Bouk Officially Back | The Boneyard

Bouk Officially Back

Reaction Score
Times this during the bulls documentary. Needs a new PR firm

Reaction Score
He better be watching MJ doc. Respect your forefathers.

Reaction Score
Being a guard potential ain't enough, he's got to get to the domination level before he's ready. With Vital and to a lesser extent AG gone, it just got easier. He's now the go-to player, so we will see if he will be ready at end of season. Personally I'd like him to stay for 3 years, because by his junior year he could be a 1st team AA.

Reaction Score
This narrative that the school is pushing is getting to be annoying. Everyone knew he was coming back weeks or even months ago. By constantly saying he’s coming back they’re basically conditioning him to think that “okay everyone thinks I’m good enough, this is my last year.” Idk maybe I’m overthinking it, but seems like too many people have formed the narrative for him that this is his final year here before going pro, before even playing out the year and seeing how things go.

Reaction Score
When was it ever rumored that he would do otherwise? Maybe I should issue a press release and notify my boss that I plan to come back to work on Monday.

I also remember when Ray Allen and Rip Hamilton came back for their junior year after dominating as sophomores. We've got to get back to not only getting guys to be high draft picks in the NBA, but also staying here long enough to win big and build continuity in the program.

Reaction Score
This narrative that the school is pushing is getting to be annoying. Everyone knew he was coming back weeks or even months ago. By constantly saying he’s coming back they’re basically conditioning him to think that “okay everyone thinks I’m good enough, this is my last year.” Idk maybe I’m overthinking it, but seems like too many people have formed the narrative for him that this is his final year here before going pro, before even playing out the year and seeing how things go.
You are, yesterday was the deadline to enter your name in the NBA Draft. And despite what some here want to believe getting players to the NBA quickly is a good thing

Reaction Score
You are, yesterday was the deadline to enter your name in the NBA Draft. And despite what some here want to believe getting players to the NBA quickly is a good thing
I just think multiple social media/public posts about his return is overkill because it was already a known fact he was returning.

C

Chief00

Being a guard potential ain't enough, he's got to get to the domination level before he's ready. With Vital and to a lesser extent AG gone, it just got easier. He's now the go-to player, so we will see if he will be ready at end of season. Personally I'd like him to stay for 3 years, because by his junior year he could be a 1st team AA.
Currently, I too think it would be best to do the 3 years, especially with COVID-19 shadow already on preparation for the upcoming season. Unlike, some casual fans, Chief always tries to take the position of what’s in the player’s best interest. I think if Bouknight stays 3 years - he could be in the top half of the lottery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Currently, I too think it would be best to do the 3 years, especially with COVID-19 shadow already on preparation for the upcoming season. Unlike, some casual fans, Chief always tries to take the position of what’s in the players best interest. I think if Bouknight stays 3 years - he could be in the top half of the lottery.
Would also allow him to strengthen his body and mature more physically.. Great news for UConn..Smart move by Bouk..

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Some think it may be easier for him with CV and AG not on the floor - to me, that remains to be seen.
The kid has ultra offensive skills, no doubt about it, however, I hope he has the onions to be the "go to guy" on a regular basis. CV was his shield this past season, this coming season he can't have that shield - he needs to be numero uno.
I have nor reason to think he doesn't have the physical ability, it's the mental things that sometimes get in the way.
I can't wait to see how he will handle it

Reaction Score
After watching that MJ show about him at UNC and the development, I get excited to see the next leap Bouk takes. He is no MJ but he has a very high ceiling when it comes to scoring the basketball.

Reaction Score
Some think it may be easier for him with CV and AG not on the floor - to me, that remains to be seen.
The kid has ultra offensive skills, no doubt about it, however, I hope he has the onions to be the "go to guy" on a regular basis. CV was his shield this past season, this coming season he can't have that shield - he needs to be numero uno.
I have nor reason to think he doesn't have the physical ability, it's the mental things that sometimes get in the way.
I can't wait to see how he will handle it
I'm sure the NBA scouts would like him to move his feet a little more on defense..If you know what I mean.. He's going to have to share the ball with AJ/RJ once in awhile on the fast break.... Showtime Huskies!!

Reaction Score
Definitely see your point. I think what works in our favor despite this is the relationship Hurley develops with his players. While social media has all but written off a junior season for Bouk, an end of year meeting with Hurley will happen prior to that decision and if he isn't ready Hurley will let him know the truth of the matter. He doesn't seem like the kind of coach to hold players back for selfish reasons.

Despite all this, I do think he'll be gone after this year because I think he'll play himself into being a 1st round pick which is a fantastic thing for UConn to get the NBA pipeline back up and running.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Definitely see your point. I think what works in our favor despite this is the relationship Hurley develops with his players. While social media has all but written off a junior season for Bouk, an end of year meeting with Hurley will happen prior to that decision and if he isn't ready Hurley will let him know the truth of the matter. He doesn't seem like the kind of coach to hold players back for selfish reasons.

Despite all this, I do think he'll be gone after this year because I think he'll play himself into being a 1st round pick which is a fantastic thing for UConn to get the NBA pipeline back up and running.
I really don’t get that players leaving early to the NBA does anything great for a program. Especially if the program does nothing great while they are here. The last thing I want is for UConn to be anything like Kentucky. Some exciting players with some exciting games thrown in, but gone before it means anything to really move a program forward

I know that’s how it is today. It wouldn’t hurt to have a rule something like baseball that lets high schoolers get drafted and if not signed, require at least 2 years in college before next NBA draft eligibility.

Reaction Score
I really don’t get that players leaving early to the NBA does anything great for a program. Especially if the program does nothing great while they are here. The last thing I want is for UConn to be anything like Kentucky. Some exciting players with some exciting games thrown in, but gone before it means anything to really move a program forward

I know that’s how it is today. It wouldn’t hurt to have a rule something like baseball that lets high schoolers get drafted and if not signed, require at least 2 years in college before next NBA draft eligibility.
The ultimate goal for a basketball player is to make the NBA. A 4/5 star recruit wants to go somewhere that will put them in the best position to succeed and achieve that goal. We've had 1 first round draft pick since Calhoun left.

The more NBA players that played college ball at UConn, the better off our men's basketball program will be in a variety of ways but most importantly on the recruiting trail.

Reaction Score
Usually I’d agree but we haven’t had a first round draft pick in a while. High school kids aren’t exactly thinking of us when they think of big time programs that are pumping guys into the NBA. Sharing a tweet like that lets people see that we at least have an NBA-caliber guy that could’ve legitimately made the jump after one year.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The ultimate goal for a basketball player is to make the NBA. A 4/5 star recruit wants to go somewhere that will put them in the best position to succeed and achieve that goal. We've had 1 first round draft pick since Calhoun left.

The more NBA players that played college ball at UConn, the better off our men's basketball program will be in a variety of ways but most importantly on the recruiting trail.
Didn’t say a kid going to the NBA is bad. I said leaving early doesn’t help a program when a player jumps early and the program hasn’t been able to take full advantage of that talent. It’s great for the player, and I root for them one way or the other, but my bottom line is how the team does.

Reaction Score
Didn’t say a kid going to the NBA is bad. I said leaving early doesn’t help a program when a player jumps early and the program hasn’t been able to take full advantage of that talent. It’s great for the player, and I root for them one way or the other, but my bottom line is how the team does.
If Bouk leaves after next season and is a 1st round pick in the 2021 NBA draft we're probably going to be very pleased with how the team does in the 2020-2021 season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom