Boomer needs help | The Boneyard

Boomer needs help

Reaction Score
It's about a commercial that's been playing during March Madness.

So Emma and Max are running for some school office. They both get on their computers, and start doing stuff to goose their campaigns. When they announce the results, the previously unseen, Sonia takes it. The commercial then announces that "your next computer won't be a computer."

I kinda, sorta think, after more thought then I would normally put into this, that I get it.

To confirm - can anyone explain it to me?, and was it intuitive to you ?

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Seems like the “subverting expectations for the sake of subverting expectations” trope has made its way to television commercials.

Game of Thrones gave us so much, and yet caused so much damage…

Reaction Score
Normally the graphic design heavy stuff the students were doing to win their campaigns would be on a desktop "computer".

iPad was showing off the computing power to handle graphic design on a tablet.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Honestly I walk away from commercials if I can and if I can't I probably learn what the product actually is from maybe half of them.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I pad. Apple advertising has long been more about style than substance

Reaction Score
Normally the graphic design heavy stuff the students were doing to win their campaigns would be on a desktop "computer".

iPad was showing off the computing power to handle graphic design on a tablet.

Thanks.

I didn't connect that the graphic stuff they were doing needs a computer rather than a phone.

Not realizing that, the best I could figure was that while Emma and Max were using computers, they were producing outdated media like posters, and hats, and that Sonia, using her next generation not-a-computer, had run some sort of stealth on-line campaign.

Reaction Score
OK, I just had to watch it and I wouldn't have gotten it either. The computers all looked to be about the same size. Maybe she got some Ozark-like technology and electronically stole votes.

Reaction Score
I thought this thread was going to be about Boomer Esiason raising money for his Cystic Fibrosis charity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom