borge: recruits are first night | The Boneyard

borge: recruits are first night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Umm, why do we only have 2 potential recruits visiting this year, that seems like way less than normal?

Reaction Score
Last year we were loaded in the amount of people that came and the quality of them.

Reaction Score
I think Winston is a great kid and incredibly dedicated.Just don't see him being a uconn player guess we will see this year as a JR. Wiggins Harris and Jernigan were much more explosive and dynamic coming out of the CCC a few years ago and Wilson-Frame is above that level.

Reaction Score
I don't remember Harris and Jernigan putting up 25 ppg for a season. Haven't even seen Winston Morgan play but I'm guessing he has more portential considering he's already getting looks from big programs and it doesn't seem like Harris and Jernigan are D1 players. Maybe he's not UConn's level but it seems like Ollie likes him.

Reaction Score
Harris and Jernigan weren't D1 players cause they couldn't get there act together in the classroom. America East programs wanted those guys. UHART was all over Jernigan. Morgan has all the intangibles that those two lacked that's for sure he'd be a great fit to any program if KO deems him worthy of the UCONN jersey ill be rooting hard for him.

Reaction Score
Hate seeing kids blow their opportunities, I remember another Hartford point guard with game, Tyrone Gardner, seems he couldn't get his act together.

Reaction Score
Was Gardner the lefty from Weaver a few years back.....beat Maloney in the finals at Storrs?

While he was a nice HS player and could get it going from deep I doubt his ability to play for UConn was ever there..........

Reaction Score
Was Gardner the lefty from Weaver a few years back.....beat Maloney in the finals at Storrs?

While he was a nice HS player and could get it going from deep I doubt his ability to play for UConn was ever there..........

Yes that was Gardner. I think he had the talent to play at Uconn if he had his head on straight. Harris and Jernigan are both playing Juco still pursuing their D1 dreams.

Reaction Score
Yes that was Gardner. I think he had the talent to play at Uconn if he had his head on straight. Harris and Jernigan are both playing Juco still pursuing their D1 dreams.

Gardner was small, weak and a little wild with the ball. Shot it good, streaky but again, a mid-major guy at best I think. Still hate to see these guys lose their chance to get out and make something of themselves, it's sad especially when having a gift........

Reaction Score
One guy I'll never forget was Bobby Moore out of New Haven, he was unbelievable to watch, at 5'8 he played way above the rim.

Reaction Score
One guy I'll never forget was Bobby Moore out of New Haven, he was unbelievable to watch, at 5'8 he played way above the rim.

Never got to see him play but heard exactly what you're writing...........how long ago super john was he in school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom