Boosters - Are We or Are We Not? | The Boneyard

Boosters - Are We or Are We Not?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I can't imagine that any activity on the BY qualifies someone as a booster. Stalkers perhaps? :cool:
Oh good I don't have to ask for all those letters, emails to Sam Brunnel or her mother---I guess the new scooter was ok, wasn't it?
Stalkers seemed to fit many of us over some we view--most recently MS Walker--My wife thought I was taking up smoking again--when I kept driving through Chesterfield

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
All levity aside---Generally what actually constitutes a Booster---the 100,000 plus donations for Seasons seats?? What?

If you click on the link I provided it spells it out pretty clearly.......the question I had was whether being a member this forum would make us all boosters.....I assume the answer is no but I found the rules and regs to be interesting regardless

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Oh good I don't have to ask for all those letters, emails to Sam Brunnel or her mother---I guess the new scooter was ok, wasn't it?
Stalkers seemed to fit many of us over some we view--most recently MS Walker--My wife thought I was taking up smoking again--when I kept driving through Chesterfield
BV, you are definitely not a booster and have nothing to worry about as far as the NCAA compliance folks are concerned

However, there are other authorities that may well want to speak to you...
;)

Reaction Score
If you click on the link I provided it spells it out pretty clearly..the question I had was whether being a member this forum would make us all boosters.....I assume the answer is no but I found the rules and regs to be interesting regardless
I went to the site ---squeezed out the do's and don't but couldn't bring it up to a print size I could actually read---hence the question.
BV, you are definitely not a booster and have nothing to worry about as far as the NCAA compliance folks are concerned

However, there are other authorities that may well want to speak to you...
;)

Those mental health are still confused---from my last three years of analysis. Two of them
asked me to analyze them--that's how bad off they were after my sessions (no that is not political).

I helped Megan Walker over a Richmond fence ---that was boosting---But no one shall ever know, will they???
Subtle and funny---Thanks.

JS

Reaction Score
Probably best to assume the worst the case and leave prospective students athletes alone.
Correct. That's what we'd ask all Boneyarders to do.

The definitions are vague, especially the catch-all clause about promoting the university's athletic interests.

And they're circular: if you're involved in promoting the interests, that makes you a booster who shouldn't be doing it.

As many of you know, this site contributed most of the 30-some pages of a report designed to make the case to the NCAA that the university should have exercised "institutional control" over recruiting forays by its fans.

That argument didn't require a finding that the fans in question were or were not boosters.

Much, much better to say "I didn't do it" than "I did it but I'm not a booster."

Only the athletics staff is allowed to engage in recruiting contacts. Best advice to Boneyarders: Stay the hell away from recruits. Geno & Co. do pretty well at convincing them to come without our eloquent efforts.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Only the athletics staff is allowed to engage in recruiting contacts. Best advice to Boneyarders: Stay the hell away from recruits. Geno & Co. do pretty well at convincing them to come without our eloquent efforts.
Are you saying we have little to no control over the UCONN program?

Pish posh.

Next you'll be saying my mojo efforts in the score prediction threads, and what I wear to watch a game, and where I sit on the couch to watch a game have no effect on the outcome???

Ridiculous.

HGN

Reaction Score
I y'am what I y'am ; And that's all that I yam..........A BY'er.

Reaction Score
Are you saying we have little to no control over the UConn program?

Pish posh.

Next you'll be saying my mojo efforts in the score prediction threads, and what I wear to watch a game, and where I sit on the couch to watch a game have no effect on the outcome???

Ridiculous.

About 19 years ago---Geno in response to one of my emails to him---he , in no uncertain terms let me know exactly the amount of control I had over his coaching or the program---I miss getting those love notes from him. So, I am no longer boosting---except in larger crowds.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
About 19 years ago---Geno in response to one of my emails to him---he , in no uncertain terms let me know exactly the amount of control I had over his coaching or the program---I miss getting those love notes from him. So, I am no longer boosting---except in larger crowds.

That note is likely a valuable collectible now. You should donate it to the BB HoF

Reaction Score
Well, yes, the print is very small, but I just got a new pair of glasses (truly) and read it very, very carefully.

It DOES NOT say you can't give a potential recruit a sign. (Sorry, Danny :))

Reaction Score
Probably best to assume the worst the case and leave prospective students athletes alone.
You've got it right. I can't see how anyone who does what we do could be called a booster in the legal sense. (or illegal sense, for that matter;).

Reaction Score
That note is likely a valuable collectible now. You should donate it to the BB HoF
Alas---as with all great works of literature : it was lost in the vastness of space---but should I still have it, I would have had it evaluated on the Antique Road show, and as crass as I can be, I would have sold it--probably to someone in a former Vols Coaching staff.

Reaction Score
Well, yes, the print is very small, but I just got a new pair of glasses (truly) and read it very, very carefully.

It DOES NOT say you can't give a potential recruit a sign. (Sorry, Danny :))

Thanks---My new Tri-Focals will come in Sept, so until then I can only read normal or larger print--VA is great isn't it. (Ok not for all Vets)

Reaction Score
the BBHOF doesn't accept X-rated rants.....:rolleyes:
In no correspondence from Geno with Negative attitude --not once or ever did he use words you could not use in front of your Granny. He got his case across using words found in Webster. His command of English may not be perfect--but it is effective.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom