Bouk #8 on Goodman’s Draft Board | The Boneyard

Bouk #8 on Goodman’s Draft Board

Reaction Score
8. James Bouknight, 6-5, 190, SG, Soph., UConn – Bouknight is a serious scorer. He can score from all three levels and is lethal getting to the basket. He’s terrific in transition and can really finish around the hoop with either hand. Bouknight has also shown the ability to take over games, but at the next level he’ll thrive as a wing who can put the ball in the basket.

Reaction Score
Not expecting 40 again but Bouk will have a couple more jaw-dropping performances. I think he can only work his way up the board at this point.
I'm sure.

On the 40. It's an unusual number in college. It stands out. Even more so when you watch the game. He didn't get a bunch of breakaway dunks. He shot a high percentage on tough shots.

I'm not sure how much $$ one position in the draft translates to. But that one game probably made Bouk and pile of cash.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Hurley sees a lil Bouk in Hawkins

Totally different players. Both have huge NBA potential though. I could see Hawkins being a versatile 3 and d wing for a decade in the league. But Bouk has the all star potential

Reaction Score
I would love him in the backcourt with Ja Morant
not me. rudy gay's prime was wasted in memphis. worst market in the league (along with okc and sacramento) but with worse attendance numbers. should relocate to seattle in 2028 if the nba hasnt already added 2 expansion teams by then.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When watching Bouknight, I often think of Clark Kellogg and his coining of teams having spurtability. Bouknight is the rare individual who has 'spurtability'. He'll be quiet and then hang 10 on the other team in 2 to3 minutes.

Reaction Score
Huh? Memphis was pretty good when he was there. They chose to get rid of him.
i would never wish a player end up there. no shot of signing super star free agents to a small market ie no shot of winning a chip

Reaction Score
Ja is becoming a superstar. The market really doesn’t matter as much anymore. Dame is a massive superstar. Durant and Westbrook were massive superstars in OKC. Donovan Mitchell is a pretty big star already in Utah. If you are marketable and can can really ball, it doesn’t matter. The most talked about player on the Internet is a teenager playing for Charlotte.

Reaction Score
i would never wish a player end up there. no shot of signing super star free agents to a small market ie no shot of winning a chip
Idk.. Ja, Jaren Jackson, Valanciunas, Dillon brooks is a solid squad. I could see Bouk making an impact if he lands there. And likely too expensive for them to resign so he could land on a contender and get a good pay day. They would definitely have a shot at a run in the playoffs if healthy.

Reaction Score
likely too expensive for them to resign
those guys were all drafted or traded for and still prob wont make the playoffs this year. 8th seed will come down to houston, new orleans, or memphis. clipps/lakers/suns/mavs/nuggs/blazers/jazz are locks.

but you are right- too expensive for a small market team like memphis- that's exactly my point

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That DePaul steal, dribble off-hand to the breakaway windmill will be on his draft hype video during ESPN’s draft coverage.
In the dunking category I think he's missing something where he dunks on an opposing player. Breakaway dunks come and go. Dunking on someone is memorable.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Idk.. Ja, Jaren Jackson, Valanciunas, Dillon brooks is a solid squad. I could see Bouk making an impact if he lands there. And likely too expensive for them to resign so he could land on a contender and get a good pay day. They would definitely have a shot at a run in the playoffs if healthy.

The fact that they are 5-6 missing almost their entire starting lineup is a testament to their front office. I trust Memphis as an organization way more than my Knicks.

Would be a nice spot for Bouk. Also, the Grizzlies may have won a ship one year before Tony Allen got hurt - not fair to say Gay wasted his career there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom