Bonemojis | The Boneyard

Bonemojis

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We Boneyarders (yes, that means you, too, regular posters that root for other teams) talk about the need for a sarcasm emoji, you know, one of the smiley face thingies :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek:Head bang:oops::rolleyes:

So I thought we could kick this around, maybe have one of our graphics wizards help us out. We need a sarcasm emoji but what else? I like the "beating a dead horse" one I've seen on other boards, personally. Any other thoughts?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
We Boneyarders (yes, that means you, too, regular posters that root for other teams) talk about the need for a sarcasm emoji, you know, one of the smiley face thingies :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek:Head bang:oops::rolleyes:

So I thought we could kick this around, maybe have one of our graphics wizards help us out. We need a sarcasm emoji but what else? I like the "beating a dead horse" one I've seen on other boards, personally. Any other thoughts?

I think the last emoji on the right :rolleyes: can be used as sort of a 'sarcasm' face, at least to me. Definitely the dead horse emoji (thwack-thwack-thwack) would be useful here on the BY ..:cool: I also think a laugh-out-loud emoji would be useful, similar to the ones below. The green one we have is more of a Cheshire cat grin and the pink one doesn't fit all situations either.

laugh emojis.png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Give me some hearts "love" emoji's. I often want to express my love for the way our team plays or how our girls honor the game.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I always used :rolleyes: whenever i was being sarcastic..... though I also use it sometimes when Im being facetious.

Anyway..... I'll just wait around to see if any new face/symbol is introduced

rv.gif

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I think (in the VAST majority of cases) anyone who needs that much help to detect sarcasm deserves what he or she gets in responses from other posters. But if you must have something, how about a picture of a Geiger counter?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I have long felt we are emoji (what is the plural?) deprived, leading to misunderstanding, and on the other hand less emoji wars. On balance, I think we need more, and ask that a committee of responsible BYers (that excludes me) and Biff study the technical issues related thereto and come up with a set we can vote on. In keeping with the civil tone of this board, I would hope the douple finger flip off will not be in the list, though I think it's pretty neat! :rolleyes:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I want something like this:
upload_2017-4-16_12-11-3.jpeg

Eyes looking upward, suggestive of an "eye roll," but without the smile of our already existent bemused bonemoji.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score

Is that your new look Nan?
Sure looks a lot like Gabby? :)

I still like the little ole lady from years back.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I hope this doesn't seem sacrilegious but VolNation has a very long list of emojis, some of which probably ought not see the light of day here.

But I appreciate the mods bringing up the subject because I have often felt limited by our choices.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I hope this doesn't seem sacrilegious but VolNation has a very long list of emojis, some of which probably ought not see the light of day here.

But I appreciate the mods bringing up the subject because I have often felt limited by our choices.

VN is particularly strong on the animated emojis, and my personal favorite, which always gives me the giggles, is the one that does some elaborate jig and then falls forward flat on his face. Particularly apropos of that team.

Reaction Score
How about one for the old canard "thank you for your interest in UConn women's basketball"?

The always popular :rolleyes: is close to appropriate here too but, reflecting on this further, this once popular phrase has faded from common use...so I conclude it may be overkill. Nevertheless, for completeness and to refresh some old memories, I'll post it. (While watching the Bee Gees special...).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom