Bouknight and Akok should be playing most minutes | The Boneyard

Bouknight and Akok should be playing most minutes

Reaction Score
Bouk and Akok are NBA players. Gaffney is scared can develop but RJ Cole or another recruit will take his spot. I see him miss wide open Layups his dribble isnt That Good. I respect chief. But I believe Bouknight and AKok are legit but gaffney isn’t . We all could dribble basketball if athletic if you believe in him I trust I want UConn to win. but I could play same as him dribble would make wide open layups and be ass. New Uconn won’t want PG not rated except #98 on ESPN trash kid is scared and doesn’t have talent even though Jalen Adams started same way

Reaction Score
Talk real Akok and Bouk are legit. Gaffney I respect but he’s not starting PG of championship team

Reaction Score
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
I appreciate your perspective and actually like it bc you are true to Uconn and I respect that. I hope gaffney takes it up every year

Reaction Score
I don’t see it could be wrong and will admit when wrong. We all love UConn basketball Hurley can evaluate talent so sophomore junior years will decide

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
There are galaxy brain takes and then there’s this. Bravo.

Reaction Score
Uconn fans are awesome wether you like or not what I say is what made Uconn. I’ll leave the boneyard won’t post again. I believe in Hurley and all of us coming together again don’t let losing seasons divide us. Adams was ranked 150 and I hope he does same with Gaffney .I love passion of fan base and respect you all. I’m sorry that I thought Gaffney might not be answer but believe bouk and akok will get us farther then we could of imagined. If Rj Cole can score set up offense we will be back. Uconn is my professional team so I’m harder on them and trying to bring one back to CT . I won’t tell you my age but was in between what you guessed. I remember going to whalers game with father and Uconn games. Chief he’s legit somebody you may disagree with at times but he cares more then anything for this program. He’s reason I tried to be part of Uconn family. Chief is intelligent and I’d put up money to go into business with him. Wish boneyard the best and am going to root as hard as you don’t put others down bad look for husky nation which has best fans

Reaction Score
He's been on the court about 20 minutes and already ....never-mind, I think we're being punked.

Reaction Score
I want Gaffney to make leap from freshman to sophomore like Adams. He controls ball and few turnovers I like. But it factor don’t believe he has. I could be 100% wrong and will admit it if wrong. We have 2 freshman game altering players in Akok and Bouk. Rj is going to be redshirt junior that’s all I’m saying. Gaffney might be Napier by senior year. I just don’t understand did nice up and under had wide open layup and bricked it. Nerves whatever I just want him to improve. I’m saying Bouk and akok can lead us top 25 AP again but we need PG that can drive and dish easy layup to a big. I love UConn as much as anyone. Wanted to know your options I’m optimistic about team going forward that’s all

Reaction Score
I want Gaffney to make leap from freshman to sophomore like Adams. He controls ball and few turnovers I like. But it factor don’t believe he has. I could be 100% wrong and will admit it if wrong. We have 2 freshman game altering players in Akok and Bouk. Rj is going to be redshirt junior that’s all I’m saying. Gaffney might be Napier by senior year. I just don’t understand did nice up and under had wide open layup and bricked it. Nerves whatever I just want him to improve. I’m saying Bouk and akok can lead us top 25 AP again but we need PG that can drive and dish easy layup to a big. I love UConn as much as anyone. Wanted to know your options I’m optimistic about team going forward that’s all

Gaffney just started his college career. He will be a fine player, he may be the next Bazz for all we know.
Akok and Bouk are rare, not fair to use them as a measure point of where Gaff should be. He’s coming along as he should

Hoops91

The Truth Factory
Reaction Score
The simple answer is start Boukright over Polley - doesn’t have to happen now but should happen in the near future

Reaction Score
I love Bouk, but it’s not his time yet. I’m definitely not saying it won’t be soon but not yet. DH hasn’t even ran any set plays yet for Bouk so what we’ve seen so far is his straight up talent and skill. He’ll prob use the OOC games to get analyze his team and get them ready for conf play.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
I don’t see it could be wrong and will admit when wrong. We all love UConn basketball Hurley can evaluate talent so sophomore junior years will decide

Hurley can evaluate talent, but not enough that he should decide where the minutes go? Right.

Reaction Score
Hurley can evaluate talent, but not enough that he should decide where the minutes go? Right.
I’m not saying that I think Hurley is best thing that happened to us. I believe he is setting up our future and Gaffney minutes now make us better for future. Wasn’t fair for me to compare him to Bouk or Akok like previous poster said. He’s young and shouldn’t of compared him to Napier’s etc freshman year bc had better teams around them

Reaction Score
Akok not playing late against Xavier I understand with knee issues not worth risking freshman . Hurley and Young have done great job. I asked questions bc your opinions are knowledgeable and wanted another perspective so thanks. Hurley knows RJ Cole well so confident. I wouldn’t be shocked if Gilbert came back and started Bouk at 3 he gets boards and his shot selection can’t be better

Reaction Score
Gaffney is coming along nicely but Bouknight is a better PG than him right now and it isn't even his position. Then again, Bouknight is the second coming of Ray Allen so there's that.

Reaction Score
I believe in Jaylen Gafney. I'm the one who predicted Adams and Whaley. He just has to play with in the system which he is doing. I think Gafney and Bouknight are a Naty pair. That's what they came here for per their recruitment days.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bouk and Akok are NBA players. Gaffney is scared can develop but RJ Cole or another recruit will take his spot. I see him miss wide open Layups his dribble isnt That Good. I respect chief. But I believe Bouknight and AKok are legit but gaffney isn’t # 2. We all could dribble basketball if athletic if you believe in him I trust I want UConn to win. but I could play same as him dribble would make wide open layups and be ass. New Uconn won’t want PG not rated except #98 on ESPN trash kid is scared and doesn’t have talent even though Jalen Adams started same way
"I could play same as him dribble would make wide open layups and be ass"

This could well be one of my favorite quotes from the BY.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Bouk and Akok are NBA players. Gaffney is scared can develop but RJ Cole or another recruit will take his spot. I see him miss wide open Layups his dribble isnt That Good. I respect chief. But I believe Bouknight and AKok are legit but gaffney isn’t # 2. We all could dribble basketball if athletic if you believe in him I trust I want UConn to win. but I could play same as him dribble would make wide open layups and be ass. New Uconn won’t want PG not rated except #98 on ESPN trash kid is scared and doesn’t have talent even though Jalen Adams started same way
Gaffney is a far better point guard than you are a poster.

Reaction Score

I have to read your writing like I do my students--what you're saying in barely comprehensible. Unfortunately, I was able to decipher your meaning.

Gaffney averaged 25/6/6 at one of the best high schools in the country. The potential is there. Yeah, he needs to work on confidence, ball control with his left hand, and toughness. For a young kid injured most of the preseason that is hardly worthy of calling him "trash." Go back to your cave, troll.

Reaction Score
I like Gaffney. hes a bit behind Akok and Bouk but thats ok because I see him coming along. Id be surprised if he isnt starting in two years. I think RJ Cole will start next season and Gaff will be a nice back up off the bench. I think its ridiculous to be harsh on the kid as hes only a handful of games into his freshmen season. There have been plenty of freshmen who didnt light It up in their first handful of games who went on to be great Uconn players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom