Bonjour on Lou and the ND game, plus Geno's comments on Christyn | The Boneyard

Bonjour on Lou and the ND game, plus Geno's comments on Christyn

Reaction Score

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Glad to see Register reporter digging in. Lou's studying film with Kobe is an eye opener. Her take on ND vs. Miss St losses: “This one was different,” she said. “Mississippi State, not that we deserved to lose, but I think we all played in a way that wasn’t kind of acceptable to what we felt. This past year, we had a lot of mistakes that we made. But we played as hard as we could in that game.”

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Correct. Thank you. I didn't see that Doug switched from quoting Geno back to quoting Lou.

Changing the thread title to reflect that would be a good idea.

Reaction Score
Lou reviewed the ND game with none other than Kobe.

Geno likes Christyn's aggressiveness and ability to finish at the rim. She's not a normal freshman.

uconn women notebook: Samuelson still haunted by Final Four loss
I haven't felt this good since April1, 2018. The words that Geno used, and KLS, echoed, seems to say WINNER. Confidence is the key ingredient for any player that Geno's loves--even as a frosh. Okay Dokey, Chrystn William--is vocal in practice (ala DT, Sue)- KLS said she makes mistakes but she is in charge of her game (paraphrasing).
Thank you Milford for pulling this one out of the woodwork. I loved and hated that KLS spent hours reviewing and analyzing the ND game. She needs to see the errors that can be corrected and work on them--then forget the game.
If all this holds true into late November the missing link for the starting 5 may have been determined. A missing ingredient with those that sat a lot last season was Confidence, ego, know you can do anything basketball has separated the superior players from the ordinary. And apparently the North Little Rock Arkansas native has it.

Reaction Score
Milford, I think you are paraphrasing Lou not Geno.
I felt so good about the article to see that Geno and KLS (his leader) have faith and confidence in a kid we all hope will fill many holes. Of course, I enjoy that she is a NLR kid to me that's as good as being a Connecticut kid.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Changing the thread title to reflect that would be a good idea.
The thread title is accurate, because Doug does quote Geno. The part about being aggressive and getting to the rim should be attributed to Lou, though, rather than Geno. I bet Geno thinks the same thing, but he wasn't quoted on that.

Reaction Score
I like C. Williams , watching her play in high school up in Arkansas it was unbelievable how much her skill set favored WNBA player Odyssey Sims . If Williams ever starts to defend like O then you better Watch out WCBB.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
The thread title is accurate, because Doug does quote Geno. The part about being aggressive and getting to the rim should be attributed to Lou, though, rather than Geno. I bet Geno thinks the same thing, but he wasn't quoted on that.
I like the thread title. It always a good day when Lou is around! ;););)

Reaction Score
I like C. Williams , watching her play in high school up in Arkansas it was unbelievable how much her skill set favored WNBA player Odyssey Sims . If Williams ever starts to defend like O then you better Watch out WCBB.

Sims is a good comparison, but I see a lot of Diamond Deshields in her game when watching her play.

Reaction Score

Well.........Geno always says no one comes into college liking/wanting to defend. That's something he has to teach. Lou is a perfect example.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Well....Geno always says no one comes into college liking/wanting to defend. That's something he has to teach. Lou is a perfect example.

I'd say Faris is the best exception to that rule, and probably Nurse as well. But by and large, they come to college wanting to make buckets!

P.S. Kelly is playing in Iceland this winter - I'd say Nurse has a little sweeter deal down in sunny/warm Oz !

Kelly Faris signs with Blikastúlkna (must then use Google translate)

"She is a workforce and comes with experience and hard work for Blikastúlkna. I trust that she controls the pace of both exercises and games. Kelly's role must primarily lead a young team, Blika, as she said with great experience and hard work, "said Margrét Sturlaugsdóttir, coach Blika, at the company's website.

'She is a workforce...' I LIKE THAT COACH !!! :p

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Man that was an awesome read!! Lou having the chance to watch that game again and learn from one of the GREATS is just going to help her become a better leader in the locker room and on the floor. Just reading that article gave me goose bumps.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
It will be nice to have a little swagger back out there. We are a bit too nice and almist detached at times. Hope it rubs off.

I think Crystal is going to *love* having CWilliams (and the swag she brings) in the backcourt with her - they have a chance to be a very special guard duo.

I believe most of Crystal's issues last year stemmed from her chronic shin splints. Of all the players, CD most approaches the "fine-tuned Ferrari" mode of operation. A lot of her mid-range game is built on runners and floaters off the glass -- they require exquisite touch and consistent preparation, more so than a regular J. Being held out of practice and not able to explode as per usual threw that part of her game off completely. And the reduced explosion killed her ability to finish at the rim as well.

If she stays healthy, there could be more than a few games this year where CD is the POG. It's easy to forget how good she's been at times. Like 1st team AA -good.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think Crystal is going to *love* having CWilliams (and the swag she brings) in the backcourt with her - they have a chance to be a very special guard duo.

I believe most of Crystal's issues last year stemmed from her chronic shin splints. Of all the players, CD most approaches the "fine-tuned Ferrari" mode of operation. A lot of her mid-range game is built on runners and floaters off the glass -- they require exquisite touch and consistent preparation, more so than a regular J. Being held out of practice and not able to explode as per usual threw that part of her game off completely. And the reduced explosion killed her ability to finish at the rim as well.

If she stays healthy, there could be more than a few games this year where CD is the POG. It's easy to forget how good she's been at times. Like 1st team AA -good.

That was the first thought that I had once Christyn committed to UConn. The thought of seeing them together on the floor. Christyn already brings her own style and grace to the court, but you can't help but wonder how much of Crystal will rub off on to her. I believe in the theory that when you associate, you assimilate. We don't have to wonder if they'll play well together, that's a no brainer. :rolleyes:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That was the first thought that I had once Christyn committed to UConn. The thought of seeing them together on the floor. Christyn already brings her own style and grace to the court, but you can't help but wonder how much of Crystal will rub off on to her. I believe in the theory that when you associate, you assimilate. We don't have to wonder if they'll play well together, that's a no brainer. :rolleyes:
I'm waiting to see Christyn walk down the hallway on her hands! :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom