Boston University leaves Amer East for Patriot League | The Boneyard

Boston University leaves Amer East for Patriot League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Somehow, I think more programs will step up to the FBS level. I wouldn't even be surprised if Liberty University steps up. They have plans to expand their stadium to 30K. One school that would be interesting to watch is Stony Brook. Located in a solid market.

Reaction Score
This is a stepping stone move for BU to get out of the putrid America East that we have dominated for years in every sport except men's basketball. I think we just won our eighth commissioner's cup in a row or something like that. Aligns the school with higher academic standard private schools in a better geographic footprint as opposed to northern New England and upstate New York lower level public schools. A-10 is where they've been pushing, but it doesn't look like it's going to be happening anytime soon. CAA is a non-starter, too much of a southern league.

Reaction Score
I think it makes sense for BU. Its sports aren't going anywhere big, so why not go for the greater academic prestige league. Especially one that has forged out decent exposure (if not decent money) on CBS Sports Network.

But if anyone connected with BU really thought the A-10 would be interested, I've got a bridge you might be interested in.

Reaction Score
I think it makes sense for BU. Its sports aren't going anywhere big, so why not go for the greater academic prestige league. Especially one that has forged out decent exposure (if not decent money) on CBS Sports Network.

But if anyone connected with BU really thought the A-10 would be interested, I've got a bridge you might be interested in.
Oh, trust me, we know the A-10 is mostly a pipe dream. The thing is, our non-basketball sports are generally very, very good and regularly compete in the NCAA tournament. It's just our men's basketball program has largely been very poor, and hasn't even won America East, which for a school our size, should be a breeze. We also have the facilities to house an A-10 basketball program, it's just once again, the level of success in men's bball is nowhere near up to par.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Definitely a DONE deal; FSU and Clemson to the Patriot League.
It was until those schools saw what Lehigh did to Duke in the tournament. Now they are having second thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom