Borges: Some Background on Sid's Case | The Boneyard

Borges: Some Background on Sid's Case

Reaction Score
Sidney Wilson, Sr.: St. John’s wasn’t helpful in son’s waiver request

Good piece giving some background. Seems like we were dealing with some pettiness from the folks at St. Johns. Good comparison between how Ohio State helped out Braxton in his case and how St. John's did nothing.

From the piece: According to St. John’s athletic director Anton Goff, the NCAA asked St. John’s if it wanted to provide a letter either supporting or opposing Wilson’s waiver.

“We decided to do neither,” said Goff, “and let UConn apply for the waiver on their own merits. If the young man gets in, fine. But we didn’t support it, and we didn’t not support it.”

Reaction Score
Would love some clarification on why UConn seemingly either didn't realize they had heard back or lied to reporters about it initially.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Would love some clarification on why UConn seemingly either didn't realize they had heard back or lied to reporters about it initially.

Probably doing all they could to lean on st johns for a favor and didnt need the publics opinion on it as well.

Man we got no street cred. No "one day i may ask you for a favor" respect. We gotta have a guy for these kind of situations.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
We gotta have a guy for these kind of situations.

calhoun.jpg

Reaction Score
Meanwhile, St. John’s is 0-8 in the Big East.

“Karma is funny,” Sidney Wilson, Sr. noted.

LOL
If you have watched St. Johns and Pitt play this year, we are not better than those teams. If I had to bet the mortgage on matchups between us and those two teams, the roof over my head would be at severe risk.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Let's go! Please let's get some good news today and get this kid on the court! We need all hands on deck to salvage this season!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Saint John's has been a piece of (insert scatological word of your choice) ever since Carneseca retired. They hired Satan, and have been paying the price ever since.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
we didn’t not support it

Either an English major at St Johns or took the UNC "now you see it, now you don't" course

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If you have watched St. Johns and Pitt play this year, we are not better than those teams. If I had to bet the mortgage on matchups between us and those two teams, the roof over my head would be at severe risk.
St John's has flashed some good play - Pitt has been just plain crappy - I have to feel you are safe with Pitt but then again who knows

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Waiting waiting waiting... I thought I read somewhere that we were going to get a final decision from the NCAA today. What is the hold up?

Reaction Score
Uconn would beat st John's and Pitt. Not many teams I feel good about the huskies beating from the p5/big east but absolutely they win at home, likely on a neutral court and perhaps on the road against those two.

Reaction Score
Waiting waiting waiting... I thought I read somewhere that we were going to get a final decision from the NCAA today. What is the hold up?

Considering the general lack of communication from the Athletic Department that last few months (including over this initial appeal) I would say I'm sure the school knows by now but isn't going to let the public know until they have to...quite frustrating really.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom