Boneyard meetup/Road Game Watch | The Boneyard

Boneyard meetup/Road Game Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I'm looking to get a general idea if Yarders are into this for a road game.

At a quick glance we play two important Saturday games on the road early in the New Year.

@Florida Saturday Jan 3rd , 2015 time- 2:00
@ Stanford Saturday Jan 17th, 2015 time- 9:00 pm

Would you like to have a Watch Party for either game at a bar in the greater Hartford area?

If we can get commitments (bookmark the date) which game the majority of us are interested in I will create one.

I organized one a few years back. It was a good time at City Steam downtown. Fifteen people came, including Fishy. Nobody was punched in the throat. We did lose a close one to Michigan. Got a few apps, separate checks, cheered together, met some new friends. City Steam gave us the back pool room to ourselves. They appreciated the business and opened early for us with a few extra staff members.

There's lots of great places to see a game, maybe a Yarder owns a pub?

Talk it up, let's see what the interest level is & we can go from there.

Mike-

Reaction Score
The Atlanta Alumni chapter is organizing a road trip for the the game. I encourage anyone who can make it there to be there.

GemParty

Reaction Score
The Atlanta Alumni chapter is organizing a road trip for the the game. I encourage anyone who can make it there to be there.
Which game (FL?) & what does this news have to do with a local Hartford viewing party?

Last edited:

GemParty

Reaction Score
My bad. Yes, for the FL game. And it has nothing to do with a local viewing party. Just trying to encourage anyone/everyone to make the road trip if possible.
My bad. Yes, for the FL game. And it has nothing to do with a local viewing party. Just trying to encourage anyone/everyone to make the road trip if possible.
You might want to start your own thread. I'm watching this one to get a count on a (local) party. Now people are responding +2 but -to you or me? It may get confusing. My gathering may end up for the Stanford game, which has nothing to do with Atlanta Alums plan.

Reaction Score
Gem,

If I am available, I will join you. Also, a poster named Sully owns Lena's Pizza on the Hartford-West Hartford border, Sully's Pub is attached to it. Just one possible location that is easy to get to as it is about a minute off 84.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Gem,

If I am available, I will join you. Also, a poster named Sully owns Lena's Pizza on the Hartford-West Hartford border, Sully's Pub is attached to it. Just one possible location that is easy to get to as it is about a minute off 84.[/QUOT

I hope he joins our discussion. It would be nice to have a private area, maybe food or drink specials if we can support him with 20-30 people. We need 3/4 nice synced tvs with volume too!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Keep this posted. I should be able to get some people. Also where is everyone meeting, eating, and drinking before the duke game? My friends and I are driving down from Stamford

GemParty

Reaction Score
I'll be there +8.
Chin are you talking about 8 people for the local game watch? If so which game? The thread got a bit hijacked.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Going forward, let's talk restaurants & counts of people for the (local) game watch Only in this thread. Thanks.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Lol @GemParty , the harder you work to get people not to comment on the Florida game in Florida the more people are going to reply to that here.

It seemed like a good idea, when I woke up.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

At a quick glance we play two important Saturday games on the road early in the New Year.

Would you like to have a Watch Party for either game at a bar in the greater Hartford area?

If we can get commitments (bookmark the date) which game the majority of us are interested in I will create one.

I organized one a few years back. It was a good time at City Steam downtown. Fifteen people came, including Fishy. Nobody was punched in the throat. We did lose a close one to Michigan. Got a few apps, separate checks, cheered together, met some new friends. City Steam gave us the back pool room to ourselves. They appreciated the business and opened early for us with a few extra staff members.

Mike-
That was great, gemz. But don't forget HuskyNan was there, too.

And I'll attend.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
We're taking a road trip to Florida? I'm in . Thanks Gem :)

Yeah, Fishy's renting a big bus. Remember, you're either on the bus or off the bus.

(Sorry, Gem....I would be up for the 2:00 p.m. game to be watched LOCALLY on a Saturday. The previous get together was fun at City Steam, although the game was not the greatest. That would be a great location again if we had a bigger turnout. There are probably not a lot of places where we could have our own room).

Reaction Score

Mike-

CHICAGO SAMS (old Rookies where a few BYers have met in the past) would be a great place with plenty of space and TV's.........

Reaction Score
Dogbreath2U said:
Yeah, Fishy's renting a big bus. Remember, you're either on the bus or off the bus. (Sorry, Gem....I would be up for the 2:00 p.m. game to be watched LOCALLY on a Saturday. The previous get together was fun at City Steam, although the game was not the greatest. That would be a great location again if we had a bigger turnout. There are probably not a lot of places where we could have our own room).

Fishy is more familiar with the smaller busses.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Why are we driving to Atlanta to watch a game in Florida?

Let's go all the way! Ten toes in, motherf---ers!

My car only has one seat so we'll need some other people to drive, too. (My car actually has four seats, but people like to talk and breathe and stuff while they're in my car and I don't like that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom