Boston Herald: Beckett Must Go | The Boneyard

Boston Herald: Beckett Must Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cleanup Starts with Beckett

I don't know, but Beckett has certainly had enough solid moments that the Sox will take a bath on that move. No way are they going to get value in return for someone they are offloading because he is a clubhouse cancer.

Heck, I'd take him on the Yankees in a heartbeat. Not for much in return, though

Reaction Score
Boston has some tough decisions this winter. The trio of Beckett, Lackey & Lester drinking and around during games, and getting out of shape, if true, is troubling. But I'm not sure you trade a Beckett to solve that. He had the 2nd lowest ERA on the team, behind Ace, and Brian Cashman can tell you how hard it is to find pitching.

Reaction Score
Boston has some tough decisions this winter. The trio of Beckett, Lackey & Lester drinking and around during games, and getting out of shape, if true, is troubling. But I'm not sure you trade a Beckett to solve that. He had the 2nd lowest ERA on the team, behind Ace, and Brian Cashman can tell you how hard it is to find pitching.
A lot of the Red Sox problems could be fixed by a hard-nosed manager.

Reaction Score

Lester's gotta stay around. He's actually a character I'd still like in the clubhouse, and unlike Beckett and Lackey, I think his rep with Boston fans is a bit more resilient (for obvious reasons.) If the Sox can unload Lackey, I'll be more than pleased. As for Beckett, I'm on the fence. If he goes, I won't care, but if he stays, I'm not going to complain either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom