Bouknight charged with evading responsibility, interfering with police and more | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Bouknight charged with evading responsibility, interfering with police and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Race card?

Yes, the different treatment of people of color was interjected and I doubt that strangers on an internet discussion board can have a reasonable discussion about it. I’m not seeing what good can come of it here. But whatever, flame on!

Reaction Score
I mean, if you don't think a black kid would have reason to distrust the police in general, idk what to tell you
Got nothing to do with my post. Your response is exhibit A of why I felt things would go down hill.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Some of these remarks are making my cerebrospinal fluid leak thread look like the work of Einstein. Let's just all calm down, wait for word to develop, and stop going for each others' throats.

Reaction Score
Again, this is all wrong. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you people?
This is ll in the public record. Your argument isn't with me, it's with the Courant.

Reaction Score
This is ll in the public record. Your argument isn't with me, it's with the Courant.

Seriously, what's wrong with you?
A technicality. He took a car without asking permission. Took the keys and the car and left. The victim first said he didn't have permission. Later she said that she didn't remember. Lucky JB.

Truth is we will never know if he stole the car but judging by the subsequent behavior, he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. Bad move.

Reaction Score
He's going to suffer both legal consequences and university/basketball consequences from these series of events as he should. With that said, it seems that's not enough for some fans. Some people seem a little overly enthused to make this the crime of the century, almost as if they want him to be guilty of all the worst possibilities of what may have happened. What he did wasn't good, but it has not been a pattern of behavior for him and our own coach seems to think he's a good kid who messed up. Dan Hurley knows James better than all the chuckleheads on this board combined. As fan of the program we should be supporting our players through the highs and lows. It doesn't mean we have to condone what he did. Maybe we could hope for the best for all parties involved. AJ price did something pretty stupid and then went on to represent the university pretty well.

Reaction Score
Mom and Dad I was out drinking and invited 20 people who I did not know well back to my apartment and one of them stole my car? Hmmm, I doubt I'd like that narrative all that much better, but maybe that's just me.

Wouldn’t the story be - mom and dad, I don’t know how he got your car. I certainly did not lend it to him. He stole it. Insurance should cover the damage.

When you are 18 and a cop is grilling you the next morning while you are nursing a hangover, you are not really in the position to be a master criminal.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wouldn’t the story be - mom and dad, I don’t know how he got your car. I certainly did not lend it to him. He stole it. Insurance should cover the damage.
"OMG are you all right honey?"
"Yeah I'm find Dad."
"Do you need me to come up?"
"No, it's fine."
"How did it happen?
"Uh,...."

Reaction Score
I am about 2/3 of the way through reading the responses today. I have decided that this thread is an excellent way to determine which boneyarders think that the movie the Skulls is based upon a true story.

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Let’s all just relax.
Take a big collective breath.
Wooooo-saaa and whatnot.

Reaction Score
I'm not a child to be taken in by foolish deceptions. I'm not a defense lawyer bound to distort the truth in the interest of my client. I'm not a judge bound to apply the necessary presumptions of the court.
It also seems you are not a Uconn fan so what are you doing here? Everything you post here is to s*** on the program.

Reaction Score
Wow, I tried a few joking posts, this is out of hand. Lot's of self righteous posters in here. Just wondering how they would handle it if it was their child...."Throw the book at em".....I don't think so.

I up way more than this when I was in college. Baby ears posters couldn’t handle it otherwise I would be getting into specifics. I was never kicked out of school. Never made a public example. I wasn’t a D1 athlete.

When my kids are in college, they will likely f’up in this way also. I hope they also will not be kicked out of school. Life lessons are a blessing, be glad that JB is learning a lesson without someone in the hospital or morgue.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Anyone adding him “stealing a car” or “being drunk” into what his punishment should be is way off base here. He wasn’t even charged with those things and yet the boneyard is dang near convicting him of it. He’s charged with evading police. That’s the only thing he’s is and should be judged on in this thread

I get the no proof thing. But you really think he wasn't drunk? He just drove into a sign and ran from the scene sober?
The same p people that complain when people think James was drunk seem to be very certain about the truth of the young woman.
It is self-serving hypocrisy to defend him and accuse her.
Always amazed how little ability there is for objective thinking.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Mom and Dad I was out drinking and invited 20 people who I did not know well back to my apartment and one of them stole my car? Hmmm, I doubt I'd like that narrative all that much better, but maybe that's just me.

CL82: Surprised to see you among those defending JB

from assumptions but making them about her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom