Boneyard Triennial Sport | The Boneyard

Boneyard Triennial Sport

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What Sport: Why, critiquing Mike DiMauro.

AAC just doesn't work for UConn ... and never will

I suspect he has been grinding his teeth ever since Shaughnessy took Mike's negativity crown and crowned himself.

He's a good writer and can turn a well turned phrase to be sure. And he and I were both struck by Tulsa's coach's first name: Matilda. (By the way, she delivered one of the best opening statements I have ever heard given in a loser's presser. Good on you Matilda.)

But his point is both obvious and pointless. Gee, Mike, thanks for telling us a the tourney opened what a horrible situation the AAC is for UConn women's BB. You really know how to inspire your readership Mike. And I'm sure the AD will not your brilliant advice on the problem: get out ASAP. That took great effort and thought.

His next article will probably deal with attendance and his favorite race tinged theory about why there has been a decline (ignoring the large growth of the TV market).

He's feeling neglected/left out. And he isn't very original in his quest for attention. You see, this piece is just an extended Dan O'Shaunessy diatribe:

"This harangue is by no means a shot at the UConn women. But after appreciating their excellence — 27 assists on 38 baskets Saturday — there is the matter of drama. This is sports. You want a lack of drama? Go to an art museum. But we watch sports for win or lose, to see rivalries and to be entertained."

I guess UConn should apply for a WNBA franchise, huh. Seasonality would e a bit of an issue though. Last fall Geno pointed out what any number of WCBB insiders and journalists have noted. There isn't a conference in America that UConn would not run through.

Me, I enjoy extended scrimmages under game rules. If you don't enjoy seeing basketball execution that is as polished as UConn's, take Geno's advice and don't watch.

Last edited by a moderator:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Rocky - good on you. The truth is he could have written this about the OBE prior to RU and ND rising up, and he certainly could have written this if we had been invited into the Big10 this year. It is a tired thought process. The NCAA tournament with all those other conference leaders hasn't been competitive for the last four years either.

Yes sports is about competition, but is also about excellence - Tiger dominating, Michael Phelps, Ladecky (sp), etc. I would much rather watch UConn women blow a team away, than watch 99% of the slugfest games that come out of the SEC. Or most of the MCBB games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom