Borges article: Big East Coaches impressed with Hurley. | The Boneyard

Borges article: Big East Coaches impressed with Hurley.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Wow, Borges with the scoop of the century!

Be sure to look out for the next articles in the series, "Top sprinters impressed by Usain Bolt" and "Top financiers impressed by Warren Buffett."

Reaction Score
Wow, Borges with the scoop of the century!

Be sure to look out for the next articles in the series, "Top sprinters impressed by Usain Bolt" and "Top financiers impressed by Warren Buffett."
Except it’s like Hurley is Usain Bolt and his competition are “impressed” with him. Like whose opinion in the BE do we really care about? I guess maybe Pitino? He’s done more than everyone else.

Reaction Score
If anyone needed evidence that Borges needs to write a minimum number of articles per week, here it is.
I was going to post this article the other day and then I read it and thought, "There's nothing really in here so is it worth posting?" But I suppose it's better than having nothing to read about UConn men's basketball during the dog days of summer.

Reaction Score
Normally I would ask someone post a link that lets us access it through the paywall. Imma pass on this one tho

Reaction Score
Except it’s like Hurley is Usain Bolt and his competition are “impressed” with him. Like whose opinion in the BE do we really care about? I guess maybe Pitino? He’s done more than everyone else.
As part of his quota Borges already wrote an article a couple weeks ago on that. :)

"You go win it all," Pitino said. "You've got the team to do it."

Sure enough, the Huskies wound up ... doing it.

"Because," Pitino told Hearst Connecticut Media in a phone conversation on Tuesday, "(Hurley's) second five was every bit as strong as his first five. That means you get by foul trouble, you get by fatigue. The grind of the NCAA Tournament won't affect you as much, because you have such a deep bench. And, they were excellent defensively."

Alternate access:

Rick Pitino back in Big East as St. John’s coach. What he said about league, UConn men's basketball

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
As part of his quota Borges already wrote an article a couple weeks ago on that. :)

"You go win it all," Pitino said. "You've got the team to do it."

Sure enough, the Huskies wound up ... doing it.

"Because," Pitino told Hearst Connecticut Media in a phone conversation on Tuesday, "(Hurley's) second five was every bit as strong as his first five. That means you get by foul trouble, you get by fatigue. The grind of the NCAA Tournament won't affect you as much, because you have such a deep bench. And, they were excellent defensively."

Alternate access:

Rick Pitino back in Big East as St. John’s coach. What he said about league, UConn men's basketball

Interesting comment by Pitino on one of Nahiem Alleyne's eyes having only 60 % vision last year which they intend to correct somehow and that he will need surgery after the season. Seems hard to believe that if it was correctible a doctor could have been found while he was here in CT. Unless this is just Ricky playing victim/perpetrator/rescuer with him of course being the rescuer.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Reminds me of an interview with Chuck Daly when he started coaching the ‘92 Dream Team and he called the team “impressive”. Guessing he meant everyone except Laettner…

F Duke

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I think maybe you misread my post? That was my point exactly. The dude just won a title and is killing it on the recruiting trial; of course his peers are impressed with him.

Reaction Score
I think maybe you misread my post? That was my point exactly. The dude just won a title and is killing it on the recruiting trial; of course his peers are impressed with him.
Hmm possibly lol guess I figured since Bolt is retired it’s kind of different but yeah we’re saying the same thing

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom