Borges article regarding 2021 & 2022 recruiting | The Boneyard

Borges article regarding 2021 & 2022 recruiting

Reaction Score
There's a pretty long thread on this article that started on Wednesday if you want to jump on that to discuss.

Reaction Score
I really do hope Sanogo is here for 2 years which appears likely.
i think 3 is likely and 4 is possible (if not probable). everyone has hoop dreams but odds are the 76th ranked high school player is just not getting all the way to the nba... especially when there isn't a need for centers that cant shoot or dribble and have below average athleticism.

but it's for those exact reasons that i'm so exited about him. he fits the mold of a dominant upperclassman center perfectly. i'm thinking of guys like dejuan blair, sean may, nick ward, arinze onuaku, etc.

they weren't relatively athletic or good shooters or ball handlers, but they were skilled bullies that could score around the paint and rebound at will. most importantly their teams were all really successful.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i think 3 is likely and 4 is possible (if not probable). everyone has hoop dreams but odds are the 76th ranked high school player is just not getting all the way to the nba... especially when there isn't a need for centers that cant shoot or dribble and have below average athleticism.

but it's for those exact reasons that i'm so exited about him. he fits the mold of a dominant upperclassman center perfectly. i'm thinking of guys like dejuan blair, sean may, nick ward, arinze onuaku, etc.

they weren't relatively athletic or good shooters or ball handlers, but they were skilled bullies that could score around the paint and rebound at will. most importantly their teams were all really successful.
I hope he's here that long but all the reasons you list are why I think he's gone, just have to look over the past few years/drafts. He's not a prototypical NBA player but staying longer doesn't change that. Seems like a lot of those borderline 1st round guys like Nicolas Claxton, Diamond Stone, Bruno Fernando, Kofi are all going early to the NBA

Reaction Score
Nicolas Claxton, Diamond Stone, Bruno Fernando, Kofi are all going early to the NBA
i dont think those guys fit the same mold that i was trying to describe. claxton and fernando are super athletic. stone and kofi are close in terms of body type but are significantly bigger (i was trying to pick guys around 6'8 250lbs). they were also both 5* recruits going into college which sanogo is not

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i dont think those guys fit the same mold that i was trying to describe. claxton and fernando are super athletic. stone and kofi are closer in terms of body type but are significantly bigger. they were also both 5* recruits going into college which sanogo is not
Sanogo prob would have been a 5 w/out reclass tho right? Mid 40s and rising?

Reaction Score
Sanogo prob would have been a 5 w/out reclass tho right? Mid 40s and rising?
idk if he woulda gotten up to a 5 star. regardless, he reclassed so it sets him back. if reclassing didn't hurt he woulda maintained his rank. we saw the same thing with springs and brown. but like i said i'd rather have sanogo for 3-4 years than kofi for 1 any day

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i dont think those guys fit the same mold that i was trying to describe. claxton and fernando are super athletic. stone and kofi are close in terms of body type but are significantly bigger (i was trying to pick guys around 6'8 250lbs). they were also both 5* recruits going into college which sanogo is not
They're not all perfect fits to Sanogo's style but my point is most big guys don't have any advantage to staying in college if they're not a fit for the modern NBA

Reaction Score
They're not all perfect fits to Sanogo's style but my point is most big guys don't have any advantage to staying in college if they're not a fit for the modern NBA
Its a great point but the other poster also makes a great point. Sanogo is 6`8 250lbs with above average athleticism but definitely not a high level NBA big athlete so its going to be tough for him to leave even after 2 years unlless hes absolutely dominating the college game and has shown some versatility as far as being able to step out and shoot the ball or drive past his defender which isnt out of the realm of possibility.

Reaction Score
Its a great point but the other poster also makes a great point. Sanogo is 6`8 250lbs with above average athleticism but definitely not a high level NBA big athlete so its going to be tough for him to leave even after 2 years unlless hes absolutely dominating the college game and has shown some versatility as far as being able to step out and shoot the ball or drive past his defender which isnt out of the realm of possibility.
I think the key for him is developing an outside shot which would be a game changer for him, and that seems to be his plan from the articles posted. But with his current game and how NBA teams draft I don't see his draft stock dramatically changing from sophomore to senior year. I'd love to have him 4 years because he's going to be dominant, but I'm just always inclined to approach things from an economic perspective

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom