Boston Herald predicts UConn can stay "relatively competitive" against BC | The Boneyard

Boston Herald predicts UConn can stay "relatively competitive" against BC

Reaction Score
The Boston Herald reports this week:

UConn (+21) vs. Boston College — The Eagles are the better team, no question. Even with Darius Wade at quarterback, AJ Dillon should have his way on the ground against a weak Huskies defense. But UConn’s offense received a spark when David Pindell was inserted at QB, scoring 24 points against undefeated Central Florida last week. Add in the quirks of the Fenway Park field, and UConn should be able to stay relatively competitive.

The College Picks: Colorado State to roll past San Jose State

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The line is 21. The entire world thinks that relatively competitive is a good description.

I think UConn is really going to struggle
to stop the running attack and is going to have a hard time keeping Pindell upright.

I don’t think this is an unreasonable position.

Reaction Score
The line is 21. The entire world thinks that relatively competitive is a good description.

to stop the running attack and is going to have a hard time keeping Pindell upright.

I agree and I think UConn has to have a decent series on both sides of the ball to start the game - just from a mental standpoint at least. Half-way through the first quarter if they are pushing us around on both sides of the ball I think it could be a looooooong game. And the Landsdowne Pub will be beckoning.

Reaction Score
The players have to focus on making the play and not get over hyped and rush things resulting in lost opportunities the way we did vs Mizzou. Maybe Arkeel can get loose in this game. It looks like rain will affect play so being able to stop Dillon and not get burned by play action will be key for our D. For us to have any chance DP will have to play really well. I hope he does for himself, the team, the fans that travel, and all the rest of us that have been stuck in this hell of the last 6 and 1/2 years of UCONN football.

Reaction Score
We recently played Mizzu (who is playing like a top 20 team), and UCF - and played competitively (save the final score). What I mean by competitively is (for a UConn fan) we showed up and competed.

So I hope, and got to believe, at this point that UConn will compete with BCU. Last year we got blown out, but I think we play strong and lose by 10, or win - football gods be willing.

So I appreciate the article by the Herald, and hope UConn can channel some inner El-Amin and shock the world!

WHY NOT -SHOCK THE WORLD.

Reaction Score
Final score 24-17. Book it. Take Uconn and the under.

Reaction Score
We recently played Mizzu (who is playing like a top 20 team), and UCF - and played competitively (save the final score). What I mean by competitively is (for a UConn fan) we showed up and competed.

So I hope, and got to believe, at this point that UConn will compete with BCU. Last year we got blown out, but I think we play strong and lose by 10, or win - football gods be willing.

So I appreciate the article by the Herald, and hope UConn can channel some inner El-Amin and shock the world!

WHY NOT -SHOCK THE WORLD.
Beating a 5-5 team will never shock the world. Shock New England maybe?

Reaction Score

It would shock me.

Anyway, I'm going to finish this Corora seeing as I have to troll Greensboro tomorrow for a stylist who will give me a reasonable C an C (my old stylist has cut back her hours), and for the young ens on the BY a C and C is way different from a half and half, or a round the world.

Oh lord to be young again.

too NYC?

Last edited:

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm feeling oddly optimistic about tomorrow. I know that our defense has been obliterated this year, but if their backup QB can't do the job through the air, I like our chances much better against a run-oriented offense. Oddly enough, I'm worried about the fact that we won't be able to pass very well if it rains, since a lot of what we do is through the air (screens, TEs, QB keeper when the pocket breaks down, etc.). Unless the OLine has a massive day, I'm worried that we won't be able to get Mensah going on the ground.

Still, having said that, I like our chances in a lower scoring game. I like the fact that I think we will have more fans in the crowd in their city. I like the role of the underdog and all the locker room wallpaper that Addazio and company has provided us with. And I've got a good feeling that we're going to punch them in the @#$%^g mouth... :cool:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I'm feeling oddly optimistic about tomorrow. I know that our defense has been obliterated this year, but if their backup QB can't do the job through the air, I like our chances much better against a run-oriented offense. Oddly enough, I'm worried about the fact that we won't be able to pass very well if it rains, since a lot of what we do is through the air (screens, TEs, QB keeper when the pocket breaks down, etc.). Unless the OLine has a massive day, I'm worried that we won't be able to get Mensah going on the ground.

Still, having said that, I like our chances in a lower scoring game. I like the fact that I think we will have more fans in the crowd in their city. I like the role of the underdog and all the locker room wallpaper that Addazio and company has provided us with. And I've got a good feeling that we're going to punch them in the @#$
UConn Men's Basketball

^g mouth...
:cool:

I love your optimism, Dan. I hope we have a crowd advantage, but despite the 2-to-1 fan tickets distribution, I'm afraid the combination of bad weather and our fans having to travel to get there will have us outnumbered in the stands.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
We're definitely going to have the chance to see what Peart is made of--BC's DE on his side is All American caliber

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
NBC 30's radar prediction had rain holding off until 9-10pm. Who the hell knows, but there you go.

It's difficult to know whether this development may be good or bad for us. Bad weather may be an advantage to us on the field.

Reaction Score
We suck overall and we aren’t bringing a lot of fans at this point. Bringing the fans back requires doing things like going to Fenway and punching BC in the face. When we put a team on the field with the sack to kick some butt, the fans will start coming back. It isn’t the fans that are the problem, it’s the team. A surprise win today is what is needed to put a little spring in our step.

I hope those of you that make it to Fenway enjoy one of those magical holiday season nights in New England where the air seems fresher, the beer seems colder, friendships seem warmer and UConn football is inspiring.

Reaction Score
BC has a very good defense, probably the best we’ve seen.

The RB they have, Dillon I think, is the real deal and he is big and fast. I don’t think our DBs are ready for him.

Our only chance is for Pindell to get hot and on defense to line up against the run and hope their new QB struggles. Then we have to win the turnover battle.

BC will be ready. They’re looking to get bowl eligible, their in Fenway and coming off a tough loss against a good NCSt. It could easily get very ugly.

Wife and I are on our way to Boston.

Reaction Score

Gonna be hard with BC grinding on 3 down lineman and 3 LBs left to fend off free blockers and make stops unless the DBs are up tight in a run support first mentality... which then exposes the pass.

At some point the D has to get better, maybe today. I've yet to see it.

One thing is we have to finish and score. Moving chains for time possession is a loser's game, because of basic conversion statistics. We need to get chunks and finish.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
nope, not even that.

Reaction Score
I think we pull this one out. Feeling it. Pull it out by 10 or 3, with BC possibly scoring late to make the score closer.

What’s your feeling on the MNF game? I want to ride the hot hand.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom