Borges article in NH register about Adams and Vital | The Boneyard

Borges article in NH register about Adams and Vital

Reaction Score
Interesting. Im sure there will be speculation because people will read too much into it. I thought testing the NBA draft waters was almost encouraged in a way since they moved the date back for declaring so kids have more time to think about their future, and at the same time get feedback on what they need to do in order to improve their game and draft status. I think it would make sense that if a player did that after their So year, they would do the same thing after their Jr year...

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I hope he comes back. He could have a really special senior year. It would be his team.
Agreed. I'm a big Vital fan. If Hurley can surround him with talent so he doesn't have to hand the ball he can be really good. You can see throughout the season Hurley setting up plays for him to run through screens catch and shoot

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If Vital did transfer he wouldn't have to sit out under the new rules, correct?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I'm guessing CV is chomping at the bit to go pro, but he's just not going to get the type of feedback from scouts that he is going to want to hear. I'm guessing he comes back next season after much consideration.
There is a huge opportunity for him to improve, be a leader, and actually experience a team with a winning record, I would think.

Reaction Score
If you watch the video of CV's interview, there doesn't seem to be any subtext to his statement. Dude was clearly still in "mad about losing" mode and didn't care to meticulously choose his words. I do think he has a decision to make, in that I think Jalen and James will earn themselves major minutes next year. Does he want to be the senior leader/role player, or give it one more shot somewhere else being a top 2 scoring threat? It's a legit dilemma, I feel for him and think both are good options.

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
UConn men’s notebook: Jalen Adams is gone, but what about Christian Vital?

Unsure if elaborating on this meets BY rules so refraining from commenting other than to say there’s some interesting tidbits at the end of the article.
Agree with your take on the quotes from CV. It does sound like he may contemplate moving on to Europe or whatever, to pursue pro ball. Agree with previous post from Hi-Low who said CV will keep us in the dark for awhile. Maybe he is annoyed by Hurley's decision not to start him for that stretch of games and is wondering whether Gafney or Bouknight will be given preferential treatment (Hurley's recruits vs. an out-going senior). I'd like him to return as long as he is happy with Hurley's plan for him. I'm sure they will talk. And of course, it will be what it will be.

Reaction Score
I hope he comes back. He’s would be a big part of next year. I really hope he does what Jalen did and comes back. We could use the experience and depth.

Reaction Score
He will be one of the most unlikeliest players to break into the top 25-50 scorers all time( or close)

Reaction Score
If you watch the video of CV's interview, there doesn't seem to be any subtext to his statement. Dude was clearly still in "mad about losing" mode and didn't care to meticulously choose his words. I do think he has a decision to make, in that I think Jalen and James will earn themselves major minutes next year. Does he want to be the senior leader/role player, or give it one more shot somewhere else being a top 2 scoring threat? It's a legit dilemma, I feel for him and think both are good options.

Lol ot but your user name is a nice inside UConn joke. Well done!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
CV has had one foot out the door during each of the last two offseasons.

No one should be surprised if he considers his options at the end of this season.

Yeah if Hurley really was working him into a role off the bench to prepare him for next year... not sure why anyone has been considering him better than 25/75 to return.

Reaction Score
It’s a dilemma. I can’t see Vital returning for a bench role but he may want a guarantee to start and I don’t think Hurley would promise one. IMO Christian derserves to be part of a starting lineup that I hope includes AG, JB, AA, and JC

Reaction Score
Don't like that response from Vital. I want him back but if his heart is really here he should have just said it. I've seen players test the NBA waters but say they plan on coming back.

Reaction Score
Maybe he is annoyed by Hurley's decision not to start him for that stretch of games and is wondering whether Gafney or Bouknight will be given preferential treatment (Hurley's recruits vs. an out-going senior)

Maybe Hurley benched Vital because he knew he would be gone, but then started him again to give them a chance to win the AAC tournament?

Reaction Score
Where is CV going? It's in his best interest to return. If he chooses not to, that's on him. I wish him well. But really, where is he going?

Reaction Score
CV has had one foot out the door during each of the last two offseasons.

No one should be surprised if he considers his options at the end of this season.
Is Finland really better than another year in Storrs? CV is a marginal European player at this point. That 35k will be there when he graduates.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
That long quote by Vital was seen on the Twitter. Reading it you instantly see he never said "I" or "we" when talking about next year's team. When hearing him say it it seems clear...he's leaving.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom