Bonnies getting crushed | The Boneyard

Bonnies getting crushed

Reaction Score
Bonnies down by 30 early in 2nd. Va. Tech doesn't have any real bad losses per se, but it still feels like every "big win" gets knocked down a few notches. This brings to me my main question: outside of Nova, which big east game will give us the most cred heading into March? I'd hate to use common W-L comparisons as a metric of our success, but the committee uses them so I guess it matters.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
When was it a “big win” according to people on the BY? Or according to KP ranking?

Reaction Score
Yeah I love that announcer comment about the Bonnies having trouble with Length thing again. Don't most mid majors have this issue and they aren't a tiny team. The problem with the Bonnies is they don't play team ball. Just lots of one on one from them. For a Sr. laden team I expected a better product than they show. Now I'm a little worried about us playing without Martin and Sanogo.

Reaction Score
No more better cupcakes, can’t be trusted.
I just worry that the MSU game is the way this team will perform against most big 6 competition. Not that it was awful, but we did get beat.

Reaction Score
Bonnies down by 30 early in 2nd. Va. Tech doesn't have any real bad losses per se, but it still feels like every "big win" gets knocked down a few notches. This brings to me my main question: outside of Nova, which big east game will give us the most cred heading into March? I'd hate to use common W-L comparisons as a metric of our success, but the committee uses them so I guess it matters.
Right now there are 3 teams (Nova, SHU, X) that would be Quad 1 home wins and 6 teams (those 3, Marq, SJU, PC) that would be Quad 1 road wins.

Reaction Score
Right now there are 3 teams (Nova, SHU, X) that would be Quad 1 home wins and 6 teams (those 3, Marq, SJU, PC) that would be Quad 1 road wins.
I hope you're right. We do have more chances to earn those good wins than we've had in years. It feels strange not waiting for Cincy and Houston to bolster our thin resume. But a good strange, I guess

Reaction Score
40 point loss to Va Tech?? Yikes

Not too many ways to sugar coat that

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The Bonnies are overrated based on their experience. The entire sport is older! Everyone got a free year! They aren't that good!

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Their fans probably crying and thinking of ways they can blame this on the refs.

In all seriousness though, yikes for them.
Yeah after reading their board after our game I will never blame the refs again for anything. Just delusional regarding bad calls keeping them down.

Reaction Score
Hall Xavier and Nova should be ranked all year so any would be "big wins"

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Mid-majors don't get the benefit of the doubt after losses like this. This is why it is vitally important to schedule P5 games + cupcakes (no well-regarded mid-majors). It may sound elitist, but it is necessary to maximize our stats.

Reaction Score
I just worry that the MSU game is the way this team will perform against most big 6 competition. Not that it was awful, but we did get beat.
Missing a key starter, and playing a double overtime game less than 24 hours prior. Full team, normal rest and practice… we take 8 of 10, easily.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Yup. Day after double OT, without key defensive player, against a hall of fame coach. Pretty much represents a day to day scenario to project from.

Reaction Score
Just what the board needs, another poster with a dump in their pants who has little idea about what they are talking about.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom