Boomer Gives Geno Props.... | The Boneyard

Boomer Gives Geno Props....

Reaction Score
Boomer definitely walks to the beat of his own drum and that ain't so usual in sports--and it is much appreciated (by some!)

You may remember he did a football show with chris Russo like 15 years ago, I think it was called in the huddle and it was awful. Boomer was all about "I'm the athlete and my opinion matters more than yours". It was an annoying act.

I have to say he's really done a 180 since taking taking over mornings at fan what like 11 years ago? Boomer is first class, entertaining yet didn't hog the mic and let carton do his thing. Admirable.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hhmm. I was watching alot of the Boomer show yesterday and even today and I did not see any mention of the game which to me was nuts since CBSSN was carrying it. Maybe I missed a 2 second spot by blinking?

Boomer is fine for what he is in bringing passion to local sports but ESPN whatever it's faults still gives WCBB the most respect.

Reaction Score
Hhmm. I was watching alot of the Boomer show yesterday and even today and I did not see any mention of the game which to me was nuts since CBSSN was carrying it. Maybe I missed a 2 second spot by blinking?
Boomer is fine for what he is in bringing passion to local sports but ESPN whatever it's faults still gives WCBB the most respect.

This is not an attack just a difference of opinion. NY apples and Cuse oranges you might say. ;) The status of WFAN and the fan base they cater to does not allow them to do much with women's basketball. With ratings being everything and the number of NY pro teams they have to cover there is little time to cover more than what they do. ESPN on the other hand is trying to appease a nationwide audience and cover everything they can.

Again I understand how you would want to hear more about our passion but I thought they did pretty good. It was mentioned today in all the updates and they also played a decent portion of Geno's post game speech and commented on how choked up he was.
This came up in the midday show...Amy Lawrence with another CBS Sports Minute....Enjoy. :)
12-20 Amy Lawrence CBS Sports Minute on Geno Auriemma - CBS Sports Minute - Omny.fm

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This is not an attack just a difference of opinion. NY apples and Cuse oranges you might say. ;) The status of WFAN and the fan base they cater to does not allow them to do much with women's basketball. With ratings being everything and the number of NY pro teams they have to cover there is little time to cover more than what they do. ESPN on the other hand is trying to appease a nationwide audience and cover everything they can.

Again I understand how you would want to hear more about our passion but I thought they did pretty good. It was mentioned today in all the updates and they also played a decent portion of Geno's post game speech and commented on how choked up he was.
This came up in the midday show...Amy Lawrence with another CBS Sports Minute....Enjoy. :)
12-20 Amy Lawrence CBS Sports Minute on Geno Auriemma - CBS Sports Minute - Omny.fm

Thanks for the followup. I guess I am not clear on WFAN and how it is connected to CBSSN. It just seemed funny that the day of the game, no mention was made even in the form of a simple advertisement and in a 4 hour morning show, there is plenty of time. In any case, it seems they warmed up a little the following day.

Reaction Score

Dead on. I've listened to WFAN since the beginning they very very very rarely mention WCBB. Only when our streak hit crazy heights did they casually mention it in an update.
It's crazy to think Mike never interviewed Geno. It would be a great interview!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom