Boneyard 8/8/1998 | The Boneyard

Boneyard 8/8/1998

temery

What?
Reaction Score
3B9DA5D4-2970-416D-A934-252C27CACEFA.gif

Check in, share a story, past usernames, etc.

May 1998: Wayback Machine

A bit of boneyard history.

Boneyard inception?

How did you first hear about the Boneyard?

20th Anniversary Commemorative t shirt TBA (Frank D'Angelo, send me an email. Yours in on the house):

Anyone here in the t-shirt printing business?

Last edited:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Wow, 20 years, congrats for your hard work.

This board is pretty much an independent site run by Nancy. JS, and Biff. For the past couple years it's been keeping the site afloat.

I doubt there's a women's basketball board anywhere near as active.

Reaction Score
This board is pretty much an independent site run by Nancy. JS, and Biff. For the past couple years it's been keeping the site afloat.

I doubt there's a women's basketball board anywhere near as active.
Looking to see another 20 years of BY.
Thanks to everyone's effort. Just amazing work by you people.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
View attachment 33547

Check in, share a story, past usernames, etc.'

I first visited something called the Boneyard in the mid-nineties, while it was hosted by the Courant. Mainly men's BB was discussed, though some mention was made of the growing success on the women's side. Not long after I joined the Courant stopped hosting and the ball was picked up by others. Early on the servers kept crashing, as posts grew seemingly exponentially. From what I could tell we always were one of the most active fan boards in the country, men's or women's.

The funniest posters were active in the nineties. Fishy was king, but rabidhusky and maddog also kept things lighthearted. My original username was "mapper" after my vocation at the time as a GIS Manager for a conservation nonprofit. There also was a poster named "mappy," who was the first really funny poster on the women's side. To this day he's the only BYer I met at a home game and had dinner with. We used to joke about our respective usernames and roles, me the serious guy and he the jokester. When things got dicey on the women's board during the "lean" years (oh how spoiled we are) he disappeared completely and I went into remission. I still do not post much on the men's side because of the vitriol; I shudder to think whether this board will have the same fate after Auriemma's retirement. I eventually resurfaced as diggerfoot, a trail name I was given when I hiked the PCT in 1977. My post count reflects only my "diggerfoot" posts, made while my focus is on being a caregiver. I was much more active as "mapper," so you folks can feel some relief.

Incidentally, I met two other BYers at a men's BB game by coincidence when we played St. John's in Madison Square Garden, Wonkster and Nuzzi. I also met two BYers when doggydaddy, meyers and myself all went to defend the BY's honor in a videocast.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Happy 20th anniversary Boneyard. THE place to be if you're a UConn women's basketball fan, or just a fan in general of WCBB. A very special shout out (and a BIG THANK YOU) to all of the mods that work tirelessly behind the scenes, and do an excellent job of making the yard one of the busiest, user friendly and most poplar fan forums on the net.

Another shout out to ALL of the UConn fans (family members) that post here. You guys are awesome, and very knowledgeable. And finally, a shout out to posters that post and comment here regularly that are fans of other programs. You share and comment on things with us about your team's program from an "insider's" point of view. That is one of the reason so many fans come here. You can read about news about programs all over the country.

This forum would not be nearly as interesting or popular without you. Please, continue to drop by regularly and share news items of interest (verbals/transfers, etc.) from your program, or a comment on a topic already being discussed here.

I love the yard. I love running with the BIG dawgs. I visit several times everyday to keep abreast of what's going on with the UConn program, and WCBB in general. Whenever I log on, I'm always hoping to see that a highly coveted recruit has verbaled to UConn, because one of these days soon, it will happen!! Be blessed everyone. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Happy 20th Anniversary to The Boneyard!

I was a lurker for a long time as I heavily participated on the ESPN boards before they became defunct. You had to be really thick-skinned for that experience. When ESPN closed them down I migrated here.

Thanks to everyone - especially Nan - for some great basketball conversations. And, even though we can get a little "rambunctious" at times I feel we're all pretty level-headed.

I can't wait for the season to start!

Reaction Score
Happy 20th Anniversary!! I love this board and I wish it many many years of continued success.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Happy 20th anniversary, or birthday, or whatever. The mods do great, if often trying work; and the Boneheads are just that. Thanks to all of you, or y'all as we say in Alabama! :)

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
The BY is a special and unique digital culture. Thanks to all for letting me be a little part of this place.

Reaction Score
Happy 20th BY. You've wasted sooooo much of my life. :cool:
Ain't that the truth.
A cup of coffee The Boneyard and the morning paper.
Usually good news on the Boneyard to soften whatever in the paper.
Thanks to all and especially Nan the greatest thing since sliced bread......

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
It's been a while. Glad to see some of the old timers are still posting. It's also good to see new yarders have stepped up to fill the voids left by the motley crew that got this site through the early years of the UC / TN wars.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
To all you tady suck ups I just gotta say ... keep it up, or else!

One more thing. If the BY had not hired this kid as a moderator we would be in big trouble!

Last edited:

GoDawgs4

MSU and All That Too
Reaction Score
As a newcomer and a State alum and fan, thank you for letting us be a part of this forum. It is easily more knowledgeable and respectful group of fans in the nation.
After we broke the streak last year almost all of the UConn folks were very gracious in Defeat and complementary our team. That is very unusual in this day and time.
The banter between people here is generally friendly and intelligent along with being interesting.
Congratulations on 20 years.,

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Thanks for the Boneyard, Tom. I've been around the women's side since back when you were taking donations to keep it all running.

And, as a Rutgers fan - even I was welcomed, back in the heat of the rivalry. And far and away the most informed and informative board for WBB.

And a shout-out to Fishy, who had the funniest post ever - probably not on the women's board - when he discussed his experience with the item known as a "onesie". I still have the hard-copy printout somewhere.

Reaction Score
the BY is clearly the best site for WBB in the country........thanks for keeping it going despite the spankings handed out to your's truly on occasion!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom