Boneyard Has Lost Its Edge | The Boneyard

Boneyard Has Lost Its Edge

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Height.jpg

This trip is strewn with photos like this and not one, no not one height debate! Shocking. Really shocking.

Huskies Spend Saturday Sightseeing

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
In another picture, You see the top of Naphessa's foot wrapping. Seems not to serious.
12799245.jpeg

Reaction Score
Of all the players, the one who looks different in size than advertised is Megan Walker listed at 6' 1".

UCONNHUSKIES.COM Official Women's Basketball Roster :: University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site - Women's Basketball

She is standing next to Gabby Williams 5'11" but she looks shorter and we cant say Gabby is wearing any heels since she is in gym clothes. Am I nuts? :confused:
Gabby is also next to Napheesa...they appear to be close in height (which we know isn't true). I'm thinking Gabby is on her toes!

Jim

Reaction Score
as long as the player in the middle of that line is clearly the tallest I'm happy......:)
Now that you mention it, I think Z has grown an inch and is up to 6' 7". (Let the debate begin...)

Reaction Score
View attachment 24255

This trip is strewn with photos like this and not one, no not one height debate! Shocking. Really shocking.

They are in Italy..... everything is in metric. We would have to divide by 39.37, carry the 10, multiply by their height in inches, divide by cm in a yard, carry the height in feet, and god only knows what else to figure out who is taller than who(m). And Z looks like she is taller than the first floor of the building so what is really going on here.

Reaction Score
They are in Italy..... everything is in metric. We would have to divide by 39.37, carry the 10, multiply by their height in inches, divide by cm in a yard, carry the height in feet, and god only knows what else to figure out who is taller than who(m). And Z looks like she is taller than the first floor of the building so what is really going on here.
In some places, what we call the first floor they call the ground floor and the first floor is our second floor .....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Just dawned on me that Phee has some sort of wrap/device on her right foot/ankle, so she is DQed from this height debate.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just dawned on me that Phee has some sort of wrap/device on her right foot/ankle, so she is DQed from this height debate.
Nice catch. I missed that. Ankle sprain?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Of all the players, the one who looks different in size than advertised is Megan Walker listed at 6' 1".

UCONNHUSKIES.COM Official Women's Basketball Roster :: University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site - Women's Basketball

She is standing next to Gabby Williams 5'11" but she looks shorter and we cant say Gabby is wearing any heels since she is in gym clothes. Am I nuts? :confused:

Molly is listed as 5' 9" if that helps. I'd say 6' 1" is a stretch for Meg. Gabby is always at least 2" off the ground.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Nice catch. I missed that. Ankle sprain?

Something like it in the Italian All Star game. I believe the report was she came down on an Italian player's foot.

Reaction Score
Well, you really walked the plank with that admission! 2d, 5th, 9th, 11th from left.
You sure about that? The fifth looks like Kia Nurse to me, while the 6th from the left looks like a newbie. The 9th looks like Gabby, while the 10th is a new face, at least to me. And isn't the 12th one (the bespectacled one) a rookie as well?

Reaction Score
Kia, in particular, looks very cute in that picture.

I like this one as well.
12799246.jpeg

Awesome pic of all the ladies, but can't take my eyes off Pheesa....what a serenly lovely young woman.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
@RockyMTblue2 I agree with you not only has the BY lost its edge but apparently so has CD. For 30 some years now the UCONN team has always lined up in height order and it was CD's job to make sure that happened. Yet here they are in Italy-all out of order. Unless... they are really not??
DHhg_BGXsAAbb_m.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
View attachment 24255

It's hard to say when the players are in civvies, because shoe height varies. Going for the low-hanging fruit, Crystal is the shortest and Azura is the tallest. I'd say they range from about 0.93 Hartley units to 1.15 Hartley units. Meg does look shorter than Gabby, but Gabby is as tall as Pheesa, which is not right. Lou looks a little taller, and Batouly a little shorter.

Batouly looks fashionable, as usual. She's the new Morgan Tuck. I really like Lexi's dress and Kia's red and black combo. Meg has an understated dress. They get gold stars from Christine Dailey.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Sonny, no need to ID the freshmen. Just pick out the vets and, as Sherlock Holmes said, whoever's left must be the frosh.
Maybe by "ID" they meant "put a name to a face"?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
@RockyMTblue2 I agree with you not only has the BY lost its edge but apparently so has CD. For 30 some years now the UCONN team has always lined up in height order and it was CD's job to make sure that happened. Yet here they are in Italy-all out of order. Unless... they are really not??
DHhg_BGXsAAbb_m.jpg

Actually, I never liked the ordering of players by height. Height Shaming :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom