bonehead plays and bad whistle | The Boneyard

bonehead plays and bad whistle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We simply make way too many boneheaded plays to be a successful team. Some of that is personell, some of it being a young team and some of it is on Ollie. When you continually have bad rotations and treat the ball like it's covered in lava you are putting yourself behind the eight ball. We just have nobody we can depend on from game to game, Hamilton is close and was great tonight and Boat is great but teams have learned to cut the head off of the dragon and Boat needs to depend on his teammates and guys like Purvis, Omar, Samuel and Facey just aren't dependable. At least we showed a little heart tonight making it a game and Hamilton showed what we have to look forward to next season. Things that made me almost break my TV, the refs with some really shady whistles down the stretch and Nolan shoving Nichols when we had three guys there to rebound a defensive rebound with less than two minutes left. Sometimes it all goes your way(the run with Kemba) sometimes nothing goes your way(2014-2015 season.)

Reaction Score
That Nolan shove in the back against Nichols with ~1 minute left lost the game in my opinion. Gave Memphis an extra point on a play where he just needed to stand there and one of the two UConn guys five feet behind him would have presumably grabbed the board.

Reaction Score
That Nolan shove in the back against Nichols with ~1 minute left lost the game in my opinion. Gave Memphis an extra point on a play where he just needed to stand there and one of the two UConn guys five feet behind him would have presumably grabbed the board.
The sequence that hurt us the most.

Brimah misses the front end of a 1&1.
Next possession Nolan misses a lay up.
Next possession Nolan misses front end of a 1&1

BTW we had stopped Memphis on all their offensive possession, that could have been a 6-point run.

Reaction Score

BTW we had stopped Memphis on all their offensive possession, that could have been a 6-point run.
That one definitely hurt. The Nolan foul didn't end the game like I had said, but it really just gave me a sense of the game being over. Can't win when making careless mistakes in crunch time. That said, I'm still very optimistic about this being a NCAA team.

Reaction Score

And here I thought DHam missing that fastbreak layup was the killer. They all had a share in this loss. Just boneheaded play after boneheaded play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom