borges;Balancing Depth, Egos May be Toughest Part of Kevin Ollie's Job | The Boneyard

borges;Balancing Depth, Egos May be Toughest Part of Kevin Ollie's Job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ruh - oh.
Asked again if he felt his team grasped that concept, Napier responded: “I hope so, I don’t know. Sometimes, it doesn’t seem that way. Hopefully, they understand that for now on

Reaction Score
I suspect this is an issue every Div 1 team has to deal with at some time or another. The thing about this team there are at least 6-7 players this can apply to versus 3 or so for other teams.

Having Bazz an unselfish leader at the helm makes Ollie's task a little easier as he likes to share the ball. Now that is something I'd like all our players to consistently emulate (I won't name names).

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Ruh - oh.
“I hope so," Napier said. "That’s one of the things that guys have to know. We can’t have a lot of egos. If you’re not doing what you’re supposed to be doing on the court … we’ve got more depth now. Lasan played tremendous defense on Yogi, so he had to get back in the game. I hope everyone knows that. I’m not gonna score a lot. There may be a game where I’m on the bench, so you’ve got to put your egos aside and realize it’s more important for us to win games.”
He also said this.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Bazz has to continue to lead by example. The more games that he plays unselfishly the better off we will be. I would really like it if he played the first 10 minutes trying to get everyone involved before taking over. I think this opens up the game for him too.

I am a bit worried about Boat getting a mentality that he has to shoot when he gets the ball to make sure he "gets his".

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
meh... this is the right kind of problem to have... we keep winning it wont be much of an issue. You probably could have written this exact same article at one point in time whenever we had a deep team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom