Borges: With lots of changes, is the UConn men’s basketball family still intact? | The Boneyard

Borges: With lots of changes, is the UConn men’s basketball family still intact?

Reaction Score
As for UConn’s future, all signs seem to indicate that Jalen Adams will stay for his senior year and not turn pro. Adams has been bothered by a minor wrist ailment the past couple of weeks and has had his workouts curtailed a bit. It doesn’t appear that he will test the NBA draft waters without an agent, as many players are allowed to do.

Surprised he isn't even going to test the waters

Reaction Score
As for UConn’s future, all signs seem to indicate that Jalen Adams will stay for his senior year and not turn pro. Adams has been bothered by a minor wrist ailment the past couple of weeks and has had his workouts curtailed a bit. It doesn’t appear that he will test the NBA draft waters without an agent, as many players are allowed to do.

Pleasantly surprised lol

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Feel like someone at the University should work on alumni relations. Coach Baylock does it for football. Would love to see more alumni involvement in basketball. This article makes me a little sad that some feel no connection to the University or the program at all anymore.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Sounds like a lot of whining. We’re all really sorry that we weren’t willing to play dead while your old friend destroyed the basketball program.

You want to meet the AD or get tickets? Pick up the stupid phone.

No one is going to tell you no.

Reaction Score
Feel like someone at the University should work on alumni relations. Coach Baylock does it for football. Would love to see more alumni involvement in basketball. This article makes me a little sad that some feel no connection to the University or the program at all anymore.
The encouraging thing is I thing Hurley understands the importance of this. The UConn family is very much apart of the recruiting pitch. I also think Calhoun will be around a lot more

Reaction Score
Jalen probably wants to lay low and make an impression next season. I’m sure the new staff is in his ear about lifting, shooting hundreds of jumpers per day and helping him study film.

I think it may be to his benefit to stay under the radar.

Reaction Score
The encouraging thing is I thing Hurley understands the importance of this. The UConn family is very much apart of the recruiting pitch. I also think Calhoun will be around a lot more
That should have been the sign for all of us holding onto hope w KO when he froze out JC. Man I’m so ready to not read about KO and just move forward but it’s so painful to think back on. JC will bring it back together and those coach Moore quotes about Hurley being humble and getting it make me encouraged that this will get repaired if it needs repaired.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I can't imagine KO accepting the invite to this year's all star game.....

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I can't imagine KO accepting the invite to this year's all star game.....

My uninformed guess is he won't be back for a long, long time.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a lot of whining. We’re all really sorry that we weren’t willing to play dead while your old friend destroyed the basketball program.

agreed. there's no way anyone is going to ignore an email or phone call from one of those guys. if they wanted to be involved they could have stayed involved.

Reaction Score

Absolutely. DH is big on "family"...

Reaction Score
agreed. there's no way anyone is going to ignore an email or phone call from one of those guys. if they wanted to be involved they could have stayed involved.

That’s not the way alumni relations works at all.

That’s on Ollie and alumni relations not working together. The fact that you have alums with millions in the bank not getting calls or regular correspondence from the school or program is really, really, really embarrassing for the school. It just is.

Literally your job after recruiting, coaching and winning is almumni relations. At some schools, it’s literally #1. The fact it’s this bad is almost as bad as what’s on the court.

Again we’re coming back to it and I don’t like doing it - but Kevin Ollie was astonishingly bad at running a D1 program. Some of this stuff is unfathamable to me. It’s like college coach 101 stuff.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Same. He should be encouraged to do so imo. Not sure what the rationale is there.

Reaction Score
Jalen probably wants to lay low and make an impression next season. I’m sure the new staff is in his ear about lifting, shooting hundreds of jumpers per day and helping him study film.

I think it may be to his benefit to stay under the radar.
How much contact is the actual coaching staff allowed to have with JA re: training, shooting etc.?

Reaction Score

They all lose Jim Calhoun’s number?

Reaction Score
There’s nothing to test. There’s no interest out there for him.

There’s nothing about him that should make him an NBA prospect right now. No reason to pay him on a hope he figures something out when UConn can do that all for you can you can low ball him out of school his senior year.

Reaction Score
There’s nothing to test. There’s no interest out there for him.
I was reading this article from ESPN.com the other day.

NBA draft tracker: Who's in, and who's testing?

It was interesting that there is no mention of Jalen Adams because they don't think he's even in the top 100 of their potential draft picks. I figured he'd at least test the waters. But if there's absolutely no interest in him then he's not getting invited to any pre-draft camps and no teams are going to have him visit for workouts. If that's the case then there is no reason to test the waters since he won't get any feedback from teams. I'm guessing that's why he hasn't put his name in to enter the draft. He only has until Sunday so we'll know soon if he will.

He needs to come back and lead this team to a good season. That would help his reputation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom