OT: - Boneyard fans live longer | The Boneyard

OT: Boneyard fans live longer

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
In the latest statistics on life expectancy, the Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk area has the greatest average life expectancy at 83 years. I believe there is a causal relationship here with the success of the UConn wbb program contributing to the overall quality of life in the state. Hawaii is ranked first in the states list, but that is really not fair at all. Connecticut as a state is ranked #5. So the Huskies, with wins like last night's, are doing their part. West Virginia, Mississippi, and Alabama are the bottom dwellers. Eee gad, I better go for a walk! :eek:

Reaction Score
I'm a Garden Stater, not a Nutmegger, but I think my love for Geno's program should qualify me for Connecticut longevity. (And, for what it's worth, I have a brother in Hawaii.)

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
I grew up in the south and went to UGA, you know the school that usurped Alabama as the greatest ncaa football program ever. BUT I have lived in Colorado now for 44 years and I pine for that good ole fashioned southern food that's been cooked for hours with not a vitamin left to be had. Sometimes, longevity is overrated :). Live well @Bama fan .

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In the latest statistics on life expectancy, the Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk area has the greatest average life expectancy at 83 years. I believe there is a causal relationship here with the success of the UConn wbb program contributing to the overall quality of life in the state. Hawaii is ranked first in the states list, but that is really not fair at all. Connecticut as a state is ranked #5. So the Huskies, with wins like last night's, are doing their part. West Virginia, Mississippi, and Alabama are the bottom dwellers. Eee gad, I better go for a walk! :eek:
Is it that they live longer or just that it seems longer since they spent a good portion of their lives stuck in traffic on 95?

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Bama fan, no problem being the fan you are. At least any here are smart enough to never ever admit to being a Rocky Top fan. Just by being here and being accepted on the BY it is reported to increase your IQ by 15 points. And Life expectancy by up to 5 years. I live in the hills of Tn., a recent transplant. being a 30 year fan of the Huskies and the Geno way of life. My guess, the Huskies have a very warm spot in your heart as do most of us on the BY. "Live long and prosper."

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I live in Minnesota, we are pretty good. I think we are in the Top 10 in health.
Yes, Minnesota is # 4. HI, CA, NY, MN, CT, MA, CO, NJ, WA, FL are the top ten.

Reaction Score
Great to know we aficionados will have long lives, BUT will those of us pushing the limit see another NC any time soon? I'm still remembering Stewie's 4 fingers waggling before my failing eyes . . . :confused:

Reaction Score
UConn should play one game each season in Bridgeport instead of XL. Have a game in the place with the longest life expectancy!
Agreed.

Both years they did this both the men's and women's games sold out. If the concern is the logistics of two dates,(Renting the facility, planning etc) the solution could possibly be have both games on one day with an afternoon and evening games with separate admissions I think the demographics of the two fan bases are different enough that both games would probably sell out.

Even though we get up to Storrs and Hartford for games it would be nice to have a game less than twenty minutes from home.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes, Minnesota is # 4. HI, CA, NY, MN, CT, MA, CO, NJ, WA, FL are the top ten.
New Jersey makes the list…
Excited Hype GIF by Sound FX

Reaction Score
Agreed.

Both years they did this both the men's and women's games sold out. If the concern is the logistics of two dates,(Renting the facility, planning etc) the solution could possibly be have both games on one day with an afternoon and evening games with separate admissions I think the demographics of the two fan bases are different enough that both games would probably sell out.

Even though we get up to Storrs and Hartford for games it would be nice to have a game less than twenty minutes from home.
I think Geno said when asked about it that they can't because of the contract with XL. I wonder if a neutral site game were to be set up there like the one they play at Mohegan almost every year if that would be a way around that limitation. Games in Bridgeport are much more convenient because there's actual mass transit to get you in and out. The arena also has the same seating capacity as Gampel. Let them play one at Bridgeport, one at Mohegan, then split the rest between XL and Gampel. That seems fair to me.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I grew up in the south and went to UGA, you know the school that usurped Alabama as the greatest ncaa football program ever. BUT I have lived in Colorado now for 44 years and I pine for that good ole fashioned southern food that's been cooked for hours with not a vitamin left to be had. Sometimes, longevity is overrated :). Live well @Bama fan .
A born Yankee, I lived in South Caroline for 9 years. I miss all that great southern food - except Okra and Chitlins.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I think Geno said when asked about it that they can't because of the contract with XL. I wonder if a neutral site game were to be set up there like the one they play at Mohegan almost every year if that would be a way around that limitation. Games in Bridgeport are much more convenient because there's actual mass transit to get you in and out. The arena also has the same seating capacity as Gampel. Let them play one at Bridgeport, one at Mohegan, then split the rest between XL and Gampel. That seems fair to me.
They already play in the annual Hall of Fame game at Mohegan Sun, but a game should not be played in Bridgeport since they play NCAA tournament games there. If they played there every year, it might be considered another home court for UConn.

Reaction Score
I was born in NJ in 1933. I have been in South Carolina since 1986. I love the weather in SC and had always HATED the snow in NJ. I have been a die hard UCONN fan since 2013 and attribute my age to blessed genes from both sides of my family tree and healthy living. Bless all the 80's plus for a long and prosperous life.. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
They already play in the annual Hall of Fame game at Mohegan Sun, but a game should not be played in Bridgeport since they play NCAA tournament games there. If they played there every year, it might be considered another home court for UConn.
It don't think so because NCAA only considers a court to be a home court if it's within 30 miles of the school or something like that.

Reaction Score
Compared to other states it should be expected that Connecticut and its Boneyarders live longer. People in the states with lower life expectancies have just been dying for their basketball teams win national championships.

Reaction Score
Sort of makes sense Florida is in the top 10...considering the majority of the seniors in Florida retired from states on this list. :D

Reaction Score
Don’t forget that they have been playing three additional games at the Mohegan Sun each year - the Best East Tournament and formerly the AAC Tournament. Oh, did I mention free parking garages?

Reaction Score
Not to be a killjoy, but I believe there may be a much greater correlation. While I haven't looked in the ;ast few years, Fairfield County has been one near the top of most affluent counties in the US for years. I would think that has more to do with life expectancy the UCONN WBB even though I'm as big of a fan as anyone.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Not to be a killjoy, but I believe there may be a much greater correlation. While I haven't looked in the ;ast few years, Fairfield County has been one near the top of most affluent counties in the US for years. I would think that has more to do with life expectancy the UCONN WBB even though I'm as big of a fan as anyone.
Putting facts before harmless fun is the very definition of "being a killjoy", but I am sure your reasoning is sound. Just not much fun!;)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I've been overcooked for years now and I turned out just fine thank you. At least my therapist says so...and I always leave my 16th floor windows open to let out building security.

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
I've been overcooked for years now and I turned out just fine thank you. At least my therapist says so...and I always leave my 16th floor windows open to let out building security.
Given how clever some of your posts are, I suspect there may be some intact vitamins left in that overcooked brain of yours... and please stay away from the windows.

Reaction Score
Unless they change the format of the NCAA tournament there will never be another tournament game in Bridgeport.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom