Bouk makes BE First Team, Sanogo makes Freshman team | The Boneyard

Bouk makes BE First Team, Sanogo makes Freshman team

Reaction Score

ALL-BIG EAST FIRST TEAM+
Marcus Zegarowski, Creighton, G, Jr., 6-2, 180, Hamilton, Mass.
James Bouknight, Connecticut, G, So., 6-5, 190, Brooklyn, N.Y.
Julian Champagnie, St. John’s, G-F, So., 6-8, 220, Brooklyn, N.Y.
*Sandro Mamukelashvili, Seton Hall, F, Sr., 6-11, 240, Tbilisi, Georgia
*Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, Villanova, F, So., 6-9, 230, Kansas City, Kan.
Collin Gillespie, Villanova, G, Sr., 6-3, 190, Huntingdon Valley, Pa.

ALL-BIG EAST SECOND TEAM
Damien Jefferson, Creighton, F, Sr., 6-5, 220, East Chicago, Ind.
David Duke, Providence, G, Jr., 6-7, 210, New York, N.Y.
Nate Watson, Providence, F, Sr., 6-10, 260, Portsmouth, Va.
Zach Freemantle, Xavier, F, So.,6-9, 225, Teaneck, N.J.
Paul Scruggs, Xavier, F, Sr., 6-4, 196, Indianapolis, Ind.

ALL-BIG EAST HONORABLE MENTION
Denzel Mahoney, Creighton, G-F, Sr., 6-5, 220, Oviedo, Fla.
Jahvon Blair, Georgetown, G, Sr., 6-4, 190, Brampton, Ont.
Jermaine Samuels, Villanova, F, Sr., 6-7, 230, Franklin, Mass.

BIG EAST ALL-FRESHMAN TEAM
*Chuck Harris, Butler, G, 6-2, 190, Washington, D.C.
Adama Sanogo, Connecticut, F, 6-9, 240, Bamako, Mali
*Dawson Garcia, Marquette, F, 6-11, 235, Prior Lake, Minn.
*Posh Alexander, St. John’s, F, 6-0, 190, Brooklyn, N.Y.
Colby Jones, Xavier, G, 6-5, 195, Birmingham, Ala.

*Denotes unanimous selection
+Due to a tie in the voting, an additional position was added

Reaction Score
I was surprised to see only JRE and Mamu on the unanimous first team list. Not that it really matters, but i look at some of the other players on the list and wonder who would be picked over them. I can see why coaches wouldn’t want to pick Bouk with the injury (not that I agree with that at all), but how was Zegarowski not unanimous? and Gillespie too? Little confused by that.

Reaction Score
Really bummed for RJ as his play over the last few has been phenomenal. Hoping for IW to get DPOY. Glad & not shocked Bouk wasn’t unanimous. Love when he have some Hungry Huskies with a chip on their shoulder

Reaction Score
I wonder when individual awards go out
The conference will announce Player of the Year, Coach of the Year, Freshman of the Year and Scholar-Athlete of the Year on Wednesday, March 10. Other league individual awards, including BIG EAST Defensive Player of the Year, Most Improved Player, Sixth Man Award and Sportsmanship Award will be announced Monday morning, March 8.

Reaction Score
They loaded up on Nova/Creighton players: 6 of the 14.

Blair is the only one I'd consider an iffy choice. I think Wahab is just better and more important to that team.

I wouldn't have picked Mahoney over Cole, either. Sub 100 ORTG = overrated by usage. I'd have picked Garcia over both, though.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Who is the favorite for 6th man? Does Polley have a shot with 8ppg off the bench?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Really odd way to do this.

6 First Team players
5 Second Team players
3 Honorable Mentions

Quit being cute. 5, 5, 5. Adds one player to the overall conference teams and then have a group of "Others Receiving Votes".

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Yeah I don’t get the honorable mention being only 3 either. Was Cole the 4th guy so they cut it off at three?

Reaction Score
Yeah I don’t get the honorable mention being only 3 either. Was Cole the 4th guy so they cut it off at three?
it's actually normally 2 guys, but there was a tie so they added a third.

not that that makes sense either, haha...

Reaction Score

Yeah this is right.

But I agree if you're going to do 6 on the main team and then 2 HMs (13 total spots), just make 3 teams of 5 (15 spots). And they added an additional team since they created the format, so adding 2 spots isn't that big a deal.

Reaction Score
Does Sanogo win freshman of the year?? Who’s had a bigger impact than him as a freshman?? Maybe Garcia from Marquette?? That’s about all I can think of..

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Congrats to Bouk and Sanogo - well deserved
I can not believe Cole didn't make at least Honorable Mention
If there is an all defensive team Whalley needs to be on it
Pretty weird way with the 6/5/3 divisions - that should be an AAC thing not NBE

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

So it was more about adding another Nova guy. I see.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
hey, lookie! the chuckster is unanimous all-freshmen team. hmmm, lessee here, (hits 'search'), why are there seemingly only two here who have mentioned him, ever? there's that adrien poster, and then there's that burner surfer dude.... and then zippo, zilch, nada from the whole rest of youse. allayouse.
but hey, tyler will be 6th OY (groaner), so there's that.
i think one of our ballin experts here likes to ask, 'how many basketball games have you watched?' as if that is some kind of expertise yardstick. suuuuuuurrre, that's the ticket......

Last edited:
Reaction Score
hey, lookie! the chuckster is unanimous all-freshmen team. hmmm, lessee here, (hit's 'search'), why are there seemingly only two here who have mentioned him, ever? there's that adrien poster, and then there's that burner surfer dude.... and then zippo, zilch, nada from the whole rest of youse. allayouse.
but hey, tyler will be 6th OY (groaner), so there's that.
i think one of our ballin experts here likes to ask, 'how many basketball games have you watched?' as if that is some kind of expertise yardstick. suuuuuuurrre, that's the ticket......
Because he went 2-8 with 6 total points and 5 turnovers in the 2 games he played against us. For most of the conference season he was a bench player on the 10th best team in the league.

I listed him as one of the options for the 4th spot on the all-rookie team in the awards speculation post.

Reaction Score
Really odd way to do this.

6 First Team players
5 Second Team players
3 Honorable Mentions

Quit being cute. 5, 5, 5. Adds one player to the overall conference teams and then have a group of "Others Receiving Votes".
Look at the entire post. It says for BE First team: "+Due to a tie in the voting, an additional position was added"
Now the honorable mention of 3 players is weird.

Reaction Score
Does Sanogo win freshman of the year?? Who’s had a bigger impact than him as a freshman?? Maybe Garcia from Marquette?? That’s about all I can think of..

No. It will be between Posh Alexander and Dawson Garcia.

Posh deserves to win freshman of the year. The kid is a baller and had St. John's playing and performing well above expectations.

Reaction Score
No. It will be between Posh Alexander and Dawson Garcia.

Posh deserves to win freshman of the year. The kid is a baller and had St. John's playing and performing well above expectations.
I forgot about Alexander... yes he has played very well this year. After looking at his stats 11ppg, 4.5 assists, 3.5 boards and 2.6 steals!! Compared to Garcia’s 13 and 7.... the defensive metrics will prob give him the nod. Garcia has been suspect on D this year. He got abused twice against our bigs and saw him get pushed around several other times (which can be expected with a freshman big I suppose). But yes you’re prob right Alexander will get the nod.

Reaction Score
Jimmy Jackson on Fox post game just now....."James Bouknight and UConn are must see TV in the BET".
That's really what college basketball is about. All the sifting through schedules and records and rankings and some schlepps having to play at noon on Wednesday in freaking greensboro. The buzz is at MSG in NYC about JB and UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom