Borges update on roster and recruiting | The Boneyard

Borges update on roster and recruiting

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Interesting that KO directly compared Carlton to Enoch. That was interesting.

Also, as much has been said through back channels about KO, I love this from him :

(Will it be good for UConn to go into next season with lesser expectations, a bit under the radar?)

“I’d love to be No. 1. I don’t run away from expectations. I don’t care if we’re eighth or 10thin the preseason – in Connecticut, they expect us to win. That’s the expectations that we come into each and every year, and that’s how we’re evaluated. I understand that pressure. I played here, I coached here. I like that pressure. I think that’s a privilege. If people want to call us an underdog, this and that, it is what it is. We want to just come in and play.”​

Reaction Score
"We want to get him more athletic, boost his jumping ability, his fast-twitch muscles, being able to react on defensive end. Only way they get on court is if they pick up defensive schemes. Hopefully, he can do that."

I love this comment as well ... and it seems pointed at Enoch. Maybe Durham. And I do like it and respect it. Frigging kids need to fill the role we need: play interior D and be tough.

Enoch had to want to be good. He did have skills.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
"Mamadou’s been going full strength, getting up at 6:30 a.m., working out with Carlos Daniels, coming back to practice center doing individual work. No swelling in the knee, no bad feedback, every day he's recovering and coming back stronger."

Reaction Score
I know a lot of the reaction has been sprinkled throughout various threads, but it still feels like there should be more traffic here. It's hard for me to fathom anybody who is interested enough in UConn basketball to be posting here in June wouldn't get something out of it. A lot of good stuff here.

pj

Reaction Score
It feels like AD Benedict has finally gotten a marketing program going for UConn sports, with the nice videos for example and the regular reachout to the sports writers. Too bad many UConn fans lost interest just before this. Hope the athletic department keeps things up.

Reaction Score
I know a lot of the reaction has been sprinkled throughout various threads, but it still feels like there should be more traffic here. It's hard for me to fathom anybody who is interested enough in UConn basketball to be posting here in June wouldn't get something out of it. A lot of good stuff here.

Agreed, a lot of good stuff, but I think many of us are in "believe it when we see it" mode when it comes to Ollie and this team. If this team actually performs at a high level come November, many fans attitude surrounding the program will drastically change for the better.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Agreed, a lot of good stuff, but I think many of us are in "believe it when we see it" mode when it comes to Ollie and this team. If this team actually performs at a high level come November, many fans attitude surrounding the program will drastically change for the better.

Been saying this for a while. Undefeated heading to the PK80 and there will begin to be buzz around the team.

Reaction Score
Who are the 18s that could potentially reclass? And I thought all the transfers had made decisions. Anyone know specifically who KO might be referring to?

Reaction Score
Who are the 18s that could potentially reclass? And I thought all the transfers had made decisions. Anyone know specifically who KO might be referring to?
The only potential re-class is Eric Ayala. Borges confirmed this via twitter yesterday.

Reaction Score

I think Iggy B is a possibility, from what I remember reading

Reaction Score
"Mamadou’s been going full strength, getting up at 6:30 a.m., working out with Carlos Daniels, coming back to practice center doing individual work. No swelling in the knee, no bad feedback, every day he's recovering and coming back stronger."

I first read that as practicing the center-positon skills. Would have confirmed KO is preparing for small ball with larrier at the 4.

Reaction Score

I am asking around

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Great stuff. Need to see more of this. Get the overall program mojo back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom