Boneyard Top 25 Poll: The torch has been passed, preseason voting time! | The Boneyard

Boneyard Top 25 Poll: The torch has been passed, preseason voting time!

Reaction Score
Greetings!

It's that time again. The Boneyard Top 25 poll (BY25) is back - and under new ownership!

The gallant and beloved @Plebe has requested new stewardship of the Boneyard Poll for the upcoming season. As we have worked together on other projects, the unheralded @undersized and @Lorcan are willingly answering the call to facilitate yet another season of hilarity and quizzical selections from the voting members of the Boneyard. You will note that we have created a new account specifically for the compilation of the poll that is accessible by us both @WBB25POLL We will use this account to compile data from voters, answer questions, and hopefully bear witness to another fantastic season of voting from the esteemed and not-so-esteemed members of this community. Please feel free to DM either of us individually if other questions arise.

Voting is now open for the 2022-2023 BY25 preseason poll. Ballots are due to us, via private message, by 6:00 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 6th. (If you don't know how to send a PM, let me know in this thread and we will PM you first.)

View attachment 70590

A few rules and tips:
  • Everyone, regardless of team loyalty, is equally welcome and encouraged to submit a ballot. The sole prerequisite is to have a Boneyard account. The more balanced and diverse the electorate, the better the poll.
  • Full ballots (of 25 teams) are strongly encouraged; short ballots (of at least 10 teams) are accepted.
  • No ties are allowed on a ballot. Each team on the ballot must be assigned a unique ranking.
  • Double-check your ballot to ensure: (a) no team is listed more than once, and (b) you’ve correctly named each team (e.g., not confusing “Iowa” and “Iowa State”).
For reference, the final BY25 poll from March 13, 2022, may be found here.

Reaction Score
How do we know we can trust you to count the ballots honestly? You could be deleating those you do not agree with. :D;)

Obviously all ballots that don't have either Stanford or Iowa at #1 will be disregarded. ;)

No, but in all seriousness, we are setting our personal biases aside for a higher cause! Please vote-- we would love to have your ballot.

Reaction Score
1. South Carolina
2. Stanford
3. Louisville
4. UConn

5. Texas
6. Iowa
7. Tennessee
8. NC State

9. Iowa State
10. Michigan
11. Notre Dame
12. Arizona

13. Indiana
14. UNC
15. Maryland
16. Baylor

17. Oregon
18. Creighton
19. LSU
20. Creighton

21. South Dakota St.
22. Princeton
23. Oklahoma
24. Ohio State

25. Miami (my darkhorse)

EXTRA, EXTRA

26. UCLA
27. Ole Miss
28. Nebraska
29. South Dakota
30. Duke
31. Gonzaga
32. Depaul

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
1. South Carolina
2. Stanford
3. Louisville
4. UConn

5. Texas
6. Iowa
7. Tennessee
8. NC State

9. Iowa State
10. Michigan
11. Notre Dame
12. Arizona

13. Indiana
14. UNC
15. Maryland
16. Baylor

17. Oregon
18. Creighton
19. LSU
20. Creighton

21. South Dakota St.
22. Princeton
23. Oklahoma
24. Ohio State

25. Miami (my darkhorse)

EXTRA, EXTRA

26. UCLA
27. Ole Miss
28. Nebraska
29. South Dakota
30. Duke
31. Gonzaga
32. Depaul
My most esteemed colleague @visitingcock has, yet again, displayed charming ignorance of the difference between a public post and a DM. For that, we applaud his cocky audacity.

Note, also, as well, and in addition, that he loves Omaha so much that he has Creighton in both 18th and 20th places. The recognition by an SEC fan of the stature of a Big East team is heartwarming.

In the immortal words of Great Aunt Elmer and Great Uncle Edna, “Y'all can't make this stuff up.”

Thanks to the new Keepers of the List, and to Brer Plebe for starting us on the road to public humiliation. :D

Reaction Score
My most esteemed colleague @visitingcock has, yet again, displayed charming ignorance of the difference between a public post and a DM. For that, we applaud his cocky audacity.

Note, also, as well, and in addition, that he loves Omaha so much that he has Creighton in both 18th and 20th places. The recognition by an SEC fan of the stature of a Big East team is heartwarming.

In the immortal words of Great Aunt Elmer and Great Uncle Edna, “Y'all can't make this stuff up.”

Thanks to the new Keepers of the List, and to Brer Plebe for starting us on the road to public humiliation. :D
Actually, one of Creightons' spots should probably have gone to UCLA. When I posted, I saw that I had left UCLA out and hurridly edited them back in lower than they deserve.

I don't like Top "25". It should be limted to 16 - or expanded to 32. Just me hung up on turnament numbers, first round home games, etc, etc.

As to difference in public messages vs. DMs - BLUSH

Reaction Score
Actually, one of Creightons' spots should probably have gone to UCLA. When I posted, I saw that I had left UCLA out and hurridly edited them back in lower than they deserve.

I don't like Top "25". It should be limted to 16 - or expanded to 32. Just me hung up on turnament numbers, first round home games, etc, etc.

As to difference in public messages vs. DMs - BLUSH
Thanks for showing us your list. It helps the rest of us think over ours. A generous spirit.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
The system will not allow me to access the poll. Is it open or not?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I didn't think ranking could get any more difficult than late last year, but the first couple of weeks this year will be worse. It's just such a crap shoot which teams will be able to incorporate their transfers well. I'll definitely be taking coaches into account.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Hover your cursor over the OP's avatar or username and click "start conversation." You can enter your list directly or cut and paste from an offline file (may require some reformatting).

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I could not be more appreciative of @undersized 's and @Lorcan 's willingness to ensure that this fine Boneyard tradition continues. It is in capable hands now ;)

Now I'm going to issue a challenge to the voters: Dare yourself to disregard other entities' preseason polls as you make your ranking decisions. Try to make your ballot your own, rather than just the AP poll with a few tweaks.

:)

Plebe

Reaction Score
If anyone needs assistance with their poll selections or suggestions, feel free to ask me via dm for some advice, unbiased of course.
Are there any teams in the state of North Carolina other than UNC and NC State that deserve to be ranked?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Are there any teams in the state of North Carolina other than UNC and NC State that deserve to be ranked?

nkXSPwy.jpg

Reaction Score

The poll is indeed open. As others have said, all it takes is sending us a DM. At this juncture, this account does not appear to have the capability to start a conversation with others - so please don't hesitate to reach out in this thread if you run into issues. We are working through our methods for compiling this in a format that pleases Athena.

I didn't think ranking could get any more difficult than late last year, but the first couple of weeks this year will be worse. It's just such a crap shoot which teams will be able to incorporate their transfers well. I'll definitely be taking coaches into account.
Might I suggest using a dartboard? As Plebe has suggested, you might remove most darts that represent schools from North Carolina. If you want to be daring, you could see if a dart representing Montana State lands somewhere on your rankings.

I could not be more appreciative of @undersized 's and @Lorcan 's willingness to ensure that this fine Boneyard tradition continues. It is in capable hands now ;)

Now I'm going to issue a challenge to the voters: Dare yourself to disregard other entities' preseason polls as you make your ranking decisions. Try to make your ballot your own, rather than just the AP poll with a few tweaks.

:)

Common sense? She doesn't even go here! Shall someone dare to "forget" to rank South Carolina in the Top 5 or shall someone dare to rank mighty minnows Denver who had a player shoot 7/8 from behind the arc in an exhibition victory? As Plebe said, it's the preseason. There's been a lot of upheaval and almost any vote can be justified at this moment of optimistic dreaming with the exemption of....well...ranking sixteen teams from the state of North Carolina.

--Lorcan

Plebe

Reaction Score
Plebe can verify that I did use a dartboard for much of last season. :D
I just filled out my dartboard I mean ballot for the preseason.

I went through several iterations of just starting with a purposely jumbled list of a few dozen candidates. It's impressive how my thinking about a given team can vary widely by time of day or day of week, it would seem.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom