PT. Very well could be an off-court discipline thing again, a sore elbow they don't want to mention... anything.
He wasn't listed on any injury report, so it's not the elbow. It's against the rules to hide injuries. The fact they don't want to mention anything just proves the point they are an incompetent organization.

If it's off-court discipline someone in the media would have reported something. Not one reporter even asked Borrego about the DNP, what is going on down there?

Reaction Score
Thank you for at least trying to justify things. Rozier was out and Bouk still doesn't get to play is a massive red flag no matter what. He led all rookies in PPG over preseason. Cody Martin, who has career averages of 4.5 ppg, plays 24 minutes. Who cares if Bouk is a rookie. He is better than Cody Martin. He should play over Cody Martin. Plain and simple. Borrego is a bad coach for not playing his best available players.

If Rozier was healthy and Bouk got the DNP and Rozier got those 24 minutes, I could at least attempt to live with that. But no competent organization plays Cody Martin over a lottery pick who has done nothing but torch opposing defenses since he's been on the team.
While I agree that Bouk should have played in some capacity, they were down by double digits most of the game and Cody Martin was in there as a better defender than Bouk just from a pure experience stand point.

Bouk should have seen the floor late in the game though when Hornets had it in hand.

They are kind of a fun team to watch.

Reaction Score
While I agree that Bouk should have played in some capacity, they were down by double digits most of the game and Cody Martin was in there as a better defender than Bouk just from a pure experience stand point.

Bouk should have seen the floor late in the game though when Hornets had it in hand.

They are kind of a fun team to watch.
Agreed, but they never really had it in hand.

Reaction Score

Sometimes there’s more involved to playing time than points per game. There may be things that the casual fan doesn’t necessarily have a right to know. That wouldn’t be fair to the player or coach. Let the process work. Long term this is not necessarily a bad thing for James.

Reaction Score
Sometimes there’s more involved to playing time than points per game. There may be things that the casual fan doesn’t necessarily have a right to know. That wouldn’t be fair to the player or coach. Let the process work. Long term this is not necessarily a bad thing for James.
Agreed, well put chief. @ThabeetDown don’t lose sleep over this one. Plenty of other topics to have hot takes on.

Reaction Score
Another game, Bouk with one (1) garbage time minute. Maybe we’ll see him play consistent minutes by March. Hope they have comfy benches in Charlotte.

Reaction Score
Patience is a virtue. In the meantime, he can enjoy being a rookie in the NBA...and his new wealth.

As a Celtics fan, I noticed Nesmith isn't getting playing time either. He showed promise last season and in the preseason.

Reaction Score
Patience is a virtue. In the meantime, he can enjoy being a rookie in the NBA...and his new wealth.

As a Celtics fan, I noticed Nesmith isn't getting playing time either. He showed promise last season and in the preseason.
Nesmith has Jaylen Brown, Jason Tatum and Marcus Smart blocking him. Bouknight has Ish Smith and Cody Martin taking his minutes. Quite the difference.

Reaction Score
The issue is JB doesn’t like to play young guys unless absolutely forced….LB was the 3rd pick in the draft and came off of the bench. He wasn’t put into the starting line up until the media/injuries became an issue. Bouk is fine and in good health. He’s more than ready to go when his number gets called. I swear most times it feels like you guys are rooting against one of your own.

Reaction Score
The issue is JB doesn’t like to play young guys unless absolutely forced….LB was the 3rd pick in the draft and came off of the bench. He wasn’t put into the starting line up until the media/injuries became an issue. Bouk is fine and in good health. He’s more than ready to go when his number gets called. I swear most times it feels like you guys are rooting against one of your own.

Or, you’re giving more attention and credibility to the loud, wrong, and repetitive than they deserve.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom