Bouk is getting beat up pretty good | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouk is getting beat up pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So, I’m not that guy and I hate to even sound like “him” but if JB plans on making it to the league and having a meaningful career the contact he’s getting now is nothing compared to the NBA. That’s where all the big boys play.

Reaction Score
It's been a clear strategy against him in all three games. It throws him out of rhythm. I've been calling for us to do that to other people more often for years now. Not hands, hips. Torso collisions in the air. If your hands are clean the refs let a lot of that body contact go.

I griped about it with Adams, because he avoided it with his insane body control, which meant he had shots he couldn't then make. Go back and watch Rob Gray against UConn two years ago. I want Bouk watching how he plays to contact. Bring the ball down, shield it like a running back, take the body bump, then shoot.

Rob Gray "Unguardable" | Houston PG | 2017-18 Senior Highlights - YouTube

Looks like a more powerful Bouknight in this video. Almost 24 when he graduated in December of 2017 and wasn't drafted. Wonder if age was the issue, because he sure looked great every time he played us.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
What do y’all think of a DiAngelo Russell comp? Closest thing in the league right now?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Looks like a more powerful Bouknight in this video. Almost 24 when he graduated in December of 2017 and wasn't drafted. Wonder if age was the issue, because he sure looked great every time he played us.

Isn’t he about 6’ even? I don’t think he has Bouk‘s athleticism either. But he was tough, skilled and crafty as hell. He is in the G league.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Seeing Bouk get beat up reminds me of guy who played for Red Auerbach. If someone took liberties with any of the Celtics before long they would have a collision with Jim Loscutof and all the physical stuff would stop. I nominate Adama as our designated Loscutof. Loscutof got 7 NBA rings out of the deal.

View attachment 62041
"Jungle Jim" - the enforcer.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Kemba got beat up, Bazz got beat up, CV got beat up - it's what you expect when you are the go to guy
But it is amazing how these kids at UConn seem to never get the calls that others do

Reaction Score
Until Akok comes back as a guy he can dish to consistently by just tossing the ball up we're going to need Gaffney to start driving, Polley to stretch the D and Tyrese to start banging guys inside. Tyrese needs to be a creative outlet. Other coaches see what's going on and they know that right now we've only got 1 guy who can hurt them enough to seal a game.

Reaction Score
Kemba got beat up, Bazz got beat up, CV got beat up - it's what you expect when you are the go to guy
But it is amazing how these kids at UConn seem to never get the calls that others do

Many of the "touch" fouls called in the USC game were ridiculous. Several times one of our guys merely put a hand on the other player (touched him), in no way hindering their freedom of movement, yet the whistle blew anyway.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bouk needs to become Rip Hamilton and runoff of screens all day long. He’s our main Spohn threat. He’s going to see a lot of attention for the rest of the season.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
"Jungle Jim" - the enforcer.
Yup AKA hatchet man - Great guy refused to have his number retired so they put LOSCY on a banner and hung it with the numbers. Cowan eventually retired #18.

Reaction Score
What do y’all think of a DiAngelo Russell comp? Closest thing in the league right now?
I saw a comparison for Jamal Murray in the comments of Schmitz tweet that I liked. He isn't as good as murray but sure does move similar to him and has the same nifty off the bounce game with the floaters etc

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Bouk needs to become Rip Hamilton and runoff of screens all day long. He’s our main Spohn threat. He’s going to see a lot of attention for the rest of the season.
We would be doing that but the teams we’ve played weren't talented or dumb enough to play man d.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Just an observation: Kemba, Bazz CV and even Boat were smaller, faster and more solidly built than Bouk. Hoping Rehfeldt can help him on the strength and stamina end. He is of course much taller and longer then them. Kemba developed a mid range shot at the end of his college career when he was on a tour the summer between his last and next to last years at Uconn. He commented that playing against Rondo on that Pro/Am team showed him his shortcomings before going to the next level. After that summer he had the drive, mid- range and long bomb in his arsenal which caused defenses to play him honest. If they cheated on him he made them pay again and again. LOL all the while with that grin on his face! That is a testament to hard work and self improvement that goes along with his natural talent. No easy way to the top. No one worked harder than Ray Allen. What was it? 500 jumpers a day? ("Everyday Ray").

Rooting for James. He has a load of talent.

Reaction Score

Kemba and Bazz gt the calls. Adams and CV didn't.

However, right now, Bouk is taking a beating. He is getting hurt almost every game. Hurley needs to be all over the refs about this.

Reaction Score
Kemba and Bazz gt the calls. Adams and CV didn't.

However, right now, Bouk is taking a beating. He is getting hurt almost every game. Hurley needs to be all over the refs about this.
Bazz and Kemba were not afraid of contact going to the hoop..They knew they would either get an "And one" or two FTs that they would make..

Once high fliers like Bouk leave the floor.. Defenders will do what they can to throw him off of his game if possible.. IMO.. Knowing how to land after contact and not hurt yourself is a valuable skill to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom