Bouknight poster up in Werth yet? | The Boneyard

Bouknight poster up in Werth yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Haven’t hung a new lotto poster since werth opened. Haven’t seen his yet, anyone know if it’s up?

Reaction Score
I from the school where you should actually have to win something to get a banner at Gampel or the Werth. Bouk seems like he was a good kid, and he certainly was a very good player. However, the bottom line is he (UConn) didn't win anything during his years at UConn.

Therefore: "No Banner for You"

Reaction Score
I from the school where you should actually have to win something to get a banner at Gampel or the Werth. Bouk seems like he was a good kid, and he certainly was a very good player. However, the bottom line is he (UConn) didn't win anything during his years at UConn.

Every lottery pick we've had is on the wall. This isn't that hard to get.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

[insert Abe Simpson cloud yelling image]

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I heard that Enzo Patoni, Jr. has been commissioned to do mosaic of Bouk on the Gampel ceiling.
I hope not. While the kid is okay, he's not his dad. It would be a shame to alter the maestro's "Temple of Basketball" which is, perhaps, his finest work.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

It’s in the practice facility and not the public arena. It’s a recruiting tool to show kids that we have and continue to send players to the league. The more player banners we hang there, the more likely we will be hanging banners championships from the rafters in Gampel for everyone to see.

Reaction Score

This might be one of the silliest things I’ve seen posted on this site. If you’re a lottery pick you get a banner. Recruits want to be lottery picks. Showing them on visits that we have a lot of lottery picks is good.

Reaction Score

Wrong.

NFL lottery picks are more meaningful to high school recruits than national championships. Bouk will get his banner in the Werth for all the recruits to see.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score

1631833321103.png

Reaction Score
Maybe UConn is waiting for Bouk to play his first official NBA game before they break out the banner??

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If they want to applaud draft position - fine
If they want to applaud contribution - no way -CV deserves one before Bouk and it isn't even close

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
If they want to applaud draft position - fine
If they want to applaud contribution - no way -CV deserves one before Bouk and it isn't even close
The rules were set when they opened Werth. Lotto picks go up in the gym, it’s more of a recruiting tool than anything else. Can’t change the rules now.

Reaction Score
So you think every lottery pick we've ever had should be on the wall except Bouk.

Sure, you CAN have an opinion. But some opinions are shockingly stupid and need to be treated as such.
And I thought in this liberal society we are supposed to be tolerant of those with different views. sounds familiar.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score

1631880845019.png

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
And I thought in this liberal society we are supposed to be tolerant of those with different views. sounds familiar.
Smokey the Bear also wisely said, “only you can prevent forest fires”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger